Review: IPC-LPR237B-IR / Equivalent of Dahua ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B - ANPR, Traffic & Access Control Camera

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The 4mp IPC-LPR437B-IR is coming in now on our Amazon shop, as we checked with @Wildcat_1 , he is testing on it and post a reivew soon, till now he has bit good impression on this new 4mp camera.
It will comes the new interface and it's bit better than the old 237 one, also it can be able to switch the plate algorithm.

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 4mp IPC-LPR437B-IR is coming in now on our Amazon shop, as we checked with @Wildcat_1 , he is testing on it and post a reivew soon, till now he has bit good impression on this new 4mp camera.
It will comes the new interface and it's bit better than the old 237 one, also it can be able to switch the plate algorithm.
That is good news Andy. I picked up one from you from AliExpress a few weeks back but have been swamped with work and have not got it out and operational yet. Also need to get that universal mount from you soon.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hahah, Andy gave the secret away. As I told him (while I bench test this unit), the UI is improved and the ability to switch plate recognition by region database is a VERY nice addition. Stay tuned

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Decided to grab a 437 from Andy.. arrived Saturday and hopefully will be installing this week, weather permitting.
The UI, wow... completely different than what I'm used to, so it's going to be a lot of experimenting to see what's what, and bugging Wildcat with questions.
Thanks Andy, and thanks Wildcat.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Decided to grab a 437 from Andy.. arrived Saturday and hopefully will be installing this week, weather permitting.
The UI, wow... completely different than what I'm used to, so it's going to be a lot of experimenting to see what's what, and bugging Wildcat with questions.
Thanks Andy, and thanks Wildcat.
No problem, Enjoy. Just waiting for the weather to get better and will get this thing mounted and walk everyone through this. Like I said, MUCH improved UI and the ability to adjust plate database is a HUGE upgrade as it allows for multi country / territory deployment without switching models

quest100

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a mount similar to the Dahua DH-PFA162? Or where to order it in the US that will ship soon? So far Adorama is the only listing I can find and they are out of stock.

I want to mount the LPR247 on top of a flat plywood surface that will be the bottom of a box. The huge elbow cantilevers the camera way out front and raises it 12-13 inches in the air. I am looking for any alternative ideas.

JDog3441

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the expected FW number for the 437 that has the new/improved UI and switch plate recognition?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the expected FW number for the 437 that has the new/improved UI and switch plate recognition?
The one I am running that gives you these functions is

2.626.0000000.4.R, build : 2022-07-18

keiththevp

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 20 ft wide gate opening that has at least a 100 ft straight shot in front of it plus lots of pot holes and dirt so vehicles are forced to slow down ... I have a Dahua 5432 series NVR on the way, I am brand new to security systems and camera networks so will the 237 or 437 model work for ANPR in a plug and play manor with maybe some adjustments to settings or camera placement? I just see a lot of people on here seem to have to do custom scripts, constant testing, new firmware, constant reboots etc. just to get this thing to operate as it should, or is that because they are not using a Dahua NVR?

My end goal is just to have a white list so I can be notified on my mobile when someone has entered our yard that is not on that list. Should I be looking at a different camera option?

Thanks in advance for any advice your willing to share!!

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a 20 ft wide gate opening that has at least a 100 ft straight shot in front of it plus lots of pot holes and dirt so vehicles are forced to slow down ... I have a Dahua 5432 series NVR on the way, I am brand new to security systems and camera networks so will the 237 or 437 model work for ANPR in a plug and play manor with maybe some adjustments to settings or camera placement? I just see a lot of people on here seem to have to do custom scripts, constant testing, new firmware, constant reboots etc. just to get this thing to operate as it should, or is that because they are not using a Dahua NVR?

My end goal is just to have a white list so I can be notified on my mobile when someone has entered our yard that is not on that list. Should I be looking at a different camera option?

Thanks in advance for any advice your willing to share!!
@Wildcat_1 Would be able to help you a lot better than I can.
I would most likely grab the 437. I just got mine installed today, and it seems like you can set it up for black/white list for plates If everything is within 100', it should work well.
The only problem I forssee, is if they don't have a front plate/cover the front plate.

I THINK you can set the cam up to send a notice if the vehicle doesn't have a plate as well. Again, Wildcat would be able to answer these questions a lot better.

I'm just beginning to look into all the settings on mine.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Having just gotten my 437 installed today, I'll be fine tuning of angle/position, as well as all the settings within the cam itself.
First thing I have noticed already, the camera seems to identify all SUV as "Heavy Truck" or even "Bus".

The logo identifier also seems to be off. Though it does seem to identify Toyota/Chevy pretty accurately.
This all could very well be that I don't have everything set up properly yet, so we shall see how things sort out in the coming weeks.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having just gotten my 437 installed today, I'll be fine tuning of angle/position, as well as all the settings within the cam itself.
First thing I have noticed already, the camera seems to identify all SUV as "Heavy Truck" or even "Bus".

The logo identifier also seems to be off. Though it does seem to identify Toyota/Chevy pretty accurately.
This all could very well be that I don't have everything set up properly yet, so we shall see how things sort out in the coming weeks.
I've been running the 237 for a year and a half and the vehicle ID is pretty worthless--lots of Tatamotors and Daihatsu for American made cars. If the 437 works even a little bit that'd be an improvement.

keiththevp

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running the 237 for a year and a half and the vehicle ID is pretty worthless--lots of Tatamotors and Daihatsu for American made cars. If the 437 works even a little bit that'd be an improvement.
How accurate is the plate recognition and what NVR/software do you use?

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How accurate is the plate recognition and what NVR/software do you use?
I'm using a Dahua 5216-16P-4KS2E. A snapshot of the car/plate comes up on the right hand side of the monitor I use.
So far, which is only been a few hours, it's been accurate on all the plates except 2. Of those 2, 1 plate was bent so bad you could only see half the letters/numbers, and the other plate was just a complete whiff. Though that was the first plate caught after getting it installed, so :shrugs:

Of course there are several vehicles that don't have plates, etc..

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would say there is definitely an improvement over the 237 algorithms, just by what I have seen from Wildcat1 review of the 237.
It also seems to identify BMW and Lexus as well.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a Dahua 5216-16P-4KS2E. A snapshot of the car/plate comes up on the right hand side of the monitor I use.
So far, which is only been a few hours, it's been accurate on all the plates except 2. Of those 2, 1 plate was bent so bad you could only see half the letters/numbers, and the other plate was just a complete whiff. Though that was the first plate caught after getting it installed, so :shrugs:

Of course there are several vehicles that don't have plates, etc..
I use both Blue Iris and a Dahua 5416-16P-4KS2E. The NVR is fine but the enhanced search features only allow you to search for one week back. I usually use the camera GUI because I mine has been going for 18 months and I haven't filled up my 256gb sd card yet. Mine is more than 95 percent accurate when a plate is visible.