Review: IPC-LPR237B-IR / Equivalent of Dahua ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B - ANPR, Traffic & Access Control Camera

keiththevp

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll show off a crazy angle as part of the 437, in fact specifically mounted this way to show what it's capable of. With that said, if you want consistent plate caps that you can take to the bank then YES angle, height and distance to target along with dialing in for speed and light as well as frames possible within FOV ARE absolutely critical. Eve more so at night of course. Are the issues you're seeing at day, night or both ?
I have not had a chance to test at night yet, planning to do it later tonight to see if the 10’ height at 5 degree angle get blinded by headlights

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I changed my settings around a little today, bit sharper plate capture, but still not quite there yet.
Iris setting and a couple other things still need to be fine tuned.

keiththevp

n3wb
Reaction score
just ran some night tests and it was pretty terrible lol, only cap like 25% ... back to the drawing board on camera placement and angle for me tomorrow.

nwiceman

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve had this camera for almost a year now and love it. However, I’ve had a problem where it will occasionally go offline and I have to manually intervene (power cycle camera, power cycle switch, etc.) to bring it back online. I’ve gone through many infrastructure changes to troubleshoot such as:

• Validating cable termination
• Changing out main POE switch
• Adding POE switch downstream from main switch, closer to LPR
• Adding PFT1200 after downstream PEO switch
• Removing downstream POE switch and using just PFT1200
• Bench test camera with ti right next to main POE switch and connect with short factory cables.
• Bench test camera right next to main POE switch and PFT1200 and connect with short factory cables.

Regardless of how I have it connected, it will go offline and it’s sometimes a pain to get it back online. Just unplugging the camera and plugging it back in doesn’t always work. Sometimes multiple reboots and sometimes a hard reset using the button next to the storage card.

FWIW, the camera is running the default factory firmware and I have never updated it. That version is 2.625.10BE000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-19

Earlier today, I noticed that “Auto Reboot” was enabled in the “Auto Maintain” settings. It was set for some random day of the week at some random time. I hadn’t noticed this setting before so decided to set the day/time to 10 minutes later. Once 10 minutes had passed, I saw the camera go offline and it never came back. No access via the web interface and no response to ping. Looking at the front of the camera, I can see that the red LEDs are still on. I have no clue as to when in the reboot cycle that the camera locked up.

I have never enabled the auto reboot setting nor have I ever had a reason to want it to auto reboot. I have also factory reset the camera several times so if it’s on after that, then I must assume that it came from the factory set that way. I see this setting in the user manual, yet it doesn’t say anything about it being on by default. I also see an “Emergency Maintenance” settings tab under Auto Maintain and the “On” checkbox is checked. This setting isn’t even mentioned in the manual.

I’m going start with turning off “Auto Reboot” and see if my stability improves.

Questions:

• Is auto reboot on by default for others that have this camera? If so, do you see this lockup issues?
• Why would auto reboot be enabled?
• What is “Emergency Maintenance”?

nwiceman

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of additional notes:
  • I turned off "Auto Reboot" and did another factory reset. After the reset, auto reboot was enabled again for Tue at 2 AM.
  • When I uncheck "On" for Emergency Maintenance, I get a popup that says "It is recommended that the emergency maintenance be enabled."

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve had this camera for almost a year now and love it. However, I’ve had a problem where it will occasionally go offline and I have to manually intervene (power cycle camera, power cycle switch, etc.) to bring it back online. I’ve gone through many infrastructure changes to troubleshoot such as:

• Validating cable termination
• Changing out main POE switch
• Adding POE switch downstream from main switch, closer to LPR
• Adding PFT1200 after downstream PEO switch
• Removing downstream POE switch and using just PFT1200
• Bench test camera with ti right next to main POE switch and connect with short factory cables.
• Bench test camera right next to main POE switch and PFT1200 and connect with short factory cables.

Regardless of how I have it connected, it will go offline and it’s sometimes a pain to get it back online. Just unplugging the camera and plugging it back in doesn’t always work. Sometimes multiple reboots and sometimes a hard reset using the button next to the storage card.

FWIW, the camera is running the default factory firmware and I have never updated it. That version is 2.625.10BE000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-19

Earlier today, I noticed that “Auto Reboot” was enabled in the “Auto Maintain” settings. It was set for some random day of the week at some random time. I hadn’t noticed this setting before so decided to set the day/time to 10 minutes later. Once 10 minutes had passed, I saw the camera go offline and it never came back. No access via the web interface and no response to ping. Looking at the front of the camera, I can see that the red LEDs are still on. I have no clue as to when in the reboot cycle that the camera locked up.

I have never enabled the auto reboot setting nor have I ever had a reason to want it to auto reboot. I have also factory reset the camera several times so if it’s on after that, then I must assume that it came from the factory set that way. I see this setting in the user manual, yet it doesn’t say anything about it being on by default. I also see an “Emergency Maintenance” settings tab under Auto Maintain and the “On” checkbox is checked. This setting isn’t even mentioned in the manual.

I’m going start with turning off “Auto Reboot” and see if my stability improves.

Questions:

• Is auto reboot on by default for others that have this camera? If so, do you see this lockup issues?
• Why would auto reboot be enabled?
• What is “Emergency Maintenance”?
I have my NVR set to reboot every Sunday during the day. This brings all the cameras with it as they're using POE provided from the NVR. I find this helps stability. My PTZ (SD1A404XB) is the slowest to come back up. Almost 3 minutes to reboot. But never an issue once they're all back up.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone using the 237 successfully been able to implement their setup to get realtime notification of blacklisted vehicles? If so, how? I've been using the 237 for about 18 months with no problems but now have a need for that functionality. I use the camera primary as a standalone with the microsd card but also have it streaming 24/7 to a NVR5416-4ks2, which has options for whitelist/blocklist. I'm just not sure how to set it up.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a firmware that has North American plate algorithm?

My camera is correctly identifying plates (as I can see from the green overlay) but it will not 'recognize' them as a plate. I have no option in my firmware to select North America which is why I assume it is ignoring them even though it is getting them correct.

mghersi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I try to configure the ITCPUSH on my
ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B
but the event never send the information any ideas?

mghersi

n3wb
Reaction score
It was very simple, no access to stream is needed.

You configure the settings on SETTING -> NETWORK -> PLATFORM -> ITCPUSH. Here is my setup in the lab:

View attachment 124103

Then when the camera captures a plate, it sends a JSON POST request to your URL.

Well, sorta to your URL. In the Web URL box I first tried
Got nothing, it made no attempt to connect that I could see.

I changed it from HTTPS to HTTP and then it started sending data.

It did NOT send data to the URL defined however. It started sending data to some other URL:

It used my domain name, but totally ignored the URL were it was supposed to go. I used .htaccess to intercept where it was trying to go and direct it to where I wanted it to go.

Once you get that figured out, read the POST body content and you get a JSON object. The JSON object has all the vehicle details, plate info and photos etc. I would assume the data in the JSON object would change based on the options you select on the Upload Info Config section of the ITCPUSH page.
Hi

The ITCPUSH it's a POST or a GET ?
The response how must be made to received at the server only one PUSH?

Thanks, Mario

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi

The ITCPUSH it's a POST or a GET ?
The response how must be made to received at the server only one PUSH?

Thanks, Mario
Yes, the requests sent to your server are POST. They contain images etc. which would never fit for a GET request.

You will want to check your logs and see what URL they are requesting at your server, what you put in the URL of the ITCPUSH page is NOT what it ends up requesting. They essentially make up their own URL :-(

Last edited:

mghersi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the requests sent to your server are POST. They contain images etc. which would never fit for a GET request.

You will want to check your logs and see what URL they are requesting at your server, what you put in the URL of the ITCPUSH page is NOT what it ends up requesting. They essentially make up their own URL :-(
Hi Robert

Thanks, for the quick answer I'm dealing with an implementation job for the
ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B
running to open a gate looking the plates of the owners.

[20/Mar/2023:22:57:14 +0000] "POST /NotificationInfo/KeepAlive HTTP/1.1" 404 207 "-" "-"
[20/Mar/2023:22:57:19 +0000] "POST /NotificationInfo/TollgateInfo HTTP/1.1" 404 207 "-" "-"

Can you send me some information about how to deal with "KeepAlive" and "TollgateInfo" ?

Thanks, Mario

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Robert

Thanks, for the quick answer I'm dealing with an implementation job for the
ITC237-PW6M-IRLZF1050-B
running to open a gate looking the plates of the owners.

[20/Mar/2023:22:57:14 +0000] "POST /NotificationInfo/KeepAlive HTTP/1.1" 404 207 "-" "-"
[20/Mar/2023:22:57:19 +0000] "POST /NotificationInfo/TollgateInfo HTTP/1.1" 404 207 "-" "-"

Can you send me some information about how to deal with "KeepAlive" and "TollgateInfo" ?

Thanks, Mario
Yep, you got it. You need to process those URL's. I do not see any way to make the camera send those to a URL of your choice, so you must be ready for those and process them on your webserver.

The keepAlive request is just nonsense, no idea what it is for.

The TolllgateInfo requests I think are the ones that contain plate information.

Personally I use .htaccess to redirect those requests to a script for processing.

mghersi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Robert

Any Python code to share to understand how to handle the information of the ITCPUSH ?
Or documentation?

Thanks, Mario

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Robert

Any Python code to share to understand how to handle the information of the ITCPUSH ?
Or documentation?

Thanks, Mario

I have no Python code to share, I can only tell you what I did to figure it out as I have never seen any documentation either :-(

I read what the web request was sending me, which is JSON in the post and from there just started working with the JSON until I got the information I needed. The image of the vehicle, plate etc are all in the JSON that is posted to the URL. I believe the photos are Base64 encoded in the JSON object.

I read from others on here that you must send back a positive confirmation to the camera, or it will keep sending the same POST over and over (which makes sense).

I my case I always return { "Result": true } - even if I have an error on my side, just so the camera does not start pounding the heck out of my server with requests.

Last edited:

mghersi

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no Python code to share, I can only tell you what I did to figure it out as I have never seen any documentation either :-(

I read what the web request was sending me, which is JSON in the post and from there just started working with the JSON until I got the information I needed. The image of the vehicle, plate etc are all in the JSON that is posted to the URL. I believe the photos are Base64 encoded in the JSON object.

I read from others on here that you must send back a positive confirmation to the camera, or it will keep sending the same POST over and over (which makes sense).

I my case I always return { "Result": true } - even if I have an error on my side, just so the camera does not start pounding the heck out of my server with requests.
Hi Robert

Thanks a lot I'm receiving the events and ready to start working with the logic from my side.

{
"Picture":{
"CutoutPic":{
"Content":"",
"PicName":""
},
"NormalPic":{
},
"Plate":{
"BoundingBox":[
],
"Channel":0,
"Confidence":222,
"IsExist":true,
"PlateColor":"White",
"PlateNumber":"JFSK34",
"PlateType":"",
"UploadNum":6
},
"SnapInfo":{
"AccurateTime":"2023-03-21 14:07:20.220",
"DefenceCode":"yZlBz9vZlh1pHj51",
"DeviceID":"edited",
"Direction":"Unknow",
"OpenStrobe":false,
"SnapAddress":"",
"SnapTime":"2023-03-21 14:07:20",
"TriggerSource":"Video"
},
"Vehicle":{
"VehicleColor":"Blue",
"VehicleSeries":"Unknown",
"VehicleSign":"Chevrolet",
"VehicleType":"SaloonCar"
},
"VehiclePic":{
}
}
}

Now "One More Thing" how to use the relay to open the gate or barrier do you know how to do it?
Maybe response to the TollgateInfo or at the KeepAlive to some instruction?

Thanks, Mario

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now "One More Thing" how to use the relay to open the gate or barrier do you know how to do it?
Maybe response to the TollgateInfo or at the KeepAlive to some instruction?
Not a clue, I have no gate to play with. I just capture plate info for security, have never tried to interface with anything else.