Review: EZVIZ DB1C

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll look into the ezviz studio. Does it have the chime setting?

I did not see the chime setting in EZViz Studio for my Nelly DB with Hikvision firmware.

A few months back lost my mechanical chime setting and I saw in it the EZViz or Nelly Android app at the time.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No, like pete_c says EZviz Studio doesn't have the chime selection. Chime selection is part of the initial setup.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Disconnect the power source. Either at the DB1Cor at the transformer. One wire disconnected will do the trick.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disconnect the power source. Either at the DB1Cor at the transformer. One wire disconnected will do the trick.
So that did it for me. I pulled the power and did held the reset while i plugged it back in (a little tough), but was able to get back to where i can select a Mechanical Chime.....and it works.

That should be available not through the initial setup only. The app could use some work!

Now i need to add it to Blue Irirs!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Use this for the path without the parenthesis around the password or the leading space (had to do that to keep it from being a smiley face):

/admin: (password)/Streaming/Channels/101 for main stream
/admin: (password)/Streaming/Channels/102 for sub stream

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use this for the path without the parenthesis around the password or the leading space (had to do that to keep it from being a smiley face):

/admin: (password)/Streaming/Channels/101 for main stream
/admin: (password)/Streaming/Channels/102 for sub stream
Thanks! I'll play around with it tomorrow.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tested the new transformer with a multimeter - connected the leads directly but got zero voltage reading.
It's already packaged up for return so probably not worth hooking it up to the Sage sensor.
Thanks for the recommendation for Farnell - I've bought from them before. This looks about right - does it look suitable?
Just thinking about this transformer again. I'd be replacing the chime's existing 8V transformer with a 24V unit. Would that be safe for the chime??

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It'll be safe. Only issue I had was the sound of the chime went to a gong instead of a chime here. Make sure you wire the new power supply as depicted in the manual as posted above. The new transformer is the "bell" transformer.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So that did it for me. I pulled the power and did held the reset while i plugged it back in (a little tough), but was able to get back to where i can select a Mechanical Chime.....and it works.

That should be available not through the initial setup only. The app could use some work!

Now i need to add it to Blue Irirs!
Actually, it use to be part of the setting in app where were could change chime type and they change it to where it only available during the first time setup.

I don't know why they did this.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually, it use to be part of the setting in app where were could change chime type and they change it to where it only available during the first time setup.

I don't know why they did this.
Thats crazy, i was searching around the app to find the chime setting but couldn't, i cant believe they pulled it.

I'm trying to set it up with Blue Iris and am having some problems. Is there a default username and password for this guy, or is it the email and password that i used to create the ezviz account? Is there settings posted somewhere here for adding it to blue iris?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats crazy, i was searching around the app to find the chime setting but couldn't, i cant believe they pulled it.

I'm trying to set it up with Blue Iris and am having some problems. Is there a default username and password for this guy, or is it the email and password that i used to create the ezviz account? Is there settings posted somewhere here for adding it to blue iris?
Read this "101" post. it's for a different model camera but lot on there apply the same for this model as well too ..

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read this "101" post. it's for a different model camera but lot on there apply the same for this model as well too ..

Thanks! Looks like i need to pull the doorbell off yet again to get the code on the back.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

The password for accessing the video stream is the 5-character verification code that is set as default when you receive the DB1C. If you change this code it "breaks" RTSP - I needed to do a reset to get it back to its original value to get the stream working with Blue Iris.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It'll be safe. Only issue I had was the sound of the chime went to a gong instead of a chime here. Make sure you wire the new power supply as depicted in the manual as posted above. The new transformer is the "bell" transformer.
Thanks. Yes I'll do a straight swap - 24VAC for the existing 8VAC transformer. Then add the DB1C's power kit across the (T) & (1) terminals of the chime.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The password for accessing the video stream is the 5-character verification code that is set as default when you receive the DB1C. If you change this code it "breaks" RTSP - I needed to do a reset to get it back to its original value to get the stream working with Blue Iris.
Glad i didn't change it. I guess its on the back of the device. It'll be a good time to install an sd card while i'm at it. So that 5 character code is the username and password?