Review: EZVIZ DB1C

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad i didn't change it. I guess its on the back of the device. It'll be a good time to install an sd card while i'm at it. So that 5 character code is the username and password?
You can also find the Verification Code in the app - if you go to Settings..About...Device QR code... then tap the eyelash icon next to the asterisks to view it

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Then add the DB1C's power kit across the (T) & (1) terminals of the chime.

Good news. That way you can continue to utilize your HC450 and your new DB1C video doorbell.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On your chime it is under the plastic along the line of the plunger so it would be an easy install.
I was trying to work out where that was - do you mean in the area marked in red in this photo?
View attachment 98491
Interesting that you find the contact sensor so reliable. I will definitely try it - I've ordered a Zigbee door/window sensor from eBay....
So I tried attaching a Zigbee door/window sensor both above and below the central section, but couldn't get it to trigger :0(

Also just had a 2nd 24VAC transformer delivered and it, too is dead (I get a zero AC voltage readout on my multimeter). I can't believe I've been sent two dud transformers, from different suppliers, in the same week!

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am guessing when you tested the Zigbee sensor you saw the plunger hit the strike to chime the doorbell. These are very sensitive to any magnet.

If you have a small compass hold it near the central section moving it up and down...should sense the magnetism.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I tried attaching a Zigbee door/window sensor both above and below the central section, but couldn't get it to trigger :0(

Also just had a 2nd 24VAC transformer delivered and it, too is dead (I get a zero AC voltage readout on my multimeter). I can't believe I've been sent two dud transformers, from different suppliers, in the same week!
This is odd, so I would look at everything else. Not being condescending, but I found out through the years most times I had multiple "defective" units something else was wrong, either my measuring technique or the actual power source.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is odd, so I would look at everything else. Not being condescending, but I found out through the years most times I had multiple "defective" units something else was wrong, either my measuring technique or the actual power source.
Yes - very odd indeed. So the replacement transformer from CPC Farnell arrived yesterday - and it tested fine on the multimeter. So it seems it really was a coincidence that I was sent two dud transformers, of different models, from different suppliers, in the same week.
:0(

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The saga continues....the new power supply from CPC Farnell (pic below) does not power up the DB1C. The doorbell is completely dead when I connect it up.

Are there any UK-based DB1C owners here who can recommend a power supply that they have tried and tested with the DB1C and a mechanical chime?
cpc transformer.jpg

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is an EZViz Transformer for the EZViz DB1C. It is higher output amperage that what you have purchased.

I understand that it is a DIN mounted transformer. You could hand wire a power cord to it to utilize it.

Cut the end off of this power cord and connect the ends to the transformer.

Here in the US tested my transformer on the workbench hand wiring an old computer cord to it.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is an EZViz Transformer for the EZViz DB1C. It is higher output amperage that what you have purchased.

I understand that it is a DIN mounted transformer. You could hand wire a power cord to it to utilize it.
Many thanks for the info. I just followed that link, and registered with that website, but there seems to be no way of buying from that site. There's a "£Login" button where the price looks like it should be, but when I click it I just get taken to my account details.
I've tried Googling this item but can't find any other suppliers. Does anyone know of a UK online supplier for this?

Vaikis

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for the info. I just followed that link, and registered with that website, but there seems to be no way of buying from that site. There's a "£Login" button where the price looks like it should be, but when I click it I just get taken to my account details.
I've tried Googling this item but can't find any other suppliers. Does anyone know of a UK online supplier for this?
Should work as well ;)

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The password for accessing the video stream is the 5-character verification code that is set as default when you receive the DB1C. If you change this code it "breaks" RTSP - I needed to do a reset to get it back to its original value to get the stream working with Blue Iris.
Thank you! I was going nuts trying to configure a userID/password in the dumbed-down camera settings. Coming from a Nelly's DB1 which had pretty dumbed-down settings as well.
So far so good. Looks better than the Nelly's, and the EZVis app so far seems faster than the crappy Guarding Vision app. Not that I really need it, I mainly wanted it for Blue Iris.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great thread! Thanks to all who participated.
I'm late to the party, but just replaced my Nelly's DB1 with the EZViz DB1C. So far, great!
I also upgraded my doorbell transformer with a Home Depot (yeah I paid too much) 16V 30VA unit. Managed to not kill myself replacing it (it's mounted right on my breaker box)
Even with the promised "Featuring a 170-degree vertical field of view, DB1C can reliably monitor most front door activity, from your tallest visitors to those precious packages placed on the ground"
I added 3 washers on the top of the mount to point it down a bit further, and it still doesn't quite get my whole step. But better than the old one.

Nice that there are 2 mounts, including the wedge. The extra room for wire connectors is much appreciated.
And really great that it can use the 5GHZ Wi-Fi band! That leaves me with only 2 2.4GHZcameras (Cheap Tapo cams for skunk/cat monitoring)
My mechanical chimes (there are 2, one in the basement) work much better, and that's without using the power kit.
I was disappointed that the settings are dumbed-down, even more so than my old one, which at least had a web interface.
Pretty silly that it has user account settings, but they're pretty much useless.

So overall, I have some complaints, but I'm happy.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great thread! Thanks to all who participated.
I'm late to the party, but just replaced my Nelly's DB1 with the EZViz DB1C. So far, great!
Well, I may have been too hasty singing its praises. 3 times in the last few days it has dropped off of Blue Iris. My network monitor didn't alert, as it still responds to pings, but a port scan shows no open ports, whereas a port scan when it's connected to Blue Iris shows RTSP port open. Forcing a re-connect via the Unifi controller brings it back.
Weird.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm....my DB1C has been running fine for the last week, but the camera stream has just dropped offline. I can still ping it, but there's no RTSP stream and the Ezviz app says that it's offline. A power cycle of the transformer didn't help. The blue LED around the doorbell is still lit, and the doorbell still rings, but there's no video.
There have been no changes to the setup since it was last working (about 3 hours ago).
Has anyone else had this issue?