Replacement Camera Setup

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to setup a replacement IPC-HDW5231RP-Z that recently went offline.I order an IPC-T5442-ZE from Andy and not able to connect to the camera.The error code on my camera monitor attached to dvr reads,"10.1.1.65 conf.LoginErrorNo-18"
I am using Internet Explorer to access the Dahua Web Service.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try initializing the camera (set user/password again) by using the Dahua config tool, have the tool search for the cam (should be 192.168.1.108).
If no joy, perform a hard reset of the cam and try again.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you enter the NVR password in screenshot 2?
Looks like it shows up as an initialized camera....or the thing auto initialized/ was assigned a dhcp address when it got plugged in....but you still need to select the cam select ADD and enter the admin password inthe 2ns scrn shot..

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Or click on Modify in the lower portion of screnshot 1 and add the password.....
and possibly reboot the NVR after a minute if it doesnt respond...or close the GUI and login again....and it should go active.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try initializing the camera (set user/password again) by using the Dahua config tool, have the tool search for the cam (should be 192.168.1.108).
If no joy, perform a hard reset of the cam and try again.
Trying the Config Tool,it looks like it only sees the NVR.I'm not sure where to go from there?

Attachments

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe he is plugging into an NVR - which is at 192.168.1.108 in he screenshot...
Correct,I am on my LAN via Verizon router with added Linksys ethernet hub.I added a screenshot from thr NVR's gui.

Attachments

Last edited:

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you enter the NVR password in screenshot 2?
Looks like it shows up as an initialized camera....or the thing auto initialized/ was assigned a dhcp address when it got plugged in....but you still need to select the cam select ADD and enter the admin password inthe 2ns scrn shot..
I did enter the NVR password,pressed connect,then no response.Then pressed OK.Received the message "Successfully Operated".No changes after that.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks fine in screenshot 1 except for a password issue.

The first time a dahau camera is plugged into a dahua NVR PoE port, it will automagically adopt the NVR password and be assigned an IP in the 10.1.1.x range (based on the port its connected to)

Perhaps this camera had previously been plugged into another NVR?

The Edit box in screenshot 2 is used to tell the NVR what the camera password is if its different than that of the NVR. I suspect it is (Note this box doesnt change anything, it simply tells the NVR what the camera password is if different from the NVR)

I'd delete it from the list and immediately do a hard reset using the reset button while connected, then wait for the NVR to move it to the bottom pane (dont manually add it). Use the Refresh button only.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Or click on Modify in the lower portion of screnshot 1 and add the password.....
and possibly reboot the NVR after a minute if it doesnt respond...or close the GUI and login again....and it should go active.
I tried this and nothing changed.The default gateway I changed to the sam as a working camera reverted back to where it was to begin with.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks fine in screenshot 1 except for a password issue.

The first time a dahau camera is plugged into a dahua NVR PoE port, it will automagically adopt the NVR password and be assigned an IP in the 10.1.1.x range (based on the port its connected to)

Perhaps this camera had previously been plugged into another NVR?

The Edit box in screenshot 2 is used to tell the NVR what the camera password is if its different than that of the NVR. I suspect it is (Note this box doesnt change anything, it simply tells the NVR what the camera password is if different from the NVR)

I'd delete it from the list and immediately do a hard reset using the reset button while connected, then wait for the NVR to move it to the bottom pane (dont manually add it). Use the Refresh button only.
Okay deleted it from the web service gui then reset the camera reset button,waited 5 min.and it didn't appear.Pressed refresh and its back on the bottom pane with the red x under status.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok that doesnt make sense... hmmm

Im running FW- V4.002.0000000.3.R, Build Date: 2022-03-22
Yours is much older from 2016
Mine does have an E at the end though - NVR5216-16P-4KS2E

Can you try changing the password in the edit popup box to that of the NVR? It should have adopted it but maybe something with newer cameras and older FW..?

Also anything in the logs?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also odd, in the popup Edit box, you should see TCP port as 37777

CameraCreds-Edit.jpg

*PS- get in a habit of hiding your serial numbers

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok that doesnt make sense... hmmm

Im running FW- V4.002.0000000.3.R, Build Date: 2022-03-22
Yours is much older from 2016
Mine does have an E at the end though - NVR5216-16P-4KS2E

Can you try changing the password in the edit popup box to that of the NVR? It should have adopted it but maybe something with newer cameras and older FW..?

Also anything in the logs?
My "Modify IP"looks like cam2.png.When I try to change the to change the User/Password to that of the NVR,it sends a default gateway fault(web1.png)
I have logs from Sept 5 thru today attached.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok that shouldnt matter,. mine is same and my router isnt even 192.168.1.1

Did you try and change TCP port to 37777 on that popup edit box?

Can you check and be sure you dont have P2P enabled?

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok that shouldnt matter,. mine is same and my router isnt even 192.168.1.1

Did you try and change TCP port to 37777 on that popup edit box?

Can you check and be sure you dont have P2P enabled?
It looks like I'm already on Port 37777 on the top half(cam1.PNG)Do you mean to change the lower half port from 1 to 37777?
P2P was enabled,I have it disabled now.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And I might have missed something. In your pic where you can edit the popup, that’s from the bottom pane using the pencil/edit icon right?

The top pane (Modify IP) is just discovery, you can’t/shouldn’t edit anything there

Last edited: