Replacement Camera Setup

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have rebooted nvr.
cam2.PNG is from the bottom half using the pencil button
cam1a.PNG is using the top half,problem camera checked and "modify IP"button pushed.
You mentioned,"The top pane (Modify IP) is just discovery, you can’t/shouldn’t edit anything there".I have compared the working cams IP's with the none working camera.What I see is the default gateway being different on the problem cam.Problem cam uses 192.168.1.1,the others are using 10.1.1.1
On a side note,I have noticed the nvr sending a beep tones upon a reboot.1 short beep followed by 3 long beeps.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Stumped because the hard reset should have solved things,

Definitely older 2016 FW, but I have a couple of 4208's with that gen3 2017 FW and two things I see different

1- Once the camera is auto moved to the bottom pane, it disappears from the top.
2- On using the Pencil edit icon, I see TCP port of 37777

It can be confusing because of the naming conventions they use, but TCP PORT should be 37777 this is the comm port between the camera and the NVR and should not change unless manually changed on the NVR.

V3-NVR-EditCamCredentials.jpg
V3-NVR-NetworkPorts.jpg

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Usually a port 37777 means the camera is connected remotely rather than a POE port on the NVR?right? once " succesfully operated" it usually moves to the bottom and say Port1-8 rather than 37777

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Usually a port 37777 means the camera is connected remotely rather than a POE port on the NVR?right? once " succesfully operated" it usually moves to the bottom and say Port1-8 rather than 37777
Yes as shown in the bottom pane window. But if you click on the pencil icon for the one you have connected to the PoE port, 10.1.1.67, you’ll see in the dialog popup it shows TCP port 37777

Its confusing because of Dahuas naming convention. The plain “port” refers to the PoE port on a cam connected via NVR PoE . Whereas “TCP PORT” refers to the comm port.

Last edited:

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could this be a problem?The other 3 working cameras have Default Gateway 10.1.1.1.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try using the Pencil/Edit button on bottom pane, to set the TCP PORT to 37777 as shown below?

V3-NVR-EditCamCredentials.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Huh, obviously something different in how the older FW handles the network settings, Or something else has changed. Sorry, I’ve yet to have one that didn’t work itself out when doing the hard physical reset on the camera. (Trap door physical reset button while powered up)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last thing I know to do is disconnect it. Delete any leftover entries top and bottom, plug back in and do the physical hard reset . Often when it moves to bottom by itself it will show red initially, but give it a few minutes and hit refresh and it turns green.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Huh, obviously something different in how the older FW handles the network settings, Or something else has changed. Sorry, I’ve yet to have one that didn’t work itself out when doing the hard physical reset on the camera. (Trap door physical reset button while powered up)
I'm using a different IE broswer via Edge.I was previously using a workaround IE.vbs script someone had mentioned here.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shouldn’t matter for this…. But with 2016 FW who knows …
Looks like the bottom half TCP Port changed from 37777 back to 1,althought the upper half says the port is 37777.
On the nvr gui the top half reads port 1.I clicked on add and it sent another camera with port 37777.
Still not seeing the camera image.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont worry about the difference in port from top pane vs bottom pane, they are two different things. . And dont manually add a camera plugged into the PoE ports. Let it move down by itself.

Hard physical reset is the next step

Last edited:

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dont worry about the difference in port from top pane vs bottom pane, they eman two different things. . And dont manually add a camera plugged into the PoE ports. Let it move down by itself.

Hard physical reset is the next step
Sounds good,can you walk me thru the reset?Is that a reset on the nvr board?