Replacement Camera Setup

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No, the reset button on the camera itself. I thought you had already done that?

Open this little trap door, you'll see the small reset button...

1_0_01_04_40600_313470566_crop_thumb.png

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, the reset button on the camera itself. I thought you had already done that?

Open this little trap door, you'll see the small reset button...

View attachment 173212
I did that a few steps back,"Last thing I know to do is disconnect it. Delete any leftover entries top and bottom, plug back in and do the physical hard reset . Often when it moves to bottom by itself it will show red initially, but give it a few minutes and hit refresh and it turns green. "

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should have no reason to use the "Modify IP" box. It wont fix anything,

The bottom box with he pencil, make sure you give it the NVR password after reset and assuming it shows red in bottom panel once reconnected. I just did it on two cams.

Refresh should be the only other button you touch

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should have no reason to use the "Modify IP" box. It wont fix anything,

The bottom box with he pencil, make sure you give it the NVR password after reset and assuming it shows red in bottom panel once reconnected. I just did it on two cams.

Refresh should be the only other button you touch
Okay,I appreciate all your help.I'll try to reset it a few more times and might look into a newer nvr.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
We should see if your NVR can accept updated FW.

It really acts like a password issue. By defaulting (hard reset) the camera, it and the NVR will sort out the networking and its not as intuitive as it would seem. Most of my cameras gateways do not reflect the internal PoE switch (10.1.1.1) Most show 192.168.1.1 as they default to that. They dont need the correct gateway anyway as the NVR handles that for them once plugged into the PoE ports.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We should see if your NVR can accept updated FW.

It really acts like a password issue. By defaulting (hard reset) the camera, it and the NVR will sort out the networking and its not as intuitive as it would seem. Most of my cameras gateways do not reflect the internal PoE switch (10.1.1.1) Most show 192.168.1.1 as they default to that. They dont need the correct gateway anyway as the NVR handles that for them once plugged into the PoE ports.
I'm game.I'd also like to get it off of 192.168.1.108 like Flintstone61 recommended.
My original camera started acting up maybe 6 months ago.It would go offline from time to time with a failure to find the host message.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And yes change the NVR to another ip. Try 192.168.1.200

It’s easy to change. Use the web GUI Go to networking and click on the pencil icon and change only the IP. Hit save and it may boot you out. Then log back in using that new IP

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried plugging it into a different port? Try using port 16
I'm trying that now and it looks like the new camera is still not coning online.I tried the using the default password and the one I use on the nvr gui.Went to the lower pencil pressed "connect" then "OK".Amessage poppes like always,'Successfully Operated!"

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And yes change the NVR to another ip. Try 192.168.1.200

It’s easy to change. Use the web GUI Go to networking and click on the pencil icon and change only the IP. Hit save and it may boot you out. Then log back in using that new IP
This worked perfectly,now using 192.168.1.200

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The lower pane edit (pencil icon) popup box simply allows you to tell the NVR what the camera password is. It does not change anything anywhere.

A hard physical reset (tiny black button under the trap door) should wipe the camera credentials clean, and adopt the NVR password. At worst, you would need to use the edit/pencil box to enter the password of the NVR which after a hard reset the camera should accept.

Hit Refresh after you edit the popup box. Give it a minute or two.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The lower pane edit (pencil icon) popup box simply allows you to tell the NVR what the camera password is. It does not change anything anywhere.

A hard physical reset (tiny black button under the trap door) should wipe the camera credentials clean, and adopt the NVR password. At worst, you would need to use the edit/pencil box to enter the password of the NVR which after a hard reset the camera should accept.

Hit Refresh after you edit the popup box. Give it a minute or two.
I'm just thinking.The cameras default user/ password would b e admin/admin?However admin/admin doesn't work on the nvr login gui anymore for whatever reason.I made a new admin password and use it now.This is why I usually change it using the lower pane edit (pencil icon) popup box.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
When you hard reset the camera, it reverts back to an uninitiated state. It has no password until you give it one.

When you plug a brand new camera, or one that has been hard reset, into an NVR, it will assume the same password as that of the NVR

Editing the pencil icon popup box doesnt CHANGE anything,. It simply tells the NVR what password the camera is set to so they can communicate. In your case the only password that will work is the one the NVR is using to login to it.....assuming youve opened the camera trap door and given it a hard reset (hold button down for 30 seconds) while connected

SOunds liie your problem may be that youve created a new password for the NVR but the "Admin" password is different and you dont know what that is?

What do you use to login to the NVR?
Do you use "admin" as the username?

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you hard reset the camera, it reverts back to an uninitiated state. It has no password until you give it one.

When you plug a brand new camera, or one that has been hard reset, into an NVR, it will assume the same password as that of the NVR

Editing the pencil icon popup box doesnt CHANGE anything,. It simply tells the NVR what password the camera is set to so they can communicate. In your case the only password that will work is the one the NVR is using to login to it.....assuming youve opened the camera trap door and given it a hard reset (hold button down for 30 seconds) while connected

SOunds liie your problem may be that youve created a new password for the NVR but the "Admin" password is different and you dont know what that is?

What do you use to login to the NVR?
Do you use "admin" as the username?
I use nvrnvr239(user) nvrnvr23(password)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK but the "admin" password still exists and that is what the NVR is passing along to the camera

If you dont know what that is, you'll need to do a full factory reset of the NVR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, keep it simple. Simply go with the admin username and DO NOT change the admin password after you set it up.

Many times the admin password gets lost internally between the username list and the ONVIF manager list.

For some reason these devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords), then the cameras cannot be "seen".

So probably what is happening is your nvrnvr239 username doesn't have ONVIF privileges and is shutting the whole process down.

Factory reset and start over.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK but the "admin" password still exists and that is what the NVR is passing along to the camera

If you dont know what that is, you'll need to do a full factory reset of the NVR
Just my luck.Okay,I'll do the Factory reset and start over. Will I need to hard rest the my cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just my luck.Okay,I'll do the Factory reset and start over. Will I need to hard rest the my cameras?
I would hard reset everything because who knows what username that camera may have coded now.

Reset all and plug one camera in and do not plug the next in until you have the first one on the screen.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would hard reset everything because who knows what username that camera may have coded now.

Reset all and plug one camera in and do not plug the next in until you have the first one on the screen.
Whats the process to Factory reset?