Push Notifications for Certain Zones, Emails for Others

KPAfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

First time posting, and a rookie BI user. My goal here is to get my notifications dialed in, but I have been trying quite a few things and I haven't had any luck, so here I am! My goal is to have any motion in Zone A (My front yard) alert and send a push notification to my phone, and any motion in Zone B (The sidewalk and the street in front of my house) alert and send an email, but not trigger a push notification at all. If there is motion in both, or say something that crosses from A to B or vice versa, I would like to get the push notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated! For reference, I am using Deepstack AI and a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Camera for this. Also, I apologize for my crude zone drawing LOL. I should probably say, with this setup as shown, I am getting push notifications for motion in Zone A and B, and I believe I am correctly getting emails for Zone B

Thank you for all of your help in advance, and please let me know if there is more info I need to include.

Attachments

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all,

First time posting, and a rookie BI user. My goal here is to get my notifications dialed in, but I have been trying quite a few things and I haven't had any luck, so here I am! My goal is to have any motion in Zone A (My front yard) alert and send a push notification to my phone, and any motion in Zone B (The sidewalk and the street in front of my house) alert and send an email, but not trigger a push notification at all. If there is motion in both, or say something that crosses from A to B or vice versa, I would like to get the push notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated! For reference, I am using Deepstack AI and a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL Camera for this. Also, I apologize for my crude zone drawing LOL. I should probably say, with this setup as shown, I am getting push notifications for motion in Zone A and B, and I believe I am correctly getting emails for Zone B

Thank you for all of your help in advance, and please let me know if there is more info I need to include.
I've always had trouble getting AI to correctly trigger and do different things based on zones. For example, I wanted the camera to trigger recording of the mainstream whenever it saw a person or vehicle anywhere in the camera view, but only send an alert when a person is detected in a zone limited to our walkway or driveway.

In order to do this, I cloned the camera. In the master, I triggered recording when AI detected something anywhere on screen. In the cloned camera, I setup a zone and only if a person was detected there, send an alert.

You could do something similar but have one camera send the push notification for one zone and the cloned camera send an email for a different zone.

Last edited: