Need help to install my camera

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, it does not. Unless you are willing to run openvpn on a pi or an always on computer, or buy a new router with VPN capabilities built in, the vpn option will not work for you.
Since I don't speak english well, sometimes it's not easy for me to understand some of the things I read here. What do you mean by run openvpn on pi? What pi means? And also always on computer? Sorry again your answers help me a lot. Thank you for spending your time.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It takes about 20 minutes to get zerotier up and running, with absolutely no cost to you. Why not try it? If you don't like it, delete it go for something else. Nothing lost.
Can I install it on my other PC with different network?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Meaning if it isn't on the router, then you need it on a computer that is on 24/7 and never gets turned off or hibernates.

Pi is a Raspberry Pi - a little computer for lack of a better term. Look it up if you don't know, but you would need to learn some basic programming.

If you install ZeroTier on a computer on the same network as your cameras, then you would install ZeroTier on any device you would take off of that network. But it has to be on the camera network first for it to work.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys, I think I need to upgrade my camera. Some of the functions don't work. Can you please give me a link to my latest upgrade for my camera? It's dh-sd59225u-hni.

in the web on my PC when I start to record nothing happens. Also this cam have audio and when I click it nothing happens as well. Also tried it on the phone can't hear nothing.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no need to upgrade firmware for that.

u need to plug in a mic to record audio and plug in a speaker play some sound.

if u didnt plug in a mic and speaker, you will record nothing and hear nothing.

it also record to sd card, did u insert a sd card into the camera?

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no need to upgrade firmware for that.

u need to plug in a mic to record audio and plug in a speaker play some sound.

if u didnt plug in a mic and speaker, you will record nothing and hear nothing.

it also record to sd card, did u insert a sd card into the camera?
I think the camera have microphone. Maybe something's wrong with the settings but they are default settings. How to go to SD card path? Is there a way to access it to view current recordings?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the camera SD59225U-HNI have no built in microphone!!
you will need to plug in a mic to one of the connectors at the end of the pigtail.

remove the back cover to access the sd card slot.
Once you have sd card plug in, access it via camera's webpage.

else Download blueiris, you can trial for 14 days. it can record to your pc.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the camera SD59225U-HNI have no built in microphone!!
you will need to plug in a mic to one of the connectors at the end of the pigtail.

remove the back cover to access the sd card slot.
Once you have sd card plug in, access it via camera's webpage.

else Download blueiris, you can trial for 14 days. it can record to your pc.
I saw it in the menu it says audio detection but now I understand. Is there a way to see if I have SD card? Or just to see where the videos go when I record something.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
just log in to your camera webpage ,

go to playback tab and see if there's any video waitiing for u to play.

or go setting tab, storage -> destination , local tab. if no sd card it will say no sd card when u click local.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just log in to your camera webpage ,

go to playback tab and see if there's any video waitiing for u to play.

or go setting tab, storage -> destination , local tab. if no sd card it will say no sd card when u click local.
Is a way to unmount the SD card through the web version of the cam? I saw there's a SD card but I clicked Hot Swap or something else and now it's empty.

I just installed ZeroTier. I need to create a network. Any help please?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It just didn't work never mind. When I go to Storage and then destination - Local it says - Disk 1. Sometimes it didn't show it Size - 121912.12MB Do you think that's the SD card or my hard drive?

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last question please answer me. My IP4 changed and now I can only access my camera through the app. The IP is not opening again on my PC.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No more access to the camera even on the app. The IPv4 is changed I don't know why maybe the VPN did that I'm not sure. I know I can reset the camera back to default on the IP page throught my PC but I can't access it.. This time I know the user and password but... If you can help me I would be glad to hear that if not thank you all for all the help and time! You are great.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
if u want easy.. then enable p2p ..

if u want security .. then u need to do the hard work and read the manual... every setup is different..

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if u want easy.. then enable p2p ..

if u want security .. then u need to do the hard work and read the manual... every setup is different..
Thanks. First I think I need to reset it because the IP somehow changed. The app is not opening everytime. The web IP is not opening. I know the username and password but is there a way to reset it through my browser or with app? How can I enable p2p? I want to access it on other network.

mmip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does it matter if my IP address is dynamic or static? My IPv4 changed from .101 to .104. and then .102? If there's no other choice I will need to reset the camera and then use the details you gave me here to do the same thing to install the camera. But if my IP is dynamic wouldn't that be a problem? Maybe after days I'm not going to be able to log in from the PC again as right now.