Motion detection notification by NVR

febeks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have NVR DS-7616NI-E2 / 8P and 2 IP PTZ cameras connected. When I go to Event-Basic Event-Motion tab, there is Channel No. where I have Camera 1 and Camera 2. I have exactly same settings for motion detection for both cameras, meaning that motion detection is enabled + dynamic analysis also, sensitivity is the same, area for motion is same, arming schedule is same and linkage method is important here because:

When I check Notify surveillance center for camera 1, I do get notifications on my hik-connect app on my phone instantly. When I check notify ... for camera 2, I get nothing. I checked NVR and it records when there is motion for both cameras so to motion detection works on both cameras but I dont get notification from camera 2. What can be wrong? There is also a few other settings like trigger alarm output, trigger channel, etc but this has nothing to do with notifications, right? I tried to turn off notify... for camera 1 and see if it works for camera 2 only but it doesnt. I spent nearly 2 hours dealing with that problem but I didnt find a solution.

Update:

I have setup email notifications for the NVR and it works for both cameras without problem. So really dont know whats the problem with the surveillance center notifications.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion:
Check / compare the Linkage Method on the cameras web GUI directly (presumably via Virtual Host).
Check / compare the camera's network configuration, especially the default gateway.

febeks

n3wb
Reaction score
Suggestion:
Check / compare the Linkage Method on the cameras web GUI directly (presumably via Virtual Host).
Check / compare the camera's network configuration, especially the default gateway.
The Linkage method on both cameras is the same.
The network config is the same and they both dont have anything as defauly gateway. The IP is assigned by the NVR, virtual host is enabled.

Any other ideas??