LTS Brand - LTN8708-P8 NVR help

BillyOccam

n3wb
Reaction score
I inherited 2 LTS brand (www.ltsecurityinc.com) 8 channel DVR units supposedly "professional" level as consumers cannot buy or get support from company unless you are a dealer. Cannot get password on DVR reset despite all attempts at using SADP software and contacting manufacturer. I did not buy from anyone so cannot reach the dealer.
I tried looking up videos that show resets from the PCB circuitboard and this unit has no reset button so I tried CMOS batter removal (power unplugged) and looked for potential places on board that others have successfully jumped using wire or conducting tweezers. No such luck on this board... At my wits end... I am attaching photo of MB and pdf of specs from the manufacturer. There are $$ so hesitant to get rid of them and there has got to be a way to clear bios memory and then restore using firmware update (available on their site as consumer) Sure would love some help here.

Attachments

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Problem is you have to send them to a dealer that will in turn send it in to get it reset. Just like bricked Hikvision NVRs.

Hikvision will not help you on LTS equipment even if you are a dealer of both.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
there has got to be a way to clear bios memory and then restore using firmware update (available on their site as consumer)
If these are Hikvision OEM models, the firmware update using the 'tftp updater' method will reset the device back to system defaults.

restore using firmware update (available on their site as consumer)
What's the filesize of that firmware?

There are several other ways to regain access to these devices.
As it's a PoE device, if you have, or can borrow, a Hikvision camera with firmware of 5.4.0 or earlier, the NVR password can usually be extracted through a 'trojan horse' method.

Also - there are usually useful facilities available via the bootloader menus, which can be accessed via the serial console connection, a 4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH plug on the board.