Loryta IPC-B5442E-Z4E 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR 8mm–32mm Motorized Lens Bullet

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's little or no IR reaching that plate. You're seeing what you are because the plate has little courtesy lights shining on it.

IR reflecting off of a plate will look like this:

View attachment 77200 View attachment 77201
yeah.. that is what i thought. so i'm missing the IR. i set it to manuall and set it to the max. what can be causing this. do i need to zoom in allthe way:?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are probably close to the range of the IR for that camera, but try the tweaks I suggested and see if that brings out the plate more as I think you have also washed out the plate with the settings you have so it is hard to tell if enough IR is hitting the plate.

Do you see 4 red dots when looking at the camera at night? If so, you know the IR is working.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are probably close to the range of the IR for that camera, but try the tweaks I suggested and see if that brings out the plate more as I think you have also washed out the plate with the settings you have so it is hard to tell if enough IR is hitting the plate.

Do you see 4 red dots when looking at the camera at night? If so, you know the IR is working.
yes i do see 4 red dot.. its working. i think i zoom in too close..

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How far are you shooting? More zoom would be better here. I use the same camera out to about 70 feet which would be about top end of its range for this purpose.

Edit: Oh I see you are at 40 feet. Your zoom seems like it should be closer. Here is the same camera out to 70 feet.

View attachment 77214

See how dark that image is? Its ink black except for the plate and the tail lights. As mentioned, your images appear too grey.

Here is a daytime shot this morning. Sun is hitting the camera now so the image is a bit washed out during this time of the day:

View attachment 77215

Give me a bit and I'll post my settings.
thank you waiting for your setting.. i'll make some adjustment again..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think you need to zoom in the max to make the plate as large as possible.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you need to zoom in the max to make the plate as large as possible.
even with a 40feet distance? that doesn't seem right. too close no?

Anyway. i'm having issues right now. becuase the sun is directly on the cam. is there any adjustment I need to make ? see how its all white.. it was clear yesterday but the sun dies down. right now its direct on it. is this normal?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You want the plate as large as possible, so zooming out will give you a bigger field of view and thus a smaller plate. Maybe terminology misunderstanding - but you want the plate as large as possible.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You want the plate as large as possible, so zooming out will give you a bigger field of view and thus a smaller plate. Maybe terminology misunderstanding - but you want the plate as large as possible.
so i should slide this all the way to the right to max it out and make my camera adjustment? but all the picture you guys posted the view is not zoomed all the way in. How come the license plate are soo clear. Is it becuse you guys are using a more advance camera..

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh mine is zoomed all the way in to the right - I am just at 175 feet compared to you at around 45 feet or so. Most of us are at the max of the camera capability zoom wise and selected the camera that was capable of reaching the distance we needed. You have a great camera and those posting here in your thread are not using one any more advanced cameras than yours, just one with more zoom.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok. for daytime i adjusted the iris and that resolve my whiteness. This zoom should be good enough right? please advise.. if i need to zoom in max.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What resolution is that? Looks funky.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ideally all you want is one car taking up almost the whole image - you could fit like 3 or 4 in that view.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are my settings. I'm at full zoom at 70 feet.
thank you for the configuration. i'll try to mess around with it tonight. I have a question about the Zoom. you set it to max and speed = 1 . What does the speed do? i set mine to 20..

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Speed doesn't matter. That is just how fast it will zoom in and out . But you will never change it.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok. i changed my zoom to max. and this is what i get now. does this look better? or do i need to go outside and move my camera facing more toward the right side?

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Why is it so blurry? Where you are taking that screenshot from? That doesn't look like a high resolution shot.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think he has a Z4 - 32mm less than 1/2 the zoom as ours...

What resolution are you running? That looks like a substream or maybe 2048, which isnt enough for a 4MP camera . Change it to 8192