Loryta IPC-B5442E-Z4E 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR 8mm–32mm Motorized Lens Bullet

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are the settings I am currently using. I started with the settings I posted in post #12 from @wittaj and you can see how I changed them. Every cam and view will be different. My other LPR cam settings are slightly different than these.
View attachment 77168
That was mighty nice of you guys to help him out.....I fooled aroud with a Jidetech oh it's a 2MP sorry... 20x zoom PtZ and could get plates at 1/2000 with IR off as we have a shit ton of lighting on Parking lot. but yeah vehicle was blanked out mostly. It was really inconsistent at catching all the vehicles. my lil ol 2mp analog Amcrest was triggering every car, coming or going. But it's a 2.8mm and really looking at a sidewalk entrance. It was never intended to pickup all those cars but it does. I really need 2 cameras at that location. I would have to have a second wider angle "Whole scene"cam to parallel that view to stitch together "proof" for a reportable incident. For now, I moved the Jidetech outback. in it's first week it has captured 2 incidents in the most remote corner of the lot. Last nite I got a plate. This is an iphone picture of a computer screen, obviously its clearer than this jpg. But we made a Sheriff's report. This "spot" has the highest number of stats for issues with stolen cars being dumped, thefts from vehicles, vehicle break in's. So I figured if she cannot catch movers that good, we'll put the old 2MP Jidetech out to pasture in back and let her catch the hotspot. It works fine for that.

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 - You are lucky to have enough light at night! I suspect that jidetech is playing with gain or something to allow that bright of an image unless that lot is REALLY lit up.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 - You are lucky to have enough light at night! I suspect that jidetech is playing with gain or something to allow that bright of an image unless that lot is REALLY lit up.
I'd have to double check. I rest everything to defaults last week and started over. I think it's set to outdoor, IR off. and yes the gain is probably up....but i think the WDR is off or changed to something else. I don't have the luxury( or energy) of sitting at work at nite and tweaking. I tweak in the day, and check the next morning. This is really god awful slow.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the cheaper cams will play with settings that you cannot adjust to help it look bright. I have a cheapo camera that I can set to 1/100,000 shutter and it still looks like daytime LOL and I do not have much light.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the night before. I had it on "overwatch" of the better part of the lot. So not much detail. but you can see a man in between the white and black cars. My residents car has a clutch issue and it's not driveable. he was out futzing around and forgot to lock the GD Door! again forgive the iphone cropped image. my BI PC is not on the Web.

Attachments

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think my angle is not so good. but its ok.. need to point it to the right side more to get a clearer picture right?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah more right would be good, but then you run the risk of the plate being too small. I think you are starting to stretch it now.

I think turn the gain down and up the difference between brightness and contrast to help it pop. I think you have too much gain and is washing out the plate.

I think the black should be blacker too - do you have HLC on?

What are your current settings?

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah more right would be good, but then you run the risk of the plate being too small. I think you are starting to stretch it now.

I think turn the gain down and up the difference between brightness and contrast to help it pop. I think you have too much gain and is washing out the plate.

I think the black should be blacker too - do you have HLC on?

What are your current settings?
I tried to adjust the contrast and brightness higher but same result.. This is another car that passed by. I think his license plate is not straight or something. If you look at the car that is parked , the license plate is very clean.

Here is my setting as of now..

Attachments

Reaction score
The angle of the parked car is better than the one coming down the road. Plus it is stationary and the other is moving. Front plates are the hardest to get as they are generally more dirty and are not illuminated.

What is the distance to those cars? You might be pushing the limit of the IR. It is possible that adding additional IR would help.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The angle of the parked car is better than the one coming down the road. Plus it is stationary and the other is moving. Front plates are the hardest to get as they are generally more dirty and are not illuminated.

What is the distance to those cars? You might be pushing the limit of the IR. It is possible that adding additional IR would help.
The distance between them are pretty close, i mounted this on my house and shoot it to the street. I would say 40 feet away. That should be good distance right?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your positioning looks awful, It's almost like you are perpendicular to the road. You want to be sub 30 degrees from the line of travel of the target vehicle where you can.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah.. i'll adjust it more to the right tommorrow morning and let you know.. thank you..

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think what i need is have my car parked at that curve so then i can do the adjustment.. becaues i'm doing the adjustment base on the parked car in the driveway which is not correct adjustment. becuase the call driving is like 15 feet from it. know what i mean?

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mean its not so bad. but it could be better. I think the angle is ok. I think its the focus not clear enough. please see the attached screen shot.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There's little or no IR reaching that plate. You're seeing what you are because the plate has little courtesy lights shining on it.

IR reflecting off of a plate will look like this:

HOA Entr_EntrTag_main_20201216005026_@3.jpg HOA Entr_EntrTag_main_20201210192634_@3.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You still have too much gain and getting that light trail. It is washing the plate out. Try 0-35 gain.

Your brightness is way too high. See @bigredfish example and mine below - that image is BLACK except for the plate. Yours is more of a gray. Do not have the contrast and brightness the same - adjust them differently to try to make the plate pop off the screen like this example.

Drop HLC down to 50 or lower - you are way too high for that angle. You may not even need it at that angle. I probably don't either but my image looked better with it on. But you have a newer sensor, so it might not need it.

You are not at max zoom yet - zoom in closer - zoom is your friend with LPR. And like I said, you are probably pushing the upper limit of this camera range anyway.

Here is my plate capture from 175 out. My angle is about 40 degrees vertical, 45 degrees horizontal. Camera is 35 feet above street at this location. A black image except for headlight and plate and no tail coming from the headlights.

1608390461393.png

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
How far are you shooting? More zoom would be better here. I use the same camera out to about 70 feet which would be about top end of its range for this purpose.

Edit: Oh I see you are at 40 feet. Your zoom seems like it should be closer. Here is the same camera out to 70 feet.

LPR Cam 2020-12-18 07.14.43.291 PM.jpg

See how dark that image is? Its ink black except for the plate and the tail lights. As mentioned, your images appear too grey.

Here is a daytime shot this morning. Sun is hitting the camera now so the image is a bit washed out during this time of the day:

LPR Cam 2020-12-19 09.53.53.551 AM.jpg

Give me a bit and I'll post my settings.

Last edited: