bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You won’t get a video clip via email, just a snapshot

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ooops the I get the question, how do I get video clips at an external storage on a trigger?
FTP?
I do not want he 24/7 recording on external storage

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I believe so. I haven’t tried but it should work

maybe not the best tutorial but will get you started
I got FTP running.
Now see how to configure the uploads.
When I enable FTP I see uploads a bunch of pics and clips STrange thing is I see it only from 1 camera although I think I have set the all the same

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@IPCamer

I tried to add more tripwires to get multiple snapshots but it looks like only one snapshot is sent even when someone crosse 3 wires.
Is it possible to get a snapshot for each wire? That would give a better chance for recognizing

Last edited:

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bertnl
That is a good question , never checked this behavior for the email function with snapshot. I expect that for every triggered tripwire, an email will be send (2 emails total per event: the trigger and End mail).
If a snapshot is or will be attached to an email could be depending on NVR setup or capability.
Can you check the snapshot interval time in the NVR :
encode_snapshot.JPG
What kind of settings are available in your setup for the used IVS camera?

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have it set up like this.
1630867963235.png
I also tried type scheduled like you have
I tried walking out of the door crossing 3 tripwires. then I waited a few second a walked back.

Still only one mail only from IVS3 not even ivs1 or 2
As far as I can see the other tripwires are set similar.
I now made them all teh same.
One important thing that I learned is that sending Email from the cameras must be set off!
I put it here bold also to remind myself;)

Last edited:

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bertnl

I have enabled the email functionality on one camera for some tripwire/intrusions and noticed that in some cases I also don't receive a start Email with a snapshot, only the End email.
Can the email function or AI function not keep up with all the triggered events?
To see if AI does delay or even not send the email , you could switch of "Target Filter":
target_IVS.JPG
Your intention to receive emails on any trigger with a recognizable snapshot is probably not feasible. Use the email as a trigger and use the NVR to get more details.

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bertnl

I have enabled the email functionality on one camera for some tripwire/intrusions and noticed that in some cases I also don't receive a start Email with a snapshot, only the End email.
Can the email function or AI function not keep up with all the triggered events?
To see if AI does delay or even not send the email , you could switch of "Target Filter":
View attachment 100976
Your intention to receive emails on any trigger with a recognizable snapshot is probably not feasible. Use the email as a trigger and use the NVR to get more details.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I switched of all filters now and will see what happens tomorrow.
My original target was to have small clips automatically stored on a cloud server on an event.
have some serverspace, where I could store about 100GB.
The reason. If a burglar sees the recorder and takes it away I have noting to identify.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After a few days testing without filters I do not see much change in the amount of images on the tripwires. Still about 1 picture on 3 tripwires wit ahout 3 meters between the tripwires.
I see some more false triggers because filtering is aff so filter seems to work for that.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@bertnl the firmware that @EMPIRETECANDY provided is for your camera.

I have the same firmware and receive photos with my IVS emails. It is best to make a record of all your camera settings and factory reset the camera before and after the firmware update. Then re enter your settings.

If you are looking for the latest firmware for your 4208 NVR, it is DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000005.1.R.210713 and is located here: Firmwares

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bertnl the firmware that @EMPIRETECANDY provided is for your camera.

I have the same firmware and receive photos with my IVS emails. It is best to make a record of all your camera settings and factory reset the camera before and after the firmware update. Then re enter your settings.

If you are looking for the latest firmware for your 4208 NVR, it is DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000005.1.R.210713 and is located here: Firmwares
OK must see when I can do such, just got every thing working a bit.
I still see many tripwire events beeing missed. The postman walking to my house is missed , I only see him walking aawy on the back, which is quite useless
Also I see myself walking home but the snapshot is about 3 meters after the tripwire.
This happened 3 times of 3 today:( Andt this make the snapshot so late that my face si notvisible
I could export settings i think , I hope import will work for the update
I see the NVR also needs updating ( i have V4.001.0000003.1, ) so again lost of settings that I finally got working and checked, so also hope export settings will work.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK must see when I can do such, just got every thing working a bit.
I still see many tripwire events beeing missed. The postman walking to my house is missed , I only see him walking aawy on the back, which is quite useless
Also I see myself walking home but the snapshot is about 3 meters after the tripwire.
This happened 3 times of 3 today:( Andt this make the snapshot so late that my face si notvisible
I could export settings i think , I hope import will work for the update
I see the NVR also needs updating ( i have V4.001.0000003.1, ) so again lost of settings that I finally got working and checked, so also hope export settings will work.
No, don't import saved settings. Start fresh.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:( going through all those tabs in the settings. I hope I am not missing one.
To bad that import does not work.A bad moment to maken big changes and find after that something won't work:S
I will be away for few weeks and do not want to leave wife with non working system;)
So I will continue this in a few weeks! Thanks all for the help sofar!!

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
I was to busy to try but now I hope to have some more time.
How do I update the firmware of teh NVR and the camera's?
Is that from the NVR web interface?
What happens after the update? CAn I still access the webinterface? Or need I be direct at at the NVR.
And how about the 4 identical cams?