IPC-T54IR-ZE-S zoom setting question.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is what worked for some Dahua cams.
Before updating firmware:
1-Reset the camera back to factory defaults, 3 times.
2-Update firmware.
3-Again reset the camera back to factory defaults, 3 times.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every new camera I get, I factory reset it 3 times before it touches my system even if not flashing firmware on it.

Clears out the gremlins and any crap setting if I ended up getting a return instead of new.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have not done that in the past. I've never had problems before, but I guess there is always a first time. Since I have never done the factory default, will I have to go back in and reset all my settings?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And I just noticed that the camera goes back to its default ip address. I'm doing it remotely, so I will now have to go to the onsite location.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And I just noticed that the camera goes back to its default ip address. I'm doing it remotely, so I will now have to go to the onsite location.
did you say that you updated firmware with the newer version (with illuminator adjustment)? If so from where?

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dumb question but does it really do something technically different if you do the reset 3 times vs 1? I mean is there a counter or something in the firmware that magically does something different on the 3rd time vs the first 2? Seems strange. Not arguing ... just learning.

Also does the 3rd reset default it back to that stupid hard-coded static IP 192.168.1.108 if i have dhcp enabled on the cam. I cant remember what happened the last time i did this but i have one i want to do it on.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dumb question but does it really do something technically different if you do the reset 3 times vs 1? I mean is there a counter or something in the firmware that magically does something different on the 3rd time vs the first 2? Seems strange. Not arguing ... just learning.

Also does the 3rd reset default it back to that stupid hard-coded static IP 192.168.1.108 if i have dhcp enabled on the cam. I cant remember what happened the last time i did this but i have one i want to do it on.
From our experiences, 3 times tends to get the gremlins out. We have seen people do one reset and then part of the options are missing or settings don't hold, or some other issue.

And then a member here that helps Dahua with firmware mods has seen "under the hood" wonky stuff in the firmware if not done 3 times.

But then we have some that just update without factory reset and are fine.

It is kinda like erasing a chalk board - one swipe erases but you still have something left over, but repeated attempts get you to a clean slate.

From my own personal experience, I have had more issues doing one factory reset.

Knock on wood, but 3 factory resets and my cams have been good to go.

Factory reset take it back to out of the box, so yes it returns to the default IP address - the one exception is it does not revert it back to the firmware it left the factory with - if it was ever updated it will factory reset to the most recent firmware put on it.

Reaction score
Yeah, a factory default, defaults everything back to the way it left the factory. How are you doing it remotely? You might not have to go back onsite. If you're doing it from the BI computer, you can add a second subnet on the NIC so you can still access the camera. How do you have it setup?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, a factory default, defaults everything back to the way it left the factory. How are you doing it remotely? You might not have to go back onsite. If you're doing it from the BI computer, you can add a second subnet on the NIC so you can still access the camera. How do you have it setup?
I did go onsite, but did find out, I could have done it at home. I just wasn't thinking. I tend to not think sometimes. :smash:

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And after doing a factory default 3 times, and then reinstalling the firmware, I then went in and tried the inspect in BI, and what do you know, it works perfectly. I have never in all the cameras I've worked with ever had an issue with not doing the factory default, but I think from now on, because all of the people of knowledge say it works best, that is what I'm going to do, whether there is an issue or not. Thanks to all of you for the words of wisdom.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And after doing a factory default 3 times, and then reinstalling the firmware, I then went in and tried the inspect in BI, and what do you know, it works perfectly. I have never in all the cameras I've worked with ever had an issue with not doing the factory default, but I think from now on, because all of the people of knowledge say it works best, that is what I'm going to do, whether there is an issue or not. Thanks to all of you for the words of wisdom.
Another satisfied customer LOL.

I have noticed in particular the new GUI (white versus the grey) really acts funky in BI until the factory resets. We have had so many people come here after getting a camera with the new GUI and after the 3 factory resets, it works in BI.

Reaction score
Another satisfied customer LOL.

I have noticed in particular the new GUI (white versus the grey) really acts funky in BI until the factory resets. We have had so many people come here after getting a camera with the new GUI and after the 3 factory resets, it works in BI.
I've also noticed a weird bug that only happens with cameras that have the new GUI. Assuming you're using sub streams, when you maximize the camera in blue iris, the video will pause for a second, quickly show a still image from a couple of hours ago, then revert to playing the live stream like its supposed to. At first I thought it was something with the 4K-T's but its also doing it on my 5442 S3 camera too.

Reaction score
did you say that you updated firmware with the newer version (with illuminator adjustment)? If so from where?
He got the firmware from EmpireTech Andy. The updated firmware has a feature that'll dim the IR when you walk up to the camera so it won't overexpose your face.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've also noticed a weird bug that only happens with cameras that have the new GUI. Assuming you're using sub streams, when you maximize the camera in blue iris, the video will pause for a second, quickly show a still image from a couple of hours ago, then revert to playing the live stream like its supposed to. At first I thought it was something with the 4K-T's but its also doing it on my 5442 S3 camera too.
Interesting - none of my new GUI experience that behavior.

Do your iframes match your FPS? Mine are 15 and 15 or 12 and 12 depending on camera.

Are you using hardware acceleration? I am not.

In BI, in the screen where you input username and password, down at the bottom is a receive buffer - change that to 40.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Do your iframes match your FPS? Mine are 15 and 15 or 12 and 12 depending on camera.

In BI, in the screen where you input username and password, down at the bottom is a receive buffer - change that to 40.
I have two new 5442's with new GUI and I do not see that behavior either. My receive buffer is 6MB.

Reaction score

Yup, FPS and iframes are both 15, I don't use hardware acceleration and I also have the receive buffer set to 40.

Reaction score
Strange. Are you recording cont+triggers?
No, I only record on motion. I also have a second BI installation that is doing the same thing. That BI version is from around May of this year. My BI version is the current latest stable version.