IPC-T54IR-ZE-S zoom setting question.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshot and post the pop up window that appears when you hit find/inspect. It may scroll to two pages. That sometimes can give us a clue as to what is going on.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Screenshot and post the pop up window that appears when you hit find/inspect. It may scroll to two pages. That sometimes can give us a clue as to what is going on.
ok, here.. .I tried two different T5442-TZE S3 cams, same data.
5442 dump.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't appear to have found the camera correctly.

Create an ONVIF user other than admin and see if that does it.

Keep it simple like Temp for user and password1 for password and see if it accepts it and then finds it in BI with a find/inspect.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It doesn't appear to have found the camera correctly.

Create an ONVIF user other than admin and see if that does it.

Keep it simple like Temp for user and password1 for password and see if it accepts it and then finds it in BI with a find/inspect.
ok, tried that.. added Onvif user, (I didn't change camera logins, just added an onvif user), used that new "Temp" login for USER/PW in the find inspect page...and find /inspect gave same data dump. No changes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Head scratcher. My 5442 S3 came in BI just like my previous ones.

Wanna try a factory reset and see if maybe something was corrupt in the firmware?

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Head scratcher. My 5442 S3 came in BI just like my previous ones.

Wanna try a factory reset and see if maybe something was corrupt in the firmware?
Nope! camera works great (after I input the profiles manually)... and I have two 5442 S3's that show this the same way... so messing with FW is not in my plans:) (they are direct from Andy, so I'll stay pat! ) Be nice to solve this for simplicity and since others saw same thing, but I can live w it! Thanks for trying tho...

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, that is exactly what's happened to my brand new S3's from Andy. Not too worried about the zoom part since I set it and forget it, but I don't like the part that the inspect doesn't find it properly. Maybe some of the wiz kids on here will come up with something sometime. They always do, and usually don't disappoint. ;)

Reaction score
Both of you guys tried turning off "Login Verification" under Network Settings --> Platform Access --> ONVIF?

Out of curiosity can you guys post your firmware version? If BI can't find/inspect the camera it also probably won't be able to receive AI alerts from the camera.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Both of you guys tried turning off "Login Verification" under Network Settings --> Platform Access --> ONVIF?

Out of curiosity can you guys post your firmware version? If BI can't find/inspect the camera it also probably won't be able to receive AI alerts from the camera.
Yep. I did.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Device Model IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3
SN 9F0E......3891B
Audio Input 1
ONVIF Version 22.06(V3.1.0.1349397)
System Version V3.100.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2023-05-09
Web Version V5.01.0.1431017
Algorithm Version V3.5.6.0
Security Baseline Version V2.3

Reaction score
I'm on System Version:3.100.0000000.6.R Build Date:2023-08-02

I'm on the Dahua branded firmware (for reasons unrelated to this). Under Camera-->image>illuminator do you have the option "Illumination Overexposure Remover"?

If not, you're on an older firmware and I would update just for the ability to have the overexposure remover option.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm on System Version:3.100.0000000.6.R Build Date:2023-08-02

I'm on the Dahua branded firmware (for reasons unrelated to this). Under Camera-->image>illuminator do you have the option "Illumination Overexposure Remover"?

If not, you're on an older firmware and I would update just for the ability to have the overexposure remover option.
Under image there is nothing like that, and under illuninator there is nothing like that either.
Where did you get the firmware for this camera?

Reaction score
I got mine directly from Dahua's website as I'm using their branded firmware. I suggest reaching out to Andy to get the latest firmware from him for that camera.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

well, I THOUGHT I had turned OFF the "Network Settings --> Platform Access --> ONVIF", but apparently not. Maybe I didn't hit "apply". I re did that, and now the find inspect on both 5442 S3 cams is populating the profiles correctly (and seeing the camera properly on the Onvif Find/inspect data dump. Good find! For me, now working correctly, and a good thing since I had not considered that the prior "fix" might impact the cameras trigger/alert functions. Well done! I hope this also works for "ingeborgdot"

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got mine directly from Dahua's website as I'm using their branded firmware. I suggest reaching out to Andy to get the latest firmware from him for that camera.
I'm also on same firmware as Ingeborgdot... System Version V3.100.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2023-05-09 The option to lower the IR for overexposure isn't something I need as those cams use external IR lights (avoiding spiders, bugs, rain, snow, etc)

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, it doesn't really work for me. Well, it works for one of the new cameras, but not for the other one. Nothing populates in the one after I go and turn it off in the camera GUI. Weird.