IPC-T54IR-ZE-S zoom setting question.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need to set my IPC-T54IR-ZE-S properly, but it won't zoom in or out for me to test and set it properly. Does anyone know what Video config it should take? Make? Model? And what PTZ setting I should use? I have tried a bunch, but non work. Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to do all focus and zoom of a varifocal within the camera GUI and not BI. The fact that some models can be adjusted in BI is a "bonus", but to ensure they hold it is best within the camera itself.

Most of us turn off that function in BI so that we don't accidentally change our setting for zoom and focus.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, understood. I turned it off, and am using the camera GUI, but I would still like to know what Make and model people use. For one of them, it won't give me a choice for Main and sub profiles. It just says default. If I want to use sub 2, I don't have that option anymore, unless I'm doing something wrong. Thanks again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us just type in IP address and username/password and hit the find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

All of my 5442 comes up as generic and the pull-down for main and sub are there.

But if they aren't then manually type them in:

• Main Stream: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
  • 1st Sub Stream: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
  • 2nd Sub Stream: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do that to, but for these 2 new ones, it doesn't like that. My 5442 just comes up, the new ones sputter and then go blank with only default as a choice but nothing fills in the blank like you have written. Thanks again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it the new GUI (white instead of grey)?

Can you manually add in the main and sub?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I manually entered it. It works, because when I check it on UI3, in properties, it shows substream 2.

Reaction score
Is that the S3 model? I had a similar issue with BI. I had turn off "login verification" located in Network Settings --> Platform Access --> ONVIF. Once disabled BI was able to pull all of the information from the camera.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is that the S3 model? I had a similar issue with BI. I had turn off "login verification" located in Network Settings --> Platform Access --> ONVIF. Once disabled BI was able to pull all of the information from the camera.
I thought I knew what you were talking about, but login verification located in network settings? Where do I find Network settings? I'll keep playing around, but I haven 't found it yet.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same experience with my 5442 s3. and no zoom... I used "dahua" as "make" in the Network IP Camera settings (Video: Configure) and "IPC-a35 RTSP" as "model", that gave me back both main and Sub, and the zoom function. The find/inspect option did not work for me, like yours.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried those settings just to test, but they didn't work for me. No big deal I guess, as I will use the zoom from the Camera GUI if I need to, but I guess new cameras sometimes don't work with the old BI settings. It is maybe a safety feature as someone noted??

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Typically if you set the PTZ setting in the camera setup page in BI, to Dahua NewV4.
The zoom will work.
You also must enter the username and password to the camera In BI, for find/inspect to work properly.

Reaction score
And if you changed the username and password after the initial configuration you need to confirm the ONVIF username and password also changed. If the ONVIF username and password is incorrect BI won't be able to pull any of the info from the camera.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OnVif user/pw is ok.
PTZ set correct, I think:ptz.png Camera user name and pw also correct: find inspect.png but as you can see, find/inspect gives blank profiles. Manually entering profiles: /cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}" and the substream (type=1 or 2) does allow zoom for me on the s3 version.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mean the ONVIF username and password in camera GUI. In the camera GUI go to System-->Account-->ONVIF User
yes, confirmed, the Onvif in the cameras web GUI, and changed to be sure, no effect on above. onvid gui.png

Reaction score
hmm I'm at a loss. What firmware version are you on? If its older my next step would be to get the latest firmware from Andy, update it and factory default. I can get BI to pull the data from S3 version but I have the fixed lens version.