IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.15OG004.0.R.201203

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should be available on the link on the first page.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
My opinion is if it does what you need it to out of the box, don't mess with it. If there's something you need that might be in the new firmware, try first to determine if the new firmware will fix it. I've got a few T5542TM-AS that I tried a bunch of firmware versions on and ended up using one that's really old now because it works the best for my needs, almost surely different from your needs.

SuperMiguel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My biggest issue atm are low light environments, ill try posting a pic in a few, maybe its just a configuration issue, but at night it looks like the IR doesnt do much

edit here is the image:
580F384F-93A8-4C4B-ACDA-41D4DB80253E.jpeg

Edit: not sure if this is the right place to ask that question, please direct me to right place if not

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My biggest issue atm are low light environments, ill try posting a pic in a few, maybe its just a configuration issue, but at night it looks like the IR doesnt do much

edit here is the image:
View attachment 93274

Edit: not sure if this is the right place to ask that question, please direct me to right place if not
You can't leave the cam at auto, that will not provide you with the best picture, especially at night.
You need to set the Shutter to manual, and set it to 1/60. then adjust the gain until you get a useable picture.
You are also looking at the wall on the left, which it affects the exposure. Use corridor mode, in the camera, and rotate the camera 180 degrees.

SuperMiguel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can't leave the cam at auto, that will not provide you with the best picture, especially at night.
You need to set the Shutter to manual, and set it to 1/60. then adjust the gain until you get a useable picture.
You are also looking at the wall on the left, which it affects the exposure. Use corridor mode, in the camera, and rotate the camera 180 degrees.
Awesome Thanks, so I have a Profile that says Default, Day, Night, should I make those changes to the Night Profile? When you say adjust gain are you referring to: Exposure Comp? Also where is the corridor mode option?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome Thanks, so I have a Profile that says Default, Day, Night, should I make those changes to the Night Profile? When you say adjust gain are you referring to: Exposure Comp? Also where is the corridor mode option?
No I'm referring to gain, exposure comp is something entirely different. You need to take time and look through all the settings and those menus and learn where they are and how they operate. And I misspoke physically rotate your camera 90°, not 180°.
Use the night profile for night and day for the day profile. Once you set the shutter to manual and (not shutter priority), you will see the gain box. Default for gain is 50 you can raise that up to usually 70 without causing too much noise. But don't raise it any higher than you actually need it.

SuperMiguel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did that but the image got darker (is there a way to know which profile my camera is using?, like is it using day? night? default? ) I will rotate it tomorrow morning (not sure if that is a requirement for the image to improve)

1624500037861.png

1624500101709.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Can refer to @MikeLud1 's setting.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm... i have a little problem. Some of my cameras does not switch from day to night profile... and it seems impossible to change the sensitivity when using "DAY/NIGHT" in profile management. There seems too much light...
Once I switched manually from day to night profile and back, the camera seems to understand and switch back to night profile automatically until next morning. Last night i was stuck in day profile with B/W mode because it seems also impossible to change to force color in day profile?? Its hard to get a "perfect" picture setting for night/day when i cannot change the sensitivity .. i would prefer a high sensitivity to change... Not sure if this was also a problem on the old firmware... according to this thread there where many changes to the smart IR settings... so maybe it a new problem ?

Only solution seems to set a scheduled profile management but when change to winter this could be a problem.... :-/

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is why most of us use this little tool because even in 2021, Dahua still hasn't figured out how to switch between day and night properly:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj
thanks for your reply

yeah i know this exists, but in my opinion it is even worser now? because of all this smart-ir bugs i updated the firmware so much that i dont even know whats the firmware was before. have to try it tomorrow night :/ ... but smart ir works now fine :D

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is why most of us use this little tool because even in 2021, Dahua still hasn't figured out how to switch between day and night properly:

so I've tried to deploy this for my IPC-T5442T-ZE, but its not working. got the service configured, it gets a legit sunrise/sunset time for my lat/long, configured the camera and I'm getting this in the logfile... this is from a manual 'sunrise'...

8/20/2021 11:22:38 AM DahuaSunriseSunset 1.6.0.0 Service Manager Startup​
8/20/2021 11:22:43 AM TriggerSunriseActions​
8/20/2021 11:22:46 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
8/20/2021 11:22:50 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
8/20/2021 11:22:59 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
8/20/2021 11:23:13 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
8/20/2021 11:23:31 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
8/20/2021 11:23:55 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
8/20/2021 11:24:24 AM Exception thrown attempting web request (): The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.​
.......​

interestingly, my /other/ "Dahua" is an amcrest IP8M-T2599EW, and it seems to be doing auto day/night just fine without needing this..

ooooh, port should be the WEB port, not the rtsp thing. hah, whooops, works now with port 80.

shred86

n3wb
Reaction score
It appears the link no longer works from the word doc on the first page to download the latest firmware. Is there an updated link? Thanks!

Edit: Found it, it's in this thread for the IPC-T5442TM-AS. Got confused because this post is pinned and titled "... latest new firmware...".

Last edited: