HIKVISON ds-2cd2132-i unreachable in browser or SADP tool

vaguhs

n3wb
Reaction score
HIKVISON ds-2cd2135F-iS unreachable in browser or SADP tool

Good day Friends,
I have a ds-2cd2135F-iS (the 2015 version ) that i reset using the hardware button inside.
After the reset the camera is unreachable in the browser or in the SAPD tool.
I have set my router to router 192.0.0.1/24
My Pc IP is 192.0.0.26
I can ping the camera from the command line 192.0.0.64 and it responds to the ping.

This is the only way I know the camera is alive.
I can not find it in iVMS-4200 or SAPD.

When i do a portscan on the camera only 2 ports are open 25(smtp) and 1109(pop3)

What are my options ?

This is how i got to this poin! Read below
I was able to reach the camera earlier via the browser . It prompted me to change the password.
I was able to change the IP of the camera which I did.
I was able to connect the camera to my NVR and it was working , but it was working connected to the router and the network.
I wanted to connect it directly to the NVR PPPoE ports , and i did and it was not working , I could not find it on the NVR.
So I decided it is a settings problem if the camera is working as a network camera and not as a direct PPPoE connected camera.
Logged in the web config page of the camera and turned on the PPPoE on on the camera.
It prompted me to reboot it and I did.
After this moment the camera was lost. Could not find it on the NVR or the SADP or on the IP address i have set.
After a long time trying to find it I decided to reset it with the hardware button.
And this is how I got to the point where i can only ping it @ 192.0.0.64

My firewall is off , my antivirus is off.
Please help me !

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the camera back on the LAN, or still connected to an NVR PoE port?
Presumably you know that the NVR PoE ports use a different IP address range (192.168.1.254.x by default) and are by default not accessible from the LAN addresses that the NVR LAN port is connected to?

I'm reaching a bit - but it doesn't look to me like the device at 192.0.0.64 is a camera - I see no reason why it would respond to ports 25 and 110 like a mail server, and not show the normal Hikvision 554, 8000 and possibly 80 ports.
Having pinged 192.0.0.64, try checking the MAC address for it with an arp -a and see what manufacturer the first 3 bytes are assigned to.
Is there any way you have another device using 192.0.0.64 causing the camera Ethernet interface to shut down due to an IP address conflict?

If you are used to using and interpreting network captures - with your PC on an address such as 192.0.0.128 and connected to the same switch as the camera, and ideally no other devices to confuse the capture, see what you find when the camera is power cycled.
You should see an ARP broadcast from 192.0.0.64 for 192.0.0.128 and a UDP packet as a probe for the tftp server, thn some traffic from the final assigned IP address.

vaguhs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply alastairstevenson
Camera is back on the LAN , there is no other possible device that has a 192.0.0.64 address as I have only an NVR with stating IP , 2 cameras not HIKVISON ,with static IP's and a PC , I just have one HIKVISION camera. So it is not possible for any other device to have the HIKVISION IP.
When I connect the camera to the PC with a cable and set the PC address to 192.0.0.128 i tried using the TFTP tool to flash a fresh Firmware.
The TFTP connects to the camera and starts sending the Firmware (gets a Needs to Resend error), so this is a confirmation it is the camera.
Is there any other way I can reset the camera except the hardware reset button ?
And is there a place I can get the firmware for the camera , i tried flashing a downgrade ,( It did not go thru ) , tried getting a Chinese firmware , same error.

PS. keep in mind this is some brand new version of the camera the just came out ds-2cd2135F-iS

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, it sounds like you are confident that the responding device is a camera. The tftp updater confirms that. Most odd though that mail server (not client) ports seem to be listening. I've scanned quite a few cameras and have not seen that before.
Your expanded port list looks even more like there is a mail server at the target end.
Did you populate the PPPoe configuration with any valid settings?
VPN running on your business laptop?
Just for fun - with a telnet client - try 'telnet 192.0.0.64 25' and see what comes back.

However -
As far as I know, apart from helpful resellers, this is the only public listing of firmware for the 2135 camera (not the 2132 of the changed post title after #1), which is likely where you got the version you tested with:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_714.html

Did you check out the MAC address ownership of the 192.0.0.64 address?

vaguhs

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to telnet on port 25 , Connection Reset by Peer"
I used exactly the firmware you have posted.
Here is a screen shot of the arp -a and the TFTP client

The only thing as far as i remember that I have changed on the camera when the Web Interface was accessible was the . password , IP , and I turned on the PPoE On.

I'm not sure how to check the MAC address ownership.

Is there any other way I can reset it or access it.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to telnet on port 25 , Connection Reset by Peer"
That's indicative of an active response. A pity though, as it might have provided interesting info.

MAC ADDRESS Vendor Lookup C4:2F:90 Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co.,Ltd.
Well, from your ARP check, the MAC address associated is indeed Hikvision.
So much for my very-off-the-wall speculation!
But the ports you've found that are listening are very unusual and hard to explain, beats me.

From what I recall, and I have not done this myself, if you have the reset button, it needs to be pressed for 10s or more on power-up. Apologies and no insult intended if you already knew this.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the web GUI is not accessible - and lack of response on port 80 does suggest this - unlikely to work as it uses the same port - when your PC has the 192.0.0.128 IP address, does the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net see the camera?
It has a reasonable view of network settings, and potentially has a factory reset capability. As well as providing loads of useful info.

vaguhs

n3wb
Reaction score
ONVIF Device Manager does not see the camera.
I returned it .
Thank your for the help.
I'm gonna go with Ctronic , cheaper and easy to install

silvycam

n3wb
Reaction score
If the web GUI is not accessible - and lack of response on port 80 does suggest this - unlikely to work as it uses the same port - when your PC has the 192.0.0.128 IP address, does the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net see the camera?
It has a reasonable view of network settings, and potentially has a factory reset capability. As well as providing loads of useful info.
Hi,
I'm in the same condition.
suggestions for the solution?

silvycam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I did not believe it so much since it was a very old question.
The camera is the model DS-2CD2135F-IS firmware V5.3.3. It was fully functionally until I turned on the PPoE Option in the web interface. :(
Since I could no longer find the camera over the lan. So I decided to reset it and so It appeared at ip 192.0.0.64. The Mac address is 28:57:BE:32:C3:1C but only from ping command
and not using SADP tool. Only "port 22" is open and only when I plug out the cam from poe router for 10 second and immediately plug in. I used TFTP program with this firmware
DOWNLOAD PORTAL
but it he can not transfer it

I also tried to download this link
but not work the download button also from the original site.

The configuration of the lan is router 192.0.0.1 , ip cam 192.0.0.64 , PC 192.0.0.128 all firewall disactived

IP Scanner Port Scan Results for 192.0.0.64 (28:57:BE:32:C3:1C) on 2018-06-17, 12:06 +0200

22 (ssh)
scan complete

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
'just' for the hell of it, try using ports 81 85 etc, I have seen the change to the web port survive resets and all

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm away just now so can't give too much detail.
Doing the reset is a good move as it should remove the PPPoe configuration that is the root of the problem.
With that camera and that firmware version, it will likely be using hacked firmware that may block any update attempts.
But you don't need to update it if all that's been done is to reset to defaults.
I would have expected SADP to find out, I'm surprised it didn't.

silvycam

n3wb
Reaction score
'just' for the hell of it, try using ports 81 85 etc, I have seen the change to the web port survive resets and all
I'm sorry but I'm using ip scanner and it discover port 22 only on 65536 ports

Doing the reset is a good move as it should remove the PPPoe configuration that is the root of the problem
I agree. then I would like to review the procedure. I press the reset button with the camera off and then I put the rj45 connector back on, which also powers it and keeps it pressed for about 30 seconds. I tried it a couple of times but I do not see any changes

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. then I would like to review the procedure. I press the reset button with the camera off and then I put the rj45 connector back on, which also powers it and keeps it pressed for about 30 seconds.
That sounds OK.
And if the IP address is reset, it does suggest a reset to defaults has worked OK.
But why does SADP not see it?

If SSH is open - what is the response when an SSH client accesses the port?

silvycam

n3wb
Reaction score
when I try to use putty it work but none of these passwords work:
abc12345
123456789abc
12345678abcd
a12345
123456789a
1234567a
12345678abcd

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Try
root/hiklinux
hikvision/hikvision
root/ and there is a variation on 'dahua' that i can't immediately find.