Hikvision Product Comparison

John Wolf

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I missing something? I See stuff in the NVR tabs, but the camera tab of the spreadsheet is empty.

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes... the Tab has some filters set on - Remove the filters ... (the little green funnel things next to the heading).

Cameras are all there

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I restored to older version. Someone had emptied it.

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Restored another revision. Can the sheet be locked down to at least "logged in users" ? The anonymous edits were the culprits this time...

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried to find that kind of option but couldn't. If someone knows how this can be done, please tell here.

nosnoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried to find that kind of option but couldn't. If someone knows how this can be done, please tell here.
It is now empty again. You should not allow edit from anyone - it won't work.

After you restore to your intended version, click on the share button in top right corner, in the "Anyone with link 'can edit'", change the 'can edit' to 'can view'.
This way, people can view but cannot change your spreadsheet.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any plans to update this? ie DS-2CD2442FWD-IW.

Is there info anywhere that explains these codes? ie FWD IW. I presume they stand for something but what.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any plans to update this? ie DS-2CD2442FWD-IW.

Is there info anywhere that explains these codes? ie FWD IW. I presume they stand for something but what.
Hi please see the image attached.

Example

Using the Hikvision part code naming above, we can decode a Bullet camera with the following example.

DS-2CD2042WD-I

• Hikvision (DS-2)
  • Colour (C)
  • Digital (D)
  • Entry/2-Line (2)
  • Bullet (0)
  • 4 Megapixel (42)
  • WDR (WD)
  • Infrared IR (I)

Attachments

jacky

n3wb
Reaction score
Confused with Hikvision model numbers? And features included in specific cameras? Please have a look at this easy-to-read spreadsheet. It'll also give you the prices of cameras from three reputable sellers, it is safe to order from them. In this thread, you can also ask about differences of the models.

>> Hikvision Product Comparison - Google Sheets
(both cameras and NVRs now compared!)

Important thing to note:
If you purchase a Hikvision camera / NVR from Aliexpress, you should not upgrade the firmware. If you upgrade it, the user interface will be in Chinese only. Despite there are some solutions to this issue, it's better not to upgrade the firmware if you are unsure.
not all hikvision items from aliexpress are mult-language version( convert from chinese version,firmware cann't upgrade). now lots of english version which firmware upgradeable, like: bit.ly/2tYuaql

Confused with Hikvision model numbers? And features included in specific cameras? Please have a look at this easy-to-read spreadsheet. It'll also give you the prices of cameras from three reputable sellers, it is safe to order from them. In this thread, you can also ask about differences of the models.

>> Hikvision Product Comparison - Google Sheets
(both cameras and NVRs now compared!)

Important thing to note:
If you purchase a Hikvision camera / NVR from Aliexpress, you should not upgrade the firmware. If you upgrade it, the user interface will be in Chinese only. Despite there are some solutions to this issue, it's better not to upgrade the firmware if you are unsure.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you guys can produce a list of items you require I will happily be able to quote for EU spec'd Hikvision products.

Reaction score
sheet is half empty, looks pretty poor but im sure its an edit.. why arent hte permissions restricted? :eek:

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering ordering a HIKVISION HD Smart 4 Megapixel PoE Turret IP Outdoor Surveillance Camera, EXIR Night Vision, 2.8mm Lens, ASIN number B01EN3YBZ4 model number: DS-2CD2342WD-I 2.8MM for about $120.00

EDIT TO ADD: after research I'm considering the 4mm lens instead of the 2.8mm lens.

Anyone familiar with this camera and can tell me if it is worth getting and if not, why.

Thanks !

Gary

Last edited:

KenCT

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried making heads or tails out of this spreadsheet, but I'm guessing the sheet has been majorly compromised by bogus edits & deletions? Wouldn't it be worth locking the sheet to further edits other than a few trusted contributors (Alastair, etc)?

GKL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering ordering a HIKVISION HD Smart 4 Megapixel PoE Turret IP Outdoor Surveillance Camera, EXIR Night Vision, 2.8mm Lens, ASIN number B01EN3YBZ4 model number: DS-2CD2342WD-I 2.8MM for about $120.00

EDIT TO ADD: after research I'm considering the 4mm lens instead of the 2.8mm lens.

Anyone familiar with this camera and can tell me if it is worth getting and if not, why.

Thanks !

Gary
UPDATE: I did get the Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I with the 4mm lens for about $138 from Amazon. (US version) and I am very pleased so far considering the affordable price.