Hikvision NVR new firmware 3.2.1

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anybody used this 3.2.1 version with the model 7604NI-SE(P) (European/Western region version)?

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i updated my DS-7808-E2 and i was having issues, so i reset to defaults and now the NVR is in Chinese :-(

DONT RESET THE NVR TO DEFAULT IF YOU HAVE A PATCHED NVR

So anyone (that will not charge me for the info) have any idea how i patch the NVR's region back to English?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i updated my DS-7808-E2 and i was having issues, so i reset to defaults and now the NVR is in Chinese :-(
DONT RESET THE NVR TO DEFAULT IF YOU HAVE A PATCHED NVR
So anyone (that will not charge me for the info) have any idea how i patch the NVR's region back to English?
Yes. It's true since first firmware for this NVR!
After reset all chinese!
But when he was with the English language there are other problems, but when It became a Chinese - problem disappeared!

Last edited by a moderator:

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But when he was with the English language there are other problems, but when It became a Chinese - problem disappeared!
Just the region is still CH , i have the NVR back to English :) i get the same issue if the NVR is in English or Chinese on 3.2.1 all good on any version below............

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i updated my DS-7808-E2 and i was having issues,
But when he was with the English language there are other problems, but when It became a Chinese - problem disappeared
What issues / problems ?

What method was used to load the 3.2.1 firmware onto the NVR ?

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i used the firmware tools to change the region to 1 so i could upload the firmware :) i would get a resources error on the camera that was a different resolution on the monitor but not on the web interface.
my DS-2CD2032-I would not display on the web interface if the resolution was set to 2048*1536 but displayed OK on the mobile app and monitor. 3.0.10 & 3.0.8 have no issues.

i have 3 cameras with the region changed to EN/Muliti and one with the region CH (5.2.8 on the boxed) before i defaulted the NVR the EN region cameras connected using hikvision protocol and the CH one i had to use ONVIF protocal on 3.0.10 after i defaulted the NVR The CH camera will connect using Hikvison and en using ONVIF.

i have downgraded to 3.0.8 as it will let all camera connect using hikvision protocol, non of my cameras suppor any of the additional features so im not relay missing out :)

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
May of been better to use the method I used

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/nvr-s-dvr-s-and-computers/2202-flash-multilanguage-firmware-chinese-ds-7608n-e2-8p-ds-76-78-79-ex.html

Or maybe not, lol

Why 3.0.8 and not the later 3.0.10 ?
TBH i dont think it would make any difference as it worked utill i reset to default, i went back to 3.0.8 as it dose not check IPC? (the language of the camera) so both EN and CH region cameras will connect but when i upgrade to 3.0.10 only the cameras in the same region will connect using hikvision protocol

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
... My first priority is finding where / how to switch telnet on, and second is to ponder about 'upgrading' my 7608N-E2 8P, lol
Have you tried upgrading your 7608N-E2 8P NVR yet? I have same NVR and would like to know if this firmware would work and provide any benefits.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried upgrading your 7608N-E2 8P NVR yet?
No...

3.2.1 does look prettier and has extra support for 'smart' cams .. but if your collection of cameras is not of the smart kind then there seems to be not a lot of point.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do like the new interface, but not worth the hassle if that's the only advantage (unless you have smart cams). Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
I tested firmware 3.2.1 with my NVR DS-7616NI-SP. New interface and new features with "smart" camera (old "VCA" events) are very interesting. But I still noticed usual problems related to sub and main stream always loaded together from ivms 4200, so I was looking for a solution. I change mode to "cloud" (not present in 3.1.x firmware) and NVR asked to reboot. After reboot, it now can't boot anymore. It shows boot screen and after some time it answers pings, but it's inaccessible from browser, from ivms4200 and also from SADP. It automatically reboots after some seconds in a uninterruptable cycle. I know it shows boot information at console (RS232), but I can't find anyway to reach control on it. I also tried tftp rescue with no result (nvr doesn't try to connect to TFTP server @ 192.0.0.128). What can I do? Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's the 3.2.1 firmware that was mentioned at the start of this thread - that's for the 78xx series NVRs, this is different hardware from the 7616NI NVR.
I'm surprised that the NVR doesn't attempt a connection to your TFTP server at 192.0.0.128 if you can ping it at the normal IP address.
From the PC at 192.0.0.128, try a ping -t 192.0.0.64 while the NVR is cycling and see if it responds. That should be when the bootloader is active.
At that time - see if it responds to a telnet connection at 192.0.0.64
And what particular TFTP server are you using? I believe some Hikvision products only work with specific TFTP servers. There is some information and links on this forum somewhere - a search should help.
And you may need to power-cycle the NVR several times before it picks up the TFTP server.

*Edit* Try this one: http://hikvision.msk.ru/download/Fir...irmware_IP.zip

Reaction score
Yes alastairstevenson, it responds @ ping from 192.0.0.x to 192.0.0.64 for some time after power cycling. Now I'm looking for any correct TFTP server for 7616. I was using the same TFTP you posted...

Reaction score
But it doesn't respond to telnet, and so it's predictable, as 3.2.1 removed telnet, as I read before in this forum.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I read somewhere - not here - that telnet is active whilst the u-boot bootloader is running, while the device is testing for the TFTP server, but I can't confirm that.

Reaction score
I tried several times, till now. Also with cross over cable. No tftp test or connection. Only ping replies. I hope there is any way to recover it by serial connection. I can see booting information with putty.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How did you connect to the serial console connection?
Did you connect to a connector on the board, or is there a connector on the back panel?
If you can see booting information, you should be able to see any errors that are stopping the full bootup.

Reaction score
Yes, there is a rear connector RS232 DB9. i see "warning - bad CRC, using default environnement" after "U-Boot" and "/nand /devcfg.bin isn't exsiting! err = -13 " . There are lots of other lines during boot and some errors, but I can't see anyting I could understand. What can I look for? Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the area to look at is that where the Ethernet interface is set to 192.0.0.64 and the TFTP client is started to look for any firmware to download and install.