Hikvision NVR new firmware 3.2.1

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just 'upgraded' my 7804N-E1/4P on 3.0.10 to the new 3.2.1 thats available (Thanks to alastairstevenson for spotting it)

Used the header striping method and tftp it up as detailed a while ago on this fine forum

1st Impression .... WOW !!

2nd Impression... its fecking brilliant, more features than you could shake a stick at !!

3rd Impression.... the help file is the best I've ever seen in a Chinese product, but I cant find where to switch on telnet,
but hey ho it's early days, lol

All the new features are of course dependent on the connected cameras supporting them.

The thread by wzhick with the info & method of header stripping is at ..

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/nvr-s-dvr-s-and-computers/2202-flash-multilanguage-firmware-chinese-ds-7608n-e2-8p-ds-76-78-79-ex.html

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The release notes in the url Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. state the following:

==============================================
Support Models: DS-7600NI-SP, DS-7600NI-ST, DS-7700NI-SP, DS-7700NI-ST, DS-8600NI-ST, DS-9600NI-ST, DS-9600NI-RT, DS-9600NI-XT

Updates:
1. Add a prompt dialog box for changing the admin’s password in the login page if the default login password is not changed.
2. The user account will be locked after several incorrect login attempts on local menu, the login IP will be locked after several incorrect login attempts from remote.
3. For more details, please refer to our release notes.
==============================================

The version of the firmware in the above link states 3.2.0 and you are stating in your post version 3.2.1.
Your NVR model (7804N-E1/4P) is not included in the above release notes.

Either I am looking at the wrong url, or (once more) there is no clear release documentation from HIK (I wouldn't be surprised). Can you provide more details and clarifications?
Is the popular 760x-NI-SE(P) models compatible with this firmware version?

Can you tell what camera models you have connected?
Is your NVR a chinese or European/USA targeted model?
Can you provide more screen dumps and functionality differences from previous versions?

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi aster1x

Either I am looking at the wrong url, or (once more) there is no clear release documentation from HIK
Both are true :D

The url given to me by alastairstevenson is http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_699.html#prettyPhoto
which of course may as well be all in Chinese :laugh:, but using Chrome browser and translating the page makes things a lot better.

The 6th item down is .. [FONT=&amp]DS-78,79N-EX Series Fluorite cloud support package 05
[/FONT]

and says...

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Package applies to the following models:[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]DS-7804/08 / 16N-E1 , DS-7804N-E1 / 4N , [/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]DS-7804N-E1 / 4P[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&amp], DS-7808/16 / 32N-E2, DS-7808/16 / 32N-E2 / 8N, DS 7808/16 / 32N-E2 / 8P, DS-7816 / 32N-E2 / 16N, DS-7816 / 32N-E2 / 16P, DS-7908/16/32-E4, DS-7908N-E4 / 8P, DS 7916 / 32N-E4 / 16P
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
Can you tell what camera models you have connected? Is your NVR a chinese or European/USA targeted model?
The connected cams were.. 3 x Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I (2x 5.2.0 1x 5.2.5) and 1 DS-2CD6412FWD all of which were sourced from China
and have been nicely region changed.

The NVR is of course Chinese and I upgraded it a while ago to 3.0.10 using the same wzhick method as above.

Can you provide more screen dumps and functionality differences from previous versions?
I could... but it may take a while to get arround to, as the whole interface has been totally redesigned.

My first priority is finding where / how to switch telnet on, and second is to ponder about 'upgrading' my 7608N-E2 8P, lol

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice collection of screen shots :)
There are a few differences between yours and mine ...
Have you found the telnet yet ?
DaveP!
Thanks!
Added purely chinese screenshot to galery!

Thanks for your screenshot i'll check it.

I don't need telnet.
I can do all without it ;)

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo.....

The question arises, is the lack of telnet in 3.2.1 (Hikvision security feature) a deal breaker for the average Chinese NVR owning John Doe ?

Unlike our omnipotent iTuneDVR who has more tools and resources than their are grains of sand in the world
(yes its sarcasm, but no doubt will be taken as a compliment)

The answer is both yes and no, lol

However.. as wzhick has recently made a tool to build a modified digicap.dav thats up loaded via the web interface, the answer is more no than yes and makes the 'header striping method a bit outdated.

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/hikvision/2733-hikvision-firmware-tools-change-language-extract-files-create-own-firmware.html

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DaveP!
Thank you for your kind words!
I am an ordinary person like everyone and I'm just wondering explore interesting questions.
I spend time on their own research, and for the rest I just motivates them to do the same!

Better show your all screenshot from smart event! Pls ;)

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Better show your all screenshot from smart event!
I've got some so I could ... but In the words of a very clever man, and I hope he does not mind me quoting him

"I just motivates them to do the same"

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its teckie networking stuff ..

"In data communications, flow control is the process of managing the rate of data transmission between two nodes to prevent a fast sender from overwhelming a slow receiver"

In other words .. Forcing handshaking between compatible devices, so that the data isn't sent faster than the receiving device can cope with.