Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi NoFate,

Unfortunately I don't have an indoor station so I cannot help with this setup. What I can suggest is to make sure that all devices are on the same LAN - to exclude the NAT traversal problems that usually arise on VOIP systems, Currently I'm struggling with "one way audio" issue of SIP over VPN (wireguard). Also, I recommend to enable debug logging into Asterisk for pjsip module like described on Asterisk PJSIP Troubleshooting Guide (with "pjsip set logger on" you will get an extensive logging and I think can help you in troubleshooting your issue).

To answer your questions (these are my finding - no official documentation found):
1) I'm not sure if linked with a "Room No" or with a "No" (see my previous screenshot). For me both are the same.
2) yes
3) I don't know what you mean by "normal method". I guess (from the UI) you can map to the same "No" or "Room no" more than one SIP extension.
4) Did not tested - but on my todo list. If not work to configure on Hikvision product I expect to find a workaround on Asterisk extensions.conf file.
yeah, all devices are on local lan, testing it now on local lan, so no NAT/firewall are causing issues here

about question 3 : the indoor is linked to the outdoor , not sure now the link is created, probably with some internal SIP , so the outdoor is calling the indoor station by usage of internal sip or something like that...
so if i could configure that the outdoor is calling the indoor with hikvision method and at the same time calling other SIP numbers through our PBX server .... but i dont think its possible

anyway, since you dont have indoor station? you cant use HikConnect ?

i will make some log files now, where i test calling from
outdoor to indoor based on SIP => fails
outdoor to another SIP (linphone) => success
will post later, maybe you can see what the issue is?

Reaction score
What I learned (at least for previous firmware) is that you have to choose what protocol to use "Private SIP" (I suppose it's a Hikvision modified SIP) and SIP (that is standard SIP). I don't think you can use both simultaneously. If you intend to use only Hikvision products I think you are safe to use "Private SIP" but if you want interoperability then you need to use Standard SIP. My goal is to be as less as possible dependent on Hikvision - so I choose SIP. No interest for me on using HikConnect.

What I understood is that indoor station runs a "Private SIP" server. So you have to decide which server will use - the one from indoor station or the one from PBX and then configure the extensions (outdoor station, Linphone, indoor station) accordingly.

I don't think I will be able to help looking into the logs - as I mention logging it's very verbose and you have to look into it because is very dependent on your infrastructure.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, clear
i saw on screenshots, that indeed you can define private or standard SIP on the indoor panels, but i dont have that option on mine , so not sure what protocol it is
allthough its still strange that i can call from indoor to other SIP , but not the other way around ... must be a setting maybe on PBX

always get error below

<--- Reliably Transmitting (NAT) to 192.168.0.70:5060 --->
SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.70:5060;branch=z9hG4bK632966529;received=192.168.0.70;rport=5060
To: <sip:6001@192.168.0.69:5160>;tag=as6f628e95
Call-ID: 1578781534@192.168.0.70
CSeq: 65 INVITE
Server: FPBX-15.0.16.81(17.7.0)
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE
Supported: replaces, timer
X-Asterisk-HangupCause: Subscriber absent
X-Asterisk-HangupCauseCode: 20
Content-Length: 0

<------------>

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@daniel_tofan
ok, i think i have it working, i am now using another PBX , i tried Yeastar BPX cloud, they offer a 30 trial , and all extenson are now ringing, also HikCOnnect popups if i call my indoor
i am not at home, testing remotely, but quite sure it works now!! :) thats a good thing
what PBX are you using? before i had FreePBX with asterisk 17 , you ?
if maybe need another PBX software then , a free version :)

ok, tested at home, now it works :)

only i dont know the command to open the door with a sip client, i tried # , that didnt work

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm using Asterisk installed by myself.

When the call is in progress if you press # on keypad the door should open - you must hear "The door is open" and relay specific sound at door station (My door station is not installed yet - no connection to electric lock).

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using Asterisk installed by myself.

When the call is in progress if you press # on keypad the door should open - you must hear "The door is open" and relay specific sound at door station (My door station is not installed yet - no connection to electric lock).
Hmm, that's not happening in my case, did you configure something for that? Maybe a setting in linphone? Are you using freepbx with asterisk 17 ?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok @daniel_tofan

almost there , seems when i register my indoor station, the registration dropped again after 1-10 sec, thats why i was unable to call the indoor station
setting the QUALIFY to OFF in freepbx, then the indoor doesnt drop!

so SIP calling from
DS-KD8003 to android => works with audio video (pjsip) , opening door with # works
DS-KD to indoor => works, indoor configured as legacy sip, otherwise the relay for door doesnt trigger

my only issues left :
  • sometimes just call drops after 60 sec after answering
  • no video on indoor station from the ds-kd8003
(video only works if i call the indoor station from android, what i am never going to do anwayy, just test AND video works also from outdoor to linphone clients) , so no idea why i dont see it if the call comes from the 8003)

whats your status?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ow yeah, SIP is working now 100!! seems it was a firmware issue on my indoor 9310 , i received a beta firmware and if cured all sip issues for me!
finally after 2 weeks of testing, it was an Hikvission issue after all :)

great!!

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @daniel_tofan

My whole point of the SIP, was to NOT use the hikconnect app, because with that app it's not possible to change ringtones...

Pff, i tried several android apps, Zooper, linphone, native sip,... There are options to change ringtones, but they still play in a loop :)

I just want a short notification sound on internal sip call... Not in a loop :)

What are you using?

Reaction score
Hi NoFate,

I did not decided on an application for Android or iPhone. Currently, I'm still in testing mode for Zoiper and Linphone.
So far I can tell you that Linphone on iPhone needs a push service to wake up the application from background (the ringing works if you have the application active and display on). No decision on my side yet, but because Linphone is open source I prefer it.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, tried linphone, working as expected, it stays active on android in background
but i cant change ringtone there
with zopier i had no video, allthough pruchased premium and also activated h264 in the app,strange

with zopier , i could choose an notificatio n sound, buts in a loop :)

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey @daniel_tofan

ok, tested several clients , zopier is the best for me, they also offer (payed) an push service, but quite cheap, so the extension stays registered and with battery optimalization
i am still looking for 2 features
  • video preview before answering call (for zoiper and indoor) , should be possible with media preview options
  • sending dtmf # before answering call (indoor) , i always now need to accept a call before i can open a door, with NON-sip mode , this was not needed
Also, another question, can you actually call your outdoor station from your sip clients? I always have service unavailable when I call the outdoor... I want to make some kind of script , that i call the 8003, it will auto answer and then I can send the # key for open door...

So I can use that script in my domotica system later on

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello NoFate,

I'm unable to call outdoor station from softphones. My plans to your missing features:
  • you can access anytime the video (and I guess audio) stream from door station via RTSP. Somebody in this thread provided the URL: rtsp:/ip/ch1/main/av_stream. I confirm it works for me with authentication - the only one user on the doors station (that has admin rights). The stream is H-264 encoded and seems there is no MJPEG stream (that can be easily integrated in web pages). Indeed, you need to use another app on phone to see the video (eg. a webpage with H-264 stream converted to MJPEG on a media server with ffmpeg) and on indoor station I guess you can add a new "camera" and see directly the H-264 stream.
  • for this I thinks should be used the IO on the door station - the "Exit button" in the documentation. This can be realized with a relay (in my installation I use KNX).
Again, these are not yet installed/working in my site - but from what I read in documentation should works!

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey @daniel_tofan , yeah , i am already using RTSP strems, i use also Home Assistant, and displaying it there and also on my google hub
  • but it would be cool also thay if you have an incoming call on Linphone/Zoiper, that you already see in the call itself the video before you answer, it should be possible , its called a fucntion "early media" , but offcourse this is a nice feature to have
  • for door opening, i can use indeed a relay, i have hooked up some ESP boards, but it would be nice to use also a software based system, with SIP scripts, so no extra hardware needs to be involved

what error message do you have when you call the outdoor? also 503 service unavailable? (pjsip)

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ow yeah, SIP is working now 100!! seems it was a firmware issue on my indoor 9310 , i received a beta firmware and if cured all sip issues for me!
finally after 2 weeks of testing, it was an Hikvission issue after all :)

great!!
Nice to hear it from you. Wich firmware have you used ? (received by ...who?)
Or better which firmware on both external/internal units ?

Would it work on DS-KH6320 too ? anyone checked it ?

Thank you.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was only an issue on 9310, it's a new system based on android the 6xxx and 8xxx series should not be a problem

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, who is familiar with SIP and xml? i did a wireshark and requested a door open signal
seems its just based on XML , if we can simulate this, we could also open the door with other domotica systems

se here example :

Attachments

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i also see SSH access on my KD-DS8003 , its in the security settings, it can be enabled
anyone an idea what we can do with it?

thnx in advance