Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks perfect for that view and just a shame about the tree. Looks much sharper for some reason than the older location.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks perfect for that view and just a shame about the tree.
I am more interested in the people walking by on the sidewalk. I am very interested in the night picture. The camera it replaced just was not doing the job at night in my opinion even though it was 4MP with a 1/1.8" sensor.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, here is a night picture. All I can say is that this picture is way better than the 4MP camera with the 1/1.8" sensor that it replaced. I am a happy camper. I had my wife go stand out between the two tress to make sure that the surveillance light did not wash her out. It did not. Detail was great.

Camera LP5 Night 4K.jpg

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks good and is that with the White LED light ON as I find Off is better for my location in fact looks as good as your 8mp 4k PTZ

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks good and is that with the White LED light ON as I find Off is better for my location in fact looks as good as your 8mp 4k PTZ
I just went out an checked. The White LED is OFF. :) I do not have the LED's turned on with my camera's. They tend to wash out faces. I do have 4 license plate cameras and the LED's are on with them.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You must have taken the screen shot when the LED was on after what ever settings you had done as I can see it is reflecting from the roof especially the street sign across the road and the cars rear reflectors. .
You on the firmware 5.5.150 or 5.5.160?

Would you mind if I came round with my chainsaw and cut that tree down :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
You must have taken the screen shot when the LED was on after what ever settings you had done as I can see it is reflecting from the roof especially the street sign across the road and the cars rear reflectors. .
You on the firmware 5.5.150 or 5.5.160?
That is the LED light from my LED Security light that is located about a foot above the camera. I was debating whether or not I would need to shut it down. I might shut it off tomorrow night and see what happens.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Either settings will look good and lets see the capture from your new 4mm as the 6mm looks perfect.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the old location where the 6mm version was located. I did not think it was a good fit for the Hikvision 6MM camera and installed a Dahua 5442-Z4E in its place. Here is a current snapshot at night in the old location with the Dahua camera. There is a street light just to the right of the picture.

Camera 4B Dahua 5442-Z4E.jpg

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow that looks much better than the Hikvision ever did and I would be happy as punch with that capture from that location.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow that looks much better than the Hikvision ever did and I would be happy as punch with that capture from that location.
Interesting that you should say that. Because where the Hikvision 6MM now resides was a Dahua 5442-ZE. It was not a good fit for that location. Funny how this all works. :) For me I have found that around my house the Dahua 5442-Z4E works better than the Dahua 5442-Z4. Supposedly the only difference is in optics of the varifocals.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a perfect capture for that awkward area mate and well done for you to notice this.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the old location where the 6mm version was located. I did not think it was a good fit for the Hikvision 6MM camera and installed a Dahua 5442-Z4E in its place. Here is a current snapshot at night in the old location with the Dahua camera. There is a street light just to the right of the picture.

View attachment 84644
5442 Series is working very good :D

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I just finished mounting the 4MM version of this camera overlooking my cars. I can also see if the garage door is open. :) So far so good. I will post a picture this evening for a night time shot. I should not have the glare problem from the security lights that the other camera had which you can see in the picture on the beam at the end of the garage. It is the bottom one and I will be taking it down shortly.

Camera LP6.jpg

Last edited:

NikH

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I just finished mounting the 4MM version of this camera overlooking my cars. I can also see if the garage door is open. :) So far so good. I will post a picture this evening for a night time shot. I should not have the glare problem from the security lights that the other camera had which you can see in the picture on the beam at the end of the garage. It is the bottom one and I will be taking it down shortly.

View attachment 84667
How far is the camera to the nearest car in the picture?

I’m looking to buy the 4mm too but hesitating as the spec says the depth of focus is from 7m to infinity for the 4mm which I thought to be quite far for my usage

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
How far is the camera to the nearest car in the picture?

I’m looking to buy the 4mm too but hesitating as the spec says the depth of focus is from 7m to infinity for the 4mm which I thought to be quite far for my usage
7' 6" to the closest windshield spray nozzle (black bump). I have to disagree with the specs, as 7M is a little over 21 feet in my book. You can see that the details on the Ford are quite clear.

NikH

n3wb
Reaction score
7' 6" to the closest windshield spray nozzle (black bump). I have to disagree with the specs, as 7M is a little over 21 feet in my book. You can see that the details on the Ford are quite clear.
Yeah it looked pretty sharp at that distance which is way closer than 7m.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah it looked pretty sharp at that distance which is way closer than 7m.
I agree. Interesting that those specifications more closely fit the 6mm version that I have. Maybe Dahua has been "fine-tuning" the 4mm camera. IMHO I wish they would "fine-tune" the 6mm version so that it is clearer a little closer to the camera. One person on this forum said he took a camera apart and adjusted the focus. It would be interesting to know exactly how to do that.

Last edited: