Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Edit: this entire post is edited/replaced to increase its utility to the next person who reads it. I am summarizing what I learned in deploying the Annke I91BH/ Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL.

This camera hit my radar by way of a recent “can’t recommend enough” post, which pointed to this thread. It seemed to fit a particular want/need I have, and by happen chance I was able to procure it at a decent price.
I connected it at my test bench (on a window sill looking out through the window glass), and liked what I saw.
My most recent BI learning has been sub streams, and in following the steps in the Wiki, I could not get a sub stream to work.
From earlier in this thread, I somehow took away that applying the Hikvision firmware to this camera would be a good thing, thereby turning it into the original manufacturer’s product.
Not sure that that is definitely the case, but it did seem a good idea.

I updated the firmware by downloading it from Hikvision, following the simple procedure in the direct camera interface, and it was straightforward.
What was odd was that while the updates did happen, the “Hikvision” logo was not showing, as it does in screenshots from others earlier in this thread.
I suspected that my firmware update was flaky and resolved to follow the steps for Dahua cameras that have been described in other threads here – reset camera, update firmware, reset camera. I don’t know if in this case that is necessary.
Some time later, before I followed the Dahua camera steps, I noticed that the Hikvision logo was now showing.
This made me doubt the firmware update even more, because it seemed the camera was being flaky.
BTW, much later it occurred to me that the missing logo could perhaps have been caused by cached files in my browser, but no way to test that now.
I reset, updated firmware, reset again. Then I followed steps from earlier in this thread:

At the web interface for the camera:
"Configuration - Network - Advanced Settings – Integration Protocol” … check “Enable Open Network Video Interface
This step is key from earlier in this thread: “Did you enable ONVIF under the protocols and set an ONVIF admin password?”
So “Add” a user, and an admin password.
Installed camera again in BI, now main stream and sub stream became available from the drop down menu, and everything appears to be working normally.
Hi, I bought a couple of the Annke 151DW’s. I set up the HikVision DS-2CD2367GP-LSU/SL a couple months ago and had trouble with the ONVIF. Until I read about the Protocol password. I’m just now setting up the Annke‘s and know I have to probably do the same Protocol setup. When I did it for the HikVision I think I remember using the same password as I did to log into the camera’s GUI. So, to refresh my mind on how I set it up I thought I’d read this thread. But, now I’m a bit confused. I see where you say to setup both a User & administrator password? or am I not reading into this right. Thanks

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated that specific line at original post to make it clearer. Hope it helps.

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice video, good sleuthing finding it.
Did you figure out a box to mount this camera on?
Mine is still sitting on a window sill and I am on the lookout for an enclosed ceiling/soffit mount box.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice video, good sleuthing finding it.
Did you figure out a box to mount this camera on?
Mine is still sitting on a window sill and I am on the lookout for an enclosed ceiling/soffit mount box.
Not yet. I got a little time from pulling my hair out over CP:AI. I thought I’d finally open up one of the 2 151DW I got on that sale deal. It’s still sitting on the counter also. Although, plug into PoE switch for configuring. If I come across a box I’ll let you know.

I have the bullet cameras. Are you looking for a box that fits the turret cam’s?

Last edited:

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, so I needed another dual camera and I've had the 4k version and thanks to this post .. it has been rock solid ever since I bought the 4k DS-2CD2387G2P.

However, this time, I don't need 4k and the cheaper FCD600 6MP will do in my use case.

So, I was browsing Aliexpress and stumbled into this Aliexpress 6MP Link -- if you click the link there are 3 products.

I see 3 options with slightly different model variations:

1) I51DX
2) I51EC (out of stock)
3) I51DW

At first I thought they were all the same, only the stand was different, but when I looked carefully in the specs - They differ (at least the two) in some ways. Here are my findings:

Model: I51DX
-- Min. Illumination = Color: 0.005 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON), 0 Lux with IR
-- Supplement Light = White light + IR
-- Supplement Light Range = White light up to 20 m, IR light up to 30m
-- Weatherproof Rating = IP66

Model: I51EC (out of stock)
-- Min. Illumination = Color: 0.003 Lux @ (F1.6, AGC ON), 0 Lux with IR
-- Supplement Light = IR light up to 30m
-- Supplement Light Range = IR light up to 30m
-- Weatherproof Rating = IP67

I don't know much about specs in Camera so I'm wondering what is a better buy? My goal is to get the best low-light recordings (color). This will be fully exposed in the rain/snow and sun (its not covered).

TIA!

EDIT: Note that I got these specs from the Aliexpress posting (scroll below the link). I'm not sure if they are accurate or not but that's where I got the information.

Last edited:

strb173

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to automate switching the LED mode between white light and IR on my FCD600.
Just swap out USER/PASSWORD/IP_ADDRESS
Code:
curl -X PUT -u USER:PASSWORD --digest -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -d '<SupplementLight><supplementLightMode>multiAzimuthWhiteLight</supplementLightMode></SupplementLight>' IP_ADDRESS/ISAPI/Image/channels/1/supplementLight
You can swap multiAzimuthWhiteLight for multiAzimuthIrLight, for IR mode.

Another way is to setup a separate scene, this switches the scene to custom1.
Code:
curl -X PUT -u USER:PASSWORD --digest -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -d '<MountingScenario><mode>custom1</mode></MountingScenario>' IP_ADDRESS/ISAPI/Image/channels/1/mountingScenario

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey all. I replaced an older Hikavision with this camera in Blue Iris and it's working fine. the only thing is now my CPU is running super high after about 15 minutes from startup of the app. I have FPS set at 10 both at the camera and in BI, but it's still running high. Are you guys seeing this and/or have any advice on what to check?
Here's the settings:

1691258387531.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hey all. I replaced an older Hikavision with this camera in Blue Iris and it's working fine. the only thing is now my CPU is running super high after about 15 minutes from startup of the app. I have FPS set at 10 both at the camera and in BI, but it's still running high. Are you guys seeing this and/or have any advice on what to check?
Here's the settings:

View attachment 169391
This should be posted in the blue iris trouble shooting subforum as its not a camera issue. You are not providing sufficient detail about your system and its previous load vers the new load.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the settings:

View attachment 169391
You need to enable substreams.

Someone posted: Sub Stream: rtsp:/username: Password@192.168.1.10/Streaming/Channels/102/

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's the settings:

View attachment 169391
this is what mine looks like
IMG_8411.jpeg

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this is what mine looks like
View attachment 169401
Hey there.... realized I dont have this quite working yet.

I don't have any drop down options in the stream profiles. Did you upgrade the FW to Hikavision or just keep it with annke?

I did go into the Annke Camera settings and set up a user/pass for ONVIF and try reinstalling the camera, but still no options.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey there.... realized I dont have this quite working yet.

I don't have any drop down options in the stream profiles. Did you upgrade the FW to Hikavision or just keep it with annke?

I did go into the Annke Camera settings and set up a user/pass for ONVIF and try reinstalling the camera, but still no options.
Change the onvif port to 80. I am using the hikvision firmware also.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Change the onvif port to 80. I am using the hikvision firmware also.
Right on! That worked. Weirdly it still doesn't look like i'm getting a mainstream now. I have both main and sub frame rates are 15, and the iframe rates for both are still at 50 (if that matters).

And the camera in the BI dashboard keeps coming off/on line.

1691378100190.png

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right on! That worked. Weirdly it still doesn't look like i'm getting a mainstream now. I have both main and sub frame rates are 15, and the iframe rates for both are still at 50 (if that matters).

And the camera in the BI dashboard keeps coming off/on line.

View attachment 169475
Iframe should match the frame rate. Just make both lines (main and sub) match mine exactly.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Iframe should match the frame rate. Just make both lines (main and sub) match mine exactly.
Mine matches your perfectly... and I changed the iframe rates as well. now it just comes on/off line in BI and still doesn't show the mainstream.

I'm guessing this is becauase i'm running the annke FW?

So I had another one of these that I purchased, and decided to try to update the FW on it as a test. Now I can't get that one to come up at all. Don't want to cross post, but could use a look-see and some help here: Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

Last edited:

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine matches your perfectly... and I changed the iframe rates as well. now it just comes on/off line in BI and still doesn't show the mainstream.

I'm guessing this is becauase i'm running the annke FW?

So I had another one of these that I purchased, and decided to try to update the FW on it as a test. Now I can't get that one to come up at all. Don't want to cross post, but could use a look-see and some help here: Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO
I literally just uploaded the hikvision firmware that matches this camera and then did the factory reset 3 times and it works fine.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I literally just uploaded the hikvision firmware that matches this camera and then did the factory reset 3 times and it works fine.
OK... the factory reset thing i missed. I have now done that about 10x. It shows up in my router table, but has a conflicting IP with another HIK camera (that i've reserved that IP for already).

Then it will suddenly reappear in SACD, and also have conflicting IP. I try to activeate (asks me for new password)... then when i hit "activate" just times out. Then it disappears from SACD again.

I disconnected the other (older) camera with the conflicting IP... and tried that route as well. same issue. I must have dorked something up,... maybe wrong FW. Glad i tried this on the extra one I purchased.

Can anyone WITHOUT the HIK FW update on this camera confirm the settings for main and substream? If i set to this:
1691444419192.png

I see this:

1691444440749.png

Last edited: