Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Login to webpage of camera, go to the system page and upload the firmware. Done.
Wow thanks. I felt like I wasted some time reading that forum link I referred to but its a good read anyway.

Stupid of me that I forgot to take a screenshot of the whole screen when it was still Annke firmware so I don't know how it originally looked like, but I can tell that is it normal that they look 100% identical?

I was only able to take a screenshot of the before the update but only the firmware details and not the Hikvision logo up top (right of screenshot) and I can't remember if it originally said Annke or Hikvision.

But is it normal that the model is still I91BH? Should it change to DS-2CD2387G2P?

1676593660146.png

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out the main stream and sub stream in Blue Iris. The Find/Inspect button was not working. It just gives a / for main stream and blank in substream and there are no list in the dropdown for both.

1676593989016.png

So I looked up the RSTP formatting so I can manually fill it up and from the Hikvision documentation

Main Stream: rtsp:/username: Password@192.168.1.10/Streaming/Channels/101/ <--- made a space between : P because its making a smiley face but there should be no space in betwee

Sub Stream: rtsp:/username: Password@192.168.1.10/Streaming/Channels/102/

or the substream could also be (read this from reddit) ---> rtsp:/username: Password@192.168.1.10:554/H265/ch1/sub/av_stream

I think the 2nd link of the substream works better but can anyone share what you are specifically using for Blue Iris for this particular camera?
Thanks

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have same camera, with default Annke firmware. No logo at all on the config screen (no Annke, no Hikvision, just blank).
My video setup screen in BI looks like this: Screenshot 2023-02-16 225040.png and works well.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the hikvision firmware offer any differences or improvements for this camera?

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
That is very strange for me then .. I'm already in Hikvision firmware and when do Find/Inspect, it doesn't find any details at all

Even if you click the drop down menus arrow for main and sub -- its all blank

Thanks for sharing your profiles!

1676645180382.png

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is very strange for me then .. I'm already in Hikvision firmware and when do Find/Inspect, it doesn't find any details at all

Even if you click the drop down menus arrow for main and sub -- its all blank

Thanks for sharing your profiles!

View attachment 154554
Did you enable ONVIF under the protocols and set an ONVIF admin password?

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Been playing around with this camera and I've been loving it so far. I was used to buying the lower end Amcrest cameras and this is the first time I really had good Night color camera and I have been amazed.

Started to learn using ONVIF triggers for notifications vs using BI all by itself to analyze motion detection. So far I learned that Hik Smart Events to --> BI handles pre-record + notifications is the fastest way to get it. I toyed with setting detection from camera then sends Onvif triggers to --> BI + Deepstack analysis -- which this process takes 2 seconds slower (I have GTX 1070). BI handling everything (motion detection off in the camera), takes about 3 seconds before I get notified.

Also learned that with my Front Yard lighting at night, Shutter speed of 1/30 + WDR of 40 is the only way for the camera to detect motion. I wish I could use higher shutter speed but for some reason, the built-in camera motion detection can't find anything higher that 1/30. The video results with this setting is a little too bright but still good -- just hope I can increase the shutter speed at little bit. On the other hand, if I let BI handle everything with a shutter speed higher than 1/30, "sometimes" it detects it. So maybe Ill stick with this setting for now.

More importantly, I have questions regarding Video resolution / encoding / bitrate.

I also use TinyCam pro and for some reason, at H265 encoding (not H265+), I can't pull videos if the Bitrate is set to 16384. If I lower it to 8192, video works fine with TinyCam pro. Switching tinycam pro setting to substream works so that kind of confirms it could either be bandwidth or bitrate issues in the app or my network.

What is the best settings to use for this in general? In Blue Iris, I just do Continuous + Alerts with a 5 seconds pre-record.

I recently switched to H.265+ (screenshot below) just to try it out. Not sure if this was a good move but I read its better for space and helps with memory usage.

I just don't want to set things on high for the sake of getting the "best" resolution during pre-recorded motion events but I also don't want to lower it down to compromise the quality on the recorded events.

What is a good MAX Bitrate? Should I stick with Variable? Should I go back to H265 and not H265+? Can I lower down "Video Quality" option?

TIA!

1677001031084.png

PS: Not even sure what Max Average Bitrate is and its difference between Max. Bitrate -- are they different?

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After reading this I ordered a 6mp version to try it out the model # on the camera is I51DW, and the annke model on the website is fcd600, FCD600 - Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, 6MP Resolution, 180° Ultra Wide Angle, f/1.2 Super Aperture, BSI Sensor, Color Night Vision, Built-in Mic, Active Siren & Alarm, Human & Vehicle Detection, Two-Way Audio.
Does anyone know which hikvision firmware I can flash to update this to the latest version?
Did you ever find out the answer to this?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Been playing around with this camera and I've been loving it so far. I was used to buying the lower end Amcrest cameras and this is the first time I really had good Night color camera and I have been amazed.

Started to learn using ONVIF triggers for notifications vs using BI all by itself to analyze motion detection. So far I learned that Hik Smart Events to --> BI handles pre-record + notifications is the fastest way to get it. I toyed with setting detection from camera then sends Onvif triggers to --> BI + Deepstack analysis -- which this process takes 2 seconds slower (I have GTX 1070). BI handling everything (motion detection off in the camera), takes about 3 seconds before I get notified.

Also learned that with my Front Yard lighting at night, Shutter speed of 1/30 + WDR of 40 is the only way for the camera to detect motion. I wish I could use higher shutter speed but for some reason, the built-in camera motion detection can't find anything higher that 1/30. The video results with this setting is a little too bright but still good -- just hope I can increase the shutter speed at little bit. On the other hand, if I let BI handle everything with a shutter speed higher than 1/30, "sometimes" it detects it. So maybe Ill stick with this setting for now.

More importantly, I have questions regarding Video resolution / encoding / bitrate.

I also use TinyCam pro and for some reason, at H265 encoding (not H265+), I can't pull videos if the Bitrate is set to 16384. If I lower it to 8192, video works fine with TinyCam pro. Switching tinycam pro setting to substream works so that kind of confirms it could either be bandwidth or bitrate issues in the app or my network.

What is the best settings to use for this in general? In Blue Iris, I just do Continuous + Alerts with a 5 seconds pre-record.

I recently switched to H.265+ (screenshot below) just to try it out. Not sure if this was a good move but I read its better for space and helps with memory usage.

I just don't want to set things on high for the sake of getting the "best" resolution during pre-recorded motion events but I also don't want to lower it down to compromise the quality on the recorded events.

What is a good MAX Bitrate? Should I stick with Variable? Should I go back to H265 and not H265+? Can I lower down "Video Quality" option?

TIA!

View attachment 154940

PS: Not even sure what Max Average Bitrate is and its difference between Max. Bitrate -- are they different?
I have found out that with all my 4K cameras I have to run H.265+ if they have that option. My Hikvision IVMS-4200 will bog down after awhile if I do not. So far I see no problems running H.265+.

Last edited:

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received this turret camera, took it out of the box, and put it to work on test bench on window sill.
First impression: like the image I am seeing as overview camera, may get more.
If I went looking for it, possible I would find the image stitching, just haven't looked.
Image proportions look normal, if it were not so, would snag my eye.

Question: What mounting junction box would I use for installing this turret version on an eaves soffit?
Model is Annke I91BH (based on answer to question above it is the same as Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL).
At Hikvision they show a CB155 Junction Box that appears to correspond, however it is an open top box.
I'm hoping to find a box on the lines of a Dahua PFA 130E, which encloses the cables and ethernet connection, and only a single cable going to the camera emerges from the gasket in the box.

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated to Hikvision firmware, and got different results from screenshots above.
See composite screenshots, @left is original Annke, marked "ORIGINAL ANNKE", and @Right is Hikvision firmware update applied, marked "HIKVISION FIRMWARE."
"Firmware Version", "Encoding Version", "and Web Version" all updated.
However on the firmware applied screenshot to the right, "Hikvision" does not appear anywhere (other my marking).
I did not "reset" before updating firmware, nor after updating firmware.

Is this the end state others are seeing?
Also, where do you: "Did you enable ONVIF under the protocols and set an ONVIF admin password? "

Once I figure out the above, I hope to be able to set up a substream on this camera, which so far I have not done.

Annke_I91BH_composite_screenshots.png

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated to Hikvision firmware, and got different results from screenshots above.
See composite screenshots, @left is original Annke, marked "ORIGINAL ANNKE", and @Right is Hikvision firmware update applied, marked "HIKVISION FIRMWARE."
"Firmware Version", "Encoding Version", "and Web Version" all updated.
However on the firmware applied screenshot to the right, "Hikvision" does not appear anywhere (other my marking).
I did not "reset" before updating firmware, nor after updating firmware.

Is this the end state others are seeing?
Also, where do you: "Did you enable ONVIF under the protocols and set an ONVIF admin password? "

Once I figure out the above, I hope to be able to set up a substream on this camera, which so far I have not done.

View attachment 157085
Configuration: Advanced Settings: check "Enable Open Video Interface" , add user, as admin, save

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Edit: this entire post is edited/replaced to increase its utility to the next person who reads it. I am summarizing what I learned in deploying the Annke I91BH/ Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL.

This camera hit my radar by way of a recent “can’t recommend enough” post, which pointed to this thread. It seemed to fit a particular want/need I have, and by happen chance I was able to procure it at a decent price.
I connected it at my test bench (on a window sill looking out through the window glass), and liked what I saw.
My most recent BI learning has been sub streams, and in following the steps in the Wiki, I could not get a sub stream to work.
From earlier in this thread, I somehow took away that applying the Hikvision firmware to this camera would be a good thing, thereby turning it into the original manufacturer’s product.
Not sure that that is definitely the case, but it did seem a good idea.

I updated the firmware by downloading it from Hikvision, following the simple procedure in the direct camera interface, and it was straightforward.
What was odd was that while the updates did happen, the “Hikvision” logo was not showing, as it does in screenshots from others earlier in this thread.
I suspected that my firmware update was flaky and resolved to follow the steps for Dahua cameras that have been described in other threads here – reset camera, update firmware, reset camera. I don’t know if in this case that is necessary.
Some time later, before I followed the Dahua camera steps, I noticed that the Hikvision logo was now showing.
This made me doubt the firmware update even more, because it seemed the camera was being flaky.
BTW, much later it occurred to me that the missing logo could perhaps have been caused by cached files in my browser, but no way to test that now.
I reset, updated firmware, reset again. Then I followed steps from earlier in this thread:

At the web interface for the camera:
"Configuration - Network - Advanced Settings – Integration Protocol” … check “Enable Open Network Video Interface
This step is key from earlier in this thread: “Did you enable ONVIF under the protocols and set an ONVIF admin password?”
So “Add” a user, and a password.
I chose to use the same credentials (user and password) as for access to the cam via browser, for my using convenience.
Installed camera again in BI, now main stream and sub stream became available from the drop down menu, and everything appears to be working normally.

Last edited:

restorick2378

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just downloaded the firmware for my second Annke (Hikvision) camera using the firmware on the Hikvision website. No problems with either download.
I know this is an older thread, but is there an equivalent Hikvision firmware for the FCD600 cams? I'm looking for a couple of cams just to cover a wider expanse that can detect/observe. Other cams will be used to identify. Thanks!

restorick2378

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After reading this I ordered a 6mp version to try it out the model # on the camera is I51DW, and the annke model on the website is fcd600, FCD600 - Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, 6MP Resolution, 180° Ultra Wide Angle, f/1.2 Super Aperture, BSI Sensor, Color Night Vision, Built-in Mic, Active Siren & Alarm, Human & Vehicle Detection, Two-Way Audio.
Does anyone know which hikvision firmware I can flash to update this to the latest version?
Hi - were you able to find out if there is a Hik equivalent?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but is there an equivalent Hikvision firmware for the FCD600 cams? I'm looking for a couple of cams just to cover a wider expanse that can detect/observe. Other cams will be used to identify. Thanks!
I did not buy the FCD600. So I cannot answer your question. I bought this model and there is a Hikvision equivalent. ANNKE 4k 8MP Poe IP Turret Panoramic Dual Lens Security Camera with f/1.0 Super Aperture, Acme Color Night Vision,Human & Vehicle Detection, Dual-lens Stitching Super Wide Viewing Angle 180° - Newegg.com

restorick2378

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score