Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

restorick2378

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ANNKE Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens 6MP Security Camera
$90 cheaper version but decent for money

I picked up 2 of these from Newegg to test. Paid $186 for the pair, with tax and ship.
I need coverage in low-light areas and this cam says it supports IR. If it doesn't work well for my home, I'll try them up north at the cottage. Maybe I'll catch a wolf or bear... lol

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got two of them directly from Annke for $180 about 6 months ago. Put up one immediately and set up Blue Iris for the first time. I'm happy with the quality and features. I tried messing around with the other one's firmware, trying to load Hikvision for more fine grained LED control, and ended up bricking it. It would power for about 6 minutes then reset, continuously. I could only get into the web UI for about 15 seconds before the reset, not enough to really do anything other than ~maybe~ log in. I did what any good American would do and blamed the manufacturer and started an RMA. It took a bit of convincing but they went for it. Now I'm not going to mess with it because I need to put it up!

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope that this post will save someone some time in the future! While running the wires I messed up and had to snip the PoE connector off. For max usable length I did so flush with the moulding... only to learn, unfortunately:

Annke did not use a standard color code on their RJ45 ethernet connector.

I cut back the plastic sheath and mapped the wires to the pins. That mapping is:

Annke Color - T568B color
Orange - White Orange
Yellow - Orange
green - White Green
Purple - Blue
Grey - White Blue
Blue - Green
Brown - White Brown
White - Brown

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to buy the non-torent style , is there a good deal going on? Where would you recommend to buy? I'm in Canada Ontario.

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's my only complaint-- the form factor. it's fine for a commercial building, but a little bit large for a residence. I'll try to take a pic of how I have mine mounted later. I don't notice it anymore and you can't really see it from the road unless you know what to look for. But it's still a big bullet cam, and honestly feels like it has a lot of empty space inside. I might take apart my second one just to see.

Now that I re-read, you are wanting the Bullet camera, not the Turret cam? The turret has a much smaller form factor. You can see the differences here: annke.com/products/fcd600. The coupon code posted on SlickDeals above (DBWX6V2C12NQ) works on the Bullet cam, making it $90-- not sure if they ship to Canada. good luck!

Last edited:

restorick2378

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's my only complaint-- the form factor. it's fine for a commercial building, but a little bit large for a residence. I'll try to take a pic of how I have mine mounted later. I don't notice it anymore and you can't really see it from the road unless you know what to look for. But it's still a big bullet cam, and honestly feels like it has a lot of empty space inside. I might take apart my second one just to see.

Now that I re-read, you are wanting the Bullet camera, not the Turret cam? The turret has a much smaller form factor. You can see the differences here: annke.com/products/fcd600. The coupon code posted on SlickDeals above (DBWX6V2C12NQ) works on the Turret cam, making it $90-- not sure if they ship to Canada. good luck!
Are you sure the code works? I tried it and was told it wasn't valid for the turret.

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oops, no, got it backwards. That code only works on the bullet cam.

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like it, but I'm really only using the RTSP stream putting it into BI. BI is doing all the motion detection and notifications. I plug it into PoE and it works, EZ-PZ.

There are some white LEDs on it, but unfortunately they are on or off. I was hoping to turn it into a motion light but that's not possible with the firmware. Hikvisions can do it, supposedly.

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Now that I re-read, you are wanting the Bullet camera, not the Turret cam? The turret has a much smaller form factor. You can see the differences here: annke.com/products/fcd600. The coupon code posted on SlickDeals above (DBWX6V2C12NQ) works on the Bullet cam, making it $90-- not sure if they ship to Canada. good luck!
That's so funny, right now I was ready to buy and this code no longer works, could you get another code with good savings ?

Last edited:

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's so funny, right now I was ready to buy and this code no longer works, could you get another code with good savings ?
Bummer! I don't see any other deals going on. If you haven't, create an account on SlickDeals.net and set up a deal alert for 'annke'. It will email you immediately when a new deal pops up. Not sure how many of the deals will apply to the UK but it's worth a shot.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bummer! I don't see any other deals going on. If you haven't, create an account on SlickDeals.net and set up a deal alert for 'annke'. It will email you immediately when a new deal pops up. Not sure how many of the deals will apply to the UK but it's worth a shot.
Check newegg.com as well annke runs specials there too

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you spot it?

It's smaller than my (non-functional) motion light

It's actually not that noticeable in your case because of the camera color kind match the wall color on top of your garage door.

I actually like the picture quality of Hikvision/annke-180 a little more than the Dahua version, but I bought the Dahua one because of the form factor is smaller and fits my house better.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2 Annke NCD800 (I91BH? which i think is the same as HIK DS-2CD2387G2P
I have one Annke 151DW (FDC600) not sure if there is a HIK equivalent.

Can any recommend mounting options other than the included mounts? I was interested in something with a junction box so I can conceal and weather resist the cables?

Thanks in advance

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 Annke NCD800 (I91BH? which i think is the same as HIK DS-2CD2387G2P
I have one Annke 151DW (FDC600) not sure if there is a HIK equivalent.

Can any recommend mounting options other than the included mounts? I was interested in something with a junction box so I can conceal and weather resist the cables?

Thanks in advance
This is the Hikvision equivlent for the 6MP PanoVu.1681509098609.png

Here is the official junction box for that camera.
1681509231652.png
From my testing, it can use the same junction box as the DS-2CD2347GX cameras which is your colorvu turret.

Virga

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best as I can tell, that is an open box, no cover.
Nice camera, and am looking for a suitable closed box for this cam.