Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

cadmunkey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How are people getting on with this great looking camera? Owners happy?

cadmunkey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am happy. I was so pleased with it, I bought another one for the front of the house. $220 for the first one and $250 for the second one.
Thats great to hear, thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of getting a couple for my house as they look perfect. One cam could do the job of the two I currently have at the front.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How is this camera at night with some lighting and minimum 1/60 shutter? Does anyone have this camera along with the 5442 that can compare their night performance given the similar sensor size?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks @bp2008, both the video is not bad static-wise. With the annke, since there's street lights (not sure how much based on the video), but it looks like it has no problem staying in color. However, at 1/30 frame rate, I notice when the truck drove by and when you freeze it freeze it each second, there is obvious blurring with the motion. I'm not sure if you're able to without high digital noise, but have you already tried running it 1/60 or 1/80 with a bit higher of gain or exposure compensation to see what it looks like? By chance, do you have any video of people walking by at night with this annke?

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yours looks really good if that's on 1/120 shutter speed. You have it at good level to see people walking by your driveway as well.

Comparing this to the Dahua alternative 4K-T180, I would have love it more if it has same view/resolution combined with 3.6mm lens instead of the weird resolution it offers.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind if you are using Blue Iris and AI detection is that these are more of a large overview distance, they are not intended to be a replacement to having more scene specific detection cameras. I love the camera but I have definitely found that with BI and CP.AI having two separate cameras, one covering each half of the same scene rather than one camera covering the whole scene, I get more positive detection or recognition of person or vehicle with individual cameras rather than a single large double wide image it seems.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Comparing this to the Dahua alternative 4K-T180, I would have love it more if it has same view/resolution combined with 3.6mm lens instead of the weird resolution it offers.
IMHO Dahua did it super weird. They took a source video that is very likely 32:9 aspect ratio, and squished it to about 20:9 (suspciously close to the aspect ratios found in many modern phone screens).

As much as I hate the appearance, they probably did it for compatibility reasons. A lot of devices and video players, especially mobile ones, can't handle playback of a 5120 pixel wide video. By limiting their widest video stream to 4096 pixels wide, and offering 3840 options, they reduce the chance that users will run into compatibility problems. Then they gave the video more height than it should, possibly as a way to try to retain as much detail as possible with the reduced width, or possibly because they care more about filling the screens they use than they care about realistic aspect ratios. I think it is probably the latter.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IMHO Dahua did it super weird. They took a source video that is very likely 32:9 aspect ratio, and squished it to about 20:9 (suspciously close to the aspect ratios found in many modern phone screens).

As much as I hate the appearance, they probably did it for compatibility reasons. A lot of devices and video players, especially mobile ones, can't handle playback of a 5120 pixel wide video. By limiting their widest video stream to 4096 pixels wide, and offering 3840 options, they reduce the chance that users will run into compatibility problems. Then they gave the video more height than it should, possibly as a way to try to retain as much detail as possible with the reduced width, or possibly because they care more about filling the screens they use than they care about realistic aspect ratios. I think it is probably the latter.
I almost wondered if they did it that way but intended the end user to have a dual view with the ePTZ function at the same time as the wide view which would have then altered the aspect ratios… that is the way some of these dual lense systems with a PTZ and a wide view on top are doing things.

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Was lucky to get one $219 last night from newegg. Today its back to $249.

Is this the same as the NCD800 that the hook up reviewed? He linked one from the video was a $399 camera from Amazon

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind if you are using Blue Iris and AI detection is that these are more of a large overview distance, they are not intended to be a replacement to having more scene specific detection cameras. I love the camera but I have definitely found that with BI and CP.AI having two separate cameras, one covering each half of the same scene rather than one camera covering the whole scene, I get more positive detection or recognition of person or vehicle with individual cameras rather than a single large double wide image it seems.
Thanks for this as I will be using this camera in BI + CPAI. Was wondering if the detection is also bad from like 10-15 feet away? I don't really expect it to detect at 40 feet since the FOV is too huge but for my use case its only like 20 feet max distance per camera side.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for this as I will be using this camera in BI + CPAI. Was wondering if the detection is also bad from like 10-15 feet away? I don't really expect it to detect at 40 feet since the FOV is too huge but for my use case its only like 20 feet max distance per camera side.
That should be fine. The distance I am referring to having issues is more like the the street and opposite side of the street in this photo, however I have had issues with even detecting the neighbor to the right side of this photo walking through the yard during the middle of the day, but it’s through a window on a second story, so I have been hoping it will be better once I actually mount this outside where I intend to put it. Sorry for poor quality. This is a screenshot from UI3 on my phone.

Attachments

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That should be fine. The distance I am referring to having issues is more like the the street and opposite side of the street in this photo, however I have had issues with even detecting the neighbor to the right side of this photo walking through the yard during the middle of the day, but it’s through a window on a second story, so I have been hoping it will be better once I actually mount this outside where I intend to put it. Sorry for poor quality. This is a screenshot from UI3 on my phone.
I'm sure it will do much better once you install the camera outside. The camera's motion sensor will not work well behind a window because of the
passive infrared used to detect movement by changes in IR energy.

Few years ago I bought a motion sensor light bulb for my front door and installed inside a glass fixture thinking the sensor would have no problem
detecting people. It turns out I have to put my face within 2-3 inches of the glass fixture for the light to turn on. :lol: But take the light bulb out of the
glass fixture and it works fine.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure it will do much better once you install the camera outside. The camera's motion sensor will not work well behind a window because of the
passive infrared used to detect movement by changes in IR energy.

Few years ago I bought a motion sensor light bulb for my front door and installed inside a glass fixture thinking the sensor would have no problem
detecting people. It turns out I have to put my face within 2-3 inches of the glass fixture for the light to turn on. :lol: But take the light bulb out of the
glass fixture and it works fine.
That would be true if an always on POE camera used an infrared sensor similar to a PIR (passive infrared) sensor the way a motion light or a battery powered camera does, however with this camera I don’t believe infrared is used at all. In fact it likely has an IR filter enabled all the time that prevents infrared light from reaching the sensor. It actually uses motion sensing by pixel changes over a certain portion of the sensor to identify movement. Then it also uses area and line crossing to validate if that motion occurred in an interested area. Then if enabled it uses AI to attempt to identify if that movement contains a person or vehicle. The camera itself actually detects motion and sends ONVIF triggers way more often then I would like as it actually detects motion outside of the areas I have defined for line crossing or area monitoring and even reports those via ONVIF triggers even though I don’t want it to. This is why I and most others often use the CodeProject.AI functionality to filter those ONVIF triggers and attempt to only show that motion event in the alerts list if the trigger contains what AI has determined to be a person or vehicle and then filter events not containing the desired objects identified by the AI as canceled alerts. Last night for instance my NCD800 180 camera triggered hundreds of ONVIF alerts for motion, but unfortunately the images that were processed through CP.AI only positively identified a car in the image maybe 5 to 10 times as they passed by my house, however the video feed images from my Color4k-T and my 5842 which cover either the left or right side of the same area the NCD800 covers currently allowed CP.AI to positively identify well over 50 cars that passed by the front of my house each.

Essentially what I am saying is CP.AI is not designed for identifying objects in an ultra wide 32:9 image. Occasionally it is able to, but don’t rely on AI necessarily for positive identification. With this camera I probably wouldn’t rely on ONVIF either as I have had it report motion in areas that the camera itself doesn’t show are triggering in my IVS zones.
I would probably setup zone crossing in BI if motion identification is important to you and then properly test/tune the areas and motion sensitivity as needed rather than rely heavily on AI.

For me this camera will eventually be used just to cover broad area and use for color identification for the area where I plan to have two IR night vision cameras on either side. I’m just not mounting and running cables until it warms up outside since I have vinyl siding and don’t want to crack it while mounting the cameras or running wires.

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Surprisingly, my Annke order from new came today.
Yes. I have already downloaded the latest Hikvision software for this camera from the Hikvision website.
Hello,

Surprisingly, my order took only 4 days to arrive from Newegg -- so far I'm trying to figure out how to flash the firmware from Annke to Hikvision. I'm only used doing Amcrest to Dahua.

Did you happen to follow this guide? Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

Is it still valid today?

Looking at that guide and comparing it to the firmware directly from the DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL page

From the Guide (through the G5 Platform Portal) --> G5 Platform Portal

Directly from the webpage --> From the product page

They seem to be the same "ipce_p_g5_en_std_5.7.10_220614.zip" firmware

So I guess my question is .. will the below steps suffice to do a safe upgrade?

1) Install the Hikvision SDK
2) Extract the zip file
3) Run the ClientDemoEn.exe from the SDK
4) Add the camera from the Device Tree
5) Fill up IP, username, password of the camera
6) Click config to check if settings are good
7) Browse the firmware that was extracted from the Zip
8) Upgrade and hope for the best

TIA!

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Surprisingly, my Annke order from new came today.

Hello,

Surprisingly, my order took only 4 days to arrive from Newegg -- so far I'm trying to figure out how to flash the firmware from Annke to Hikvision. I'm only used doing Amcrest to Dahua.

Did you happen to follow this guide? Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

Is it still valid today?

Looking at that guide and comparing it to the firmware directly from the DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL page

From the Guide (through the G5 Platform Portal) --> G5 Platform Portal

Directly from the webpage --> From the product page

They seem to be the same "ipce_p_g5_en_std_5.7.10_220614.zip" firmware

So I guess my question is .. will the below steps suffice to do a safe upgrade?

1) Install the Hikvision SDK
2) Extract the zip file
3) Run the ClientDemoEn.exe from the SDK
4) Add the camera from the Device Tree
5) Fill up IP, username, password of the camera
6) Click config to check if settings are good
7) Browse the firmware that was extracted from the Zip
8) Upgrade and hope for the best

TIA!
Login to webpage of camera, go to the system page and upload the firmware. Done.