EmpireTech latest New firmware, Device Guide video, Manual WEB5.0

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I've bought one of Andys cameras from Amazon UK after reading all the glowing reports. I ordered a 'EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP IR Vari-Focal Eyeball Starlight IP Camera Support POE and ePOE White'.

Everything is setup and working (i'm still learning my way through BI and AI).

When I use the Dahua Config Tool the camera is reported as model 'IPC-T8Z'. Have I been miss-sold the wrong camera? When I google the IPC-T8Z it looks physically identical to the IPC-T5442T-ZE but I don't know if the hardware is the same?
Whats the model number on the box and on the sticker on the camera?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I've bought one of Andys cameras from Amazon UK after reading all the glowing reports. I ordered a 'EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP IR Vari-Focal Eyeball Starlight IP Camera Support POE and ePOE White'.

Everything is setup and working (i'm still learning my way through BI and AI).

When I use the Dahua Config Tool the camera is reported as model 'IPC-T8Z'. Have I been miss-sold the wrong camera? When I google the IPC-T8Z it looks physically identical to the IPC-T5442T-ZE but I don't know if the hardware is the same?
This looks like you get a fake camera, i already get your email. Currently we only sell on our shops directly, no distributors on any online selling. Last time a guy bought a SD49225XA-HNR but was re-label on a very cheap ptz, so have to be very careful when you buy things online.

Last edited:

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This looks like you get a fake camera, i already get your email. Currently we only sell on our shops directly, no distributors on any online selling. Last time a guy bought a SD49225XA-HNR but was re-label on a very cheap ptz, so have to be very careful when you buy things online.
I'm sending the camera back for a full refund today. I've also ordered a camera from you via the ipcamtalk online shop.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
David tell the truth, i will think some way to fight with the fake sellers.
Can you list them with a Warning on each of your Amazon Camera pages on the ones they are trying to sell? I know that is a pain but at least put up a Warning on each page of this fraud...

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey @EMPIRETECANDY - is there firmware for the IPC-HFW5449T1-ASE-D2 ? I dont see it in your intial post of links. Thanks

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, when you get a chance can you please update the date in the firmware file as well? And any idea if 5842 will get web 5.0?