EmpireTech latest New firmware, Device Guide video, Manual WEB5.0

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The second firmware link doesn't work for me. The first one does.

Edit: One has to right click in the top of the box the fw is in. It is a problem that should be fixed as some FW can't be downloaded without knowing this.

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:clap: just updated my first camera without bricking it. Now I hope it fixes the problems :nervous:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:clap: just updated my first camera without bricking it. Now I hope it fixes the problems :nervous:
As I mentioned in your other post, the issues you are having are BI related and a camera firmware update won't fix it.

IVS quit working for many of us with version 5.7.5 and newer so you have to rollback to a stable version.

The subscriptions in the log file are annoying but are harmless. Mine usually poop out after about 50 or so, but if yours continues, simply go into Network > Access Platform, turn onvif authenticator off in the camera to see stop that error but still allows the ONVIF triggers. It is an issue where the camera and BI are having "handshake" issues and thinks that there is a problem, when there isn't.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
SD5A425GA-HNR and SD5A825GA-HNR has an update, solve the bugs on day/night settings issue. Update on the firware list on 1st page.

Last edited:

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SD5A425GA-HNR and SD5A825GA-HNR has an update, solve the bugs on day/night settings issue. Update on the firware list on 1st page.
What's the difference between this SD5A425GA-HNR and the SD5A425XA-HNR? I got the "XA" from you on Amazon.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy, will this work on the camera I bought from you?

Device Type SD49425XB-HNR
System Version V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12
WEB Version V3.2.1.819501
ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy, will this work on the camera I bought from you?

Device Type SD49425XB-HNR
System Version V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12
WEB Version V3.2.1.819501
ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

DO NOT UPDATE THAT FIRMWARE.....unless you want to get rid of autotracking.

Autotracking will be removed if you update that camera.

I REPEAT - DO NOT UPDATE THAT FIRMWARE

General census around here is that if the camera is working, don't risk updating it and bricking it or losing a feature...

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK- I will keep it at where it is. I am not using the autotracking right now.

Reaction score
DO NOT UPDATE THAT FIRMWARE.....unless you want to get rid of autotracking.

Autotracking will be removed if you update that camera.

I REPEAT - DO NOT UPDATE THAT FIRMWARE

General census around here is that if the camera is working, don't risk updating it and bricking it or losing a feature...
NOTE TO ANDY - Could alerts/warnings such as this be included in the EmpireTech Firmware List?

Dennis

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder why we have such extensive information about the cameras that Andy sells,
right here at one's fingertips?

Reaction score
I wonder why we have such extensive information about the cameras that Andy sells,
right here at one's fingertips?
Well let's see...Andy gives one for free to someone here to review. Andy posts firmware updates for those cams he sells. Andy gives a discount for IPCAM members. Andy has great prices for prosumer grade cams. Those cams are great for their intended purposes. Andy runs a sale a couple of times a year and sometimes a lottery for free cams.

@EMPIRETECANDY supports the cams he sells. Since lots of us here use those cams, we have a lot of experience with those cams.

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I've bought one of Andys cameras from Amazon UK after reading all the glowing reports. I ordered a 'EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP IR Vari-Focal Eyeball Starlight IP Camera Support POE and ePOE White'.

Everything is setup and working (i'm still learning my way through BI and AI).

When I use the Dahua Config Tool the camera is reported as model 'IPC-T8Z'. Have I been miss-sold the wrong camera? When I google the IPC-T8Z it looks physically identical to the IPC-T5442T-ZE but I don't know if the hardware is the same?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the max res of the cam? If it is a T8z then that is an 8Mp cam whereas the 5442 is a 4Mp cam.

ctm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me. I've bought one of Andys cameras from Amazon UK after reading all the glowing reports. I ordered a 'EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE 4MP IR Vari-Focal Eyeball Starlight IP Camera Support POE and ePOE White'.

Everything is setup and working (i'm still learning my way through BI and AI).

When I use the Dahua Config Tool the camera is reported as model 'IPC-T8Z'. Have I been miss-sold the wrong camera? When I google the IPC-T8Z it looks physically identical to the IPC-T5442T-ZE but I don't know if the hardware is the same?
Looking at Amazon.co.uk, it doesn't look like EmpireTech-Andy is the seller of any of those cameras. For some they say ship and sold by "Amazon US," so maybe Andy is the indirect seller in those instances, but for the model you purchased, I don't think Andy was the seller.
Looks like there are other sellers claiming they are selling EmpireTech cameras. That is the problem with Amazon, you can't trust the listing without paying attention to who the seller is.
I would suggest you return it to Amazon as they didn't ship you what you ordered.