EmpireTech 7 Years Anniversay Promotion Plan

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll have to look at that. I display time in 24 hour format so AM/PM isn't much of a concern. Try toggling between 12 hour and 24 hour when you set the time IE set it in 24 hour format then switch to 12 hour format and "apply".

I can't say I like the new GUI all that much. Too much wasted space and I don't follow the logic of the way things are grouped. There's no reason that all major topic areas can't be displayed on the "Home" page rather than being split between two pages there and the gear icon. Not being able to control profiles with Sunrise/Sunset is a major downside. The schedule seems better than it used to be but still doesn't allow sunrise/sunset time to control and it leaves a little "gap" at midnight which makes the camera switch from night to day, then back again, for a minute. Dahua really needs to fix their schedule properly, once and for all.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll have to look at that. I display time in 24 hour format so AM/PM isn't much of a concern. Try toggling between 12 hour and 24 hour when you set the time IE set it in 24 hour format then switch to 12 hour format and "apply".

I can't say I like the new GUI all that much. Too much wasted space and I don't follow the logic of the way things are grouped. There's no reason that all major topic areas can't be displayed on the "Home" page rather than being split between two pages there and the gear icon. Not being able to control profiles with Sunrise/Sunset is a major downside. The schedule seems better than it used to be but still doesn't allow sunrise/sunset time to control and it leaves a little "gap" at midnight which makes the camera switch from night to day, then back again, for a minute. Dahua really needs to fix their schedule properly, once and for all.
I've got 2 words for you: progress.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I agree on the new interface, so far not a fan. It's a lot less intuitive than the old interface. Too much clicking around required.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Us oldschoolers are familiar with the old GUI so we prefer what we know LOL. The noob that this is their first cam will love this GUI lol.

I am getting better with it, but could use some work to simplify it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think newbs will have a much harder time with it over the old standby.
Personally I think so too, but they will like the modern look and that is more important to them. I mean they are coming from a glossy piece of $#!+ reolink or ring app LOL.

Look how many people complain about the BI app simply because it looks dated, yet is a functional app.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What gets me is the tendency of all the newer apps and new versions of older apps have so much wasted space on every screen. Acres of white for one or two lines and a chart or a jpg/video window. I want as much information as possible on a screen so I don't have to page through endless wasted space to find what I need. Plus, by limiting the information and each page the menu system gets miles deep just to handle a complex setting. That makes it even harder to find what you're looking for.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, man. That mini-PTZ looks sharp! I'm waiting on a SD1A404XB. It was delivered to a friend in Canada last week and he's bringing it down to me in Cuba next Friday.

But this one looks even better with the 25X zoom. And much more subtle than the usual "Death Star" type PTZ which stands out like sore thumb!

Will be ordering one as soon as it's released!