DS-7608N-E2/8P - FW 3.3.1 shall I upgrade?

Shall I upgrade?

• Yes, go ahead and upgrade

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No, you'll risk to brick your NVR

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Don't know, I don't really care what the heck you do mate!

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys do you have any Chinese hacked English serial "CCH" cameras with your NVR??

I have a mixture of Chinese hacked English and International English and want to ensure both work.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys do you have any Chinese hacked English serial "CCH" cameras with your NVR??

I have a mixture of Chinese hacked English and International English and want to ensure both work.
You do NOT need to post the same question in every thread you can find.

If you want to ensure it works buy everything from the same seller.

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Success!

I was able to update the FW on my DS-7604N-E1/4P to DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_v3.1.0_150511 via a USB stick. The original FW was V3.0.8 build 140825.

In my previous unsuccessful attempts, I had tried the modified FW from the OP, as well as NVR_(76,77,86-Ex)BL_ML_STD_V3.0.10_141126 from the European site with the language flag modified to 2 with hiktools. I suspect this is the root cause of my problems. When I issued a getHardInfo prior to the FW update, the language was set to 1, which is not consistent with a Chinese region NVR. So it was unnecessary to set the language to 2 for the new FW...

Many thanks to @alastairstevenson and @whoslooking for the valuable info in this and other threads.

I finally get to use the virtual host option in v3.1.0.:) The remaining issue is that I don't see the 8x playback that others have reported.

Last edited by a moderator:

mayfer

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Success!

Skeet, what is your language flag set to now (after the upgrade)?

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The language flag is now at 2. My AliExpress sourced DS-2CD2132 on V5.2.0 appears to work fine. Any other risk factor I should be aware of?

Regarding the playback speed issue, I'm able to go above 8x using the native gui, but not via the web gui :(

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You do NOT need to post the same question in every thread you can find.

If you want to ensure it works buy everything from the same seller.
Im trying to ensure i get the right info before i buy it..not that its any of your business so F off, and move onto the next question bozo.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just trying to help.

You have asked that same question many many times, I, Del Boy and others have given you the info you needed. Yet you still ask the same question.

With anything, there are many different variants so how can we tell for sure if it's going to work. I made a suggestion to get all your gear from the same seller so if there will be less chances of having a incompatibility issue.

In case you haven't noticed this is a forum. The information is there, you need to learn to search and read before you ask.

If you want to insult people that help you then you can fuck right off mate, don't need cunts like you around here.

Have a nice day.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just trying to help.

You have asked that same question many many times, I, Del Boy and others have given you the info you needed. Yet you still ask the same question.

With anything, there are many different variants so how can we tell for sure if it's going to work. I made a suggestion to get all your gear from the same seller so if there will be less chances of having a incompatibility issue.

In case you haven't noticed this is a forum. The information is there, you need to learn to search and read before you ask.

If you want to insult people that help you then you can fuck right off mate, don't need cunts like you around here.

Have a nice day.
Um yeah like i said above.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Insults won't encourage people to help you, the answer you have received by the other members here are correct, and the advice should be heeded.
The support they give is free be grateful.

suntha

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Thanks for this forum,I used the wrong version meant for 76808NI-E8/P,and bricked my NVR model 7604n-e/4p,I was searching through the google and landed on this wonderful site and found my tftp tool and firmware for 7608n-e8,I was almost certain this is correct ,and I reflashed it via TFTP ,it was a gamble ,I made it to work and working okay but only DHCP would not work so I need to manually add the ip address for the router,plug and play camera works okay ,but you need to use the same password as nvr,and email does not work as before ,this software does not include tlsor ssl connection ,so no problem.I am happy,I reflashed via usb stick with same software still only the DHCP would not work all other are fine including the internal NIC dhcp woks.
so I need to say a big thank you. This is my first post so if any mistakes please excuse me.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you're back up and working, now you know you can recover I would try and load up the correct firmware.

Also welcome to the forum :cool: