DO NOT UPDATE DS-2DE4A425IW-DE

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Hesham1968 When you mix match camera brand with NVR, you can have issues like you are experiencing. Best to match brands.

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Set the camera to Intrusion Detection, Draw a detection zone, setup the linkage method to trigger recording.
Then on the NVR, under the Storage Schedule Settings, set to record CONTINUOUS.
If you then get a recording, then change that CONTINUOUS to EVENT, so it only records when movement is detected in the detection zone.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After discussing the tracking issues with this camera, Hikvision sent me the attached instructions. I have followed them, with only minor improvements in tracking.
Hi @allypally

I set tracking up similar to the instructions you posted from Hikvision...

I did not configure a patrol to go from preset to preset... instead I have line crossing on other cameras with the linkage action to move the PTZ to a particular preset. I followed the instructions and at each of the PTZ presets have an intrusion detection area set to auto track.

It seems to work ok, but a couple of problems... the PTZ does not always go back and park at preset 1 as I have it configured to... I'm still checking this and it may have something to do with preset 32 (one touch park, I may have set it by accident). Also, after the PTZ is sent to a preset, it seems like it needs a few seconds before it will choose the target to track and can therefore miss.

The PTZ does not immediately stop tracking when the target stops now... that's an improvement.

Anyway, I'm still futzing with it...

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With tracking issues still prevailing on my cam I finally convinced Hikvision AU to connect to my pc remotely and take a look at my camera settings. After about 1 hr playing with the settings and a reset to default configerations they were unable to improve on the tracking issues. Eventually they gave up and said that they were going to escalate to HQ.
Will update if I hear anything further

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I yesterday followed up with our distributor who advised that Hikvision were working on new firmware for this camera in order to rectify the blatant faults.

Alfs29

n3wb
Reaction score
Any news on new firmware? Past 5.7.3 SP2 or Firmware_V5.7.3_220315
I managed to get SmartTracking back (with 5.7.3 previous build as described above) but it really works not very well.

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I returned my Cam back to the distributer with an " Unsuitable for Purpose" I received a full refund.
I was told by the distributer that Hikvision could take a long time to fix the firmware, and they actually might not even attempt to fix it.

Alfs29

n3wb
Reaction score
Bad news is that this was cheapest cam with smart tracking, next model is almost 2x price.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the release notes it does say "Remove auto-tracking functions on DE4A"
Who reads release notes lol. People suffer from OCD and think they need to be on the latest firmware....

Same with terms of anything on the net, people scroll down and select "I accept" without reading it.

dstarr

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the newest firmware from the US page to see if the auto-tracking feature is in that firmware?

The firmware is all the way on the bottom.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad I read this. I am still running on last version of 5.6 and likely not updating ever now. It's been my favorite cam even with AT working half the time and night image isn't the best

AJRGT123

n3wb
Reaction score
So... I was talking to a guy about this subject and we talked about the auto tracking being removed. and he Said it was a lawsuit issue.. But he updated to the newest firmware that was released 4 weeks ago. He said auto-tracking was back again..

If anyone as updated and is now blocked from auto tracking. Have you tried this new firmware ?

Hesham1968

n3wb
Reaction score
unfortunatlly in Italy the Hik..... support is almost not exist, I tried to contact them many times and the answer was to contact the cam retailer and refer the problem to him then the task will be forwarded to tem. And that what I did, but my retailer told me to forget to be refunded, they even didn't answered to his massege.

Very disappointed from the brand name. I will Never buy it again neither recommend