DO NOT UPDATE DS-2DE4A425IW-DE

Reaction score
Hello my fellow HikVision owners!
Just created the account here as I read your tips before and felt the need to help back.

I have a great salesman who helped me with getting my hands on a working FW with “Smart Tracking” still in the menu!

I have JUST downgraded my DS-2DE4A425IW-DE (S6) to FW 5.7.11 build 220831 from FW5.7.11 build 220905 (this one do not have tracking!)
Have attached the FW.5.7.11 build 220831 with Smart Tracking as a zip file.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
If someone have a direct contact with HikVision ask them why they release a “new” version (specs 99% same) of this camera and why we are locked out from using that new FW with new Smart Tracking algorithm…?

Mel_w

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys what is the difference in the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE and the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE(S6)
do they both have the same firmware? mine is using V5.6.12 build 190527 can i upgrade it to a newer firmware without loosing auto tracking function
regards
Mel

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys what is the difference in the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE and the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE(S6)
do they both have the same firmware? mine is using V5.6.12 build 190527 can i upgrade it to a newer firmware without loosing auto tracking function
regards
Mel
Is there a problem you are having that you know the update says it will fix? If not, don't update!

Usually the S designation implies a different chipset within the same model meaning that it will only take firmware for that chipset and trying to flash another will either do nothing or brick the camera.

Mel_w

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the reply i havent had any issues just noted that the newer firmware usually addresses security issues
i noticed this download on the hik europe site
regards
Mel

Reaction score
Anyone tested FW.5.7.11 build 220831?
Any improvements on the Auto tracking?
I have no reference to older fw but I can say that it is not perfect, far from it..
the sick part is that I’ve seen many YouTube videos where it works far better!
Feels like I will never buy HikVision cameras again if they don’t fix this, and that’s unlikely..

maxcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a great salesman who helped me with getting my hands on a working FW with “Smart Tracking” still in the menu!

I have JUST downgraded my DS-2DE4A425IW-DE (S6) to FW 5.7.11 build 220831 from FW5.7.11 build 220905 (this one do not have tracking!)
Thank you very much. I bought a new device, already having FW 5.7.11 220905 on it and I was running crazy as Smart Tracking was not in the menus.
Your posted build 220831 was the only one, which the camera accepted for downgrade and Smart Tracking is now back in the menu.
Despite the fact as others already mentioned, that it works somehow and I saw it working a lot better on some YouTube videos....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I bought a new device, already having FW 5.7.11 220905 on it and I was running crazy as Smart Tracking was not in the menus.
Your posted build 220831 was the only one, which the camera accepted for downgrade and Smart Tracking is now back in the menu.
Despite the fact as others already mentioned, that it works somehow and I saw it working a lot better on some YouTube videos....
Now turn off auto updates and resist the urge to update LOL. The next update may not allow a rollback to a version with tracking!

Reaction score
Anyone who has the new-new version?
Sliiiiightly better sensor and some other smaller updates… also runs on new FW that we can’t use that has “new and improved Auto Tracking”

liondani

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello my fellow HikVision owners!
Just created the account here as I read your tips before and felt the need to help back.

Thanks!!! It worked for me also!!! Autotracking is back but it doesn't work right... I have to say here a crazy story...

Actually I have the Annke CZ500 Ultra Camera and it all started because autotracking was not working as it should. Random focus, loosing track after 1-2 sec. and crazy behaviour in general.
So I asked help from Annke support. It took about 2 weeks Each day I replied to their email, they answerred 1-3 days later. So at first they gave me wrong instructions to hard reset the camera giving me a wrong picture with the reset button. Actually I found the right place on this forum. That didn,t changed anything. Same problems. Then they asked me to sent them some sample videos.That doesn't helped either. Then they asked me to give them passwords from the app so they check the camera.Has not helped either.Then we sheduled a meeting via teamviewer for about one hour. No luck. He gave me 2 firmware links from Annke but same problem. Then he said he will speak with his manager. I lost my pattient and I thought since I have the Annke firmware available I can safely test a Hikvision firmware. Then I lost autotracking option also.I used V5.7.12_230131_S3000478593 and Firmware__V5.7.11_220905_S3000452187 but autotracking was lost... So I said ok, let's go back to Annke firmware.... No, that was not going to work !!!! I tried to update back to Annke but I got a error message that I should seek support from Hikvision! Then I wrote an email to Annke support about the situation.... Here are the content from last emails...

Hello Henry,
Thank you again for your help,
Due my frustration that autotracking doesn't work and the fact that I had the firmware file you gave me yesterday, I tried today morning to Upgrade the firmware with this version DS-2DE4A425IW-DE(S6)
With the hope to solve the problem.The upgrade was successful but I still had not the autotracking option. So then I made the procedure again to upgrade to the firmware version you gave me. The problem is that I get now a message error and the upgrade doesn't start..... :(
Could you please give me a link with a firmware that will be installed ? Or what else can we do now?
I am sincerely looking forward for your help...
Annke's answer ....

Henry (ANNKE)

Mar 31, 2023, 18:29 GMT+8

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

If that`s the case, there is nothing we can do either. As you might know, there is a risk of flashing firmware from another brand, even our camera and Hikvision camera are very similar. There is no other way to get back to ANNKE firmware if you flash Hikvision firmware.

As for the auto tracking problem, our product manager said there will be a new version of the camera in the future. Currently, we cannot solve this problem. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Henry| Technical Support

Reaction score
I have found a Fix! You can install IPDE_E7_EN_STD_5.7.3_211208 this is a initial release of 5.7.3 and it allows you to install it, this still has the Auto Trackin!!!!!
I tried this but it will not work on mine to update. I have tried a few with no joy! I have scoured the net looking and have seen an article in a Danish cctv and they state that hikvision released another update to reinstall auto tracking but I can not find the firmware for love nor money! V5.7.3_220401.
Any help to reinstall auto tracking would be much appreciated! Thanks!

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision have new model number DS-2DE4A425IWG-E, with Smart-tracking.
Sadly although it purports to have Auto-tracking in its specs, and it is there in its menu it doesn't work.

Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Reading that review I don’t think any of us want to change from one non working camera to another… and the fact that your camera is not recording to SD card is a BIG issue.. with HikVision you at least get a picture of the perpetrator before the camera decides to follow a butterfly or something…:facepalm:
looney's sample have some problem, i will get him one later with good working one. Can refer to this one.
How to set Auto Tracking Web5.0 on SD4A425DB-HNY by EmpireTech - YouTube