DO NOT UPDATE DS-2DE4A425IW-DE

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can ask your supplier for the technical support.
I did, updated to 5.8.0 still the same and verified with supplier who checked their stock units running 5.7.4 that it doesn't work. They suggested downgrading to 5.7.1 using Batch Config but it came at the risk of bricking the PTZ - its installed in a soffit using a flush mount so PITA to remove if it dies. Bottom line doesn't work as provided by Hik regardless of what their published spec says.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reading that review I don’t think any of us want to change from one non working camera to another… and the fact that your camera is not recording to SD card is a BIG issue.. with HikVision you at least get a picture of the perpetrator before the camera decides to follow a butterfly or something…:facepalm:
As @EMPIRETECANDY said, that person received essentially a beta camera for testing. Dahua gives cameras to Andy to get tested out in real world situations so that they can fix bugs before they are sold. Because what works great in their bright lab is much different than outside in the real world. And the comments from that review resulted in firmware changes, as do the other World's First Review cameras that are reviewed here. Does your vendor have that type of relationship with Hikvision that you can suggest changes and improvements and they are acted on?

Many threads and posts regarding the mini-PTZ and how good it is. Mine records to the SD card just fine. Mine tracks just fine. Mine gets pictures and video of the perp.

Valo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision have new model number DS-2DE4A425IWG-E, with Smart-tracking.
Well, I have received last week from China the DS-2DE4A425IWG-E model, it came with FW V5.7.4 build 221130, but it doesnt have any smart tracking on PTZ submenu....
But, I don't know if previous models has a x300 digital zoom that its very powerfull, and algoritm that feels good to catch good focus.

I download last FW Firmware__V5.8.0_230519_S3000500076.zip from Hikvision site on internet, but I don't want to risk my cam...

Attachments

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I have received last week from China the DS-2DE4A425IWG-E model, it came with FW V5.7.4 build 221130, but it doesnt have any smart tracking on PTZ submenu....
But, I don't know if previous models has a x300 digital zoom that its very powerfull, and algoritm that feels good to catch good focus.

I download last FW Firmware__V5.8.0_230519_S3000500076.zip from Hikvision site on internet, but I don't want to risk my cam...
I have the UK release and updated to V5.8.0 build 230519, Auto-Tracking and all other functions appear to work now - I'd be very careful uploading western firmware on a grey china import - last i heard you end up with china language only.

You'll find smart tracking tied to the VCA section.

Reaction score
I have the UK release and updated to V5.8.0 build 230519, Auto-Tracking and all other functions appear to work now - I'd be very careful uploading western firmware on a grey china import - last i heard you end up with china language only.

You'll find smart tracking tied to the VCA section.
Hello!

I have a request (and I think I speak for everyone at this), would you mind get in contact with HikVision and ask them to modify this new FW to work with the older version of the camera and solve the problem with Auto-tracking not working!?

maybe tricking them to think you have both new and old version of the camera?

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no affiliation with Hik. From what I can tell they don't even really seem to listen to their distributors.

I'm told that that they removed auto-tracking from the non-Acusense version of this camera as the gears are very small and they were wearing out prematurely. With auto-tracking being linked to Acusense VCA functions they've reintroduced the feature to the newer version of the camera/chassis as the wear rate will be less.

mark33885

n3wb
Reaction score
hi do you have the link for v5.8? the latest i see on there website is 5.7.11

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if firmware is the same for DS-2DE4A425IWG-E and DS-2DE4A425IW-DE. Edit: Nope doesn't update IW-DE

scuzzie2k

n3wb
Reaction score
I have both the DS-2DE4A425IWG-E and DS-2DE4A425IW-DE, the DE smart tracking on 5.7.11 is crap! The smart tracking on the E is brilliant! I wish they would let us install the D firmware on the DE.

Bob Hsu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are some differences in hardware between DS-2DE4A425IWG-E (new model) and DS-2DE4A425IW-DE (old model), of course, the firmware are not universal for them.

Reaction score
I just sourced a used DS-2DE4A425IW-DE locally
It appears to have very old firmware - live view is not available in Chrome, even with the Hikvision plugin. I have to use the IE Tab extension. And by God, is the image crisp!

Below are my version and the PTZ menu - thinking of upgrading to Brink_of_Sweden's earlier post firmware. I am among the ones that do not have Smart Tracking in the menus (according to where this Youtube video notes it should be)

Do you think I should?

My version

View attachment 176359
1698524176039.png

Attachments

Reaction score
I just sourced a used DS-2DE4A425IW-DE locally
It appears to have very old firmware - live view is not available in Chrome, even with the Hikvision plugin. I have to use the IE Tab extension. And by God, is the image crisp!

Below are my version and the PTZ menu - thinking of upgrading to Brink_of_Sweden's earlier post firmware. I am among the ones that do not have Smart Tracking in the menus (according to where this Youtube video notes it should be)

Do you think I should?
Well the “Auto-tracking” is somewhat working but far from perfect and heck I don’t even know if it is me who have tuned it incorrectly (my fist PTZ), and I have hade some instance where it successfully tracked a person and dog for a longer time but that person had a reflective jacket so I don’t count that as a winn.. :-/

would be nice if we hade someone who works with installing this PTZ that would share some info…

and if you search the Tube you’ll see that “Nelly’s Security” sells this camera under different name and they seems to got it to work…

Reaction score
Thanks Brink_of_Sweden!

This is useful info - the video seems easy to follow. I'm still deciding about biting the bullet by going for the firmware update and risking bricking the camera.

Did you set up yours the same?

Also, the camera in the video, albeit following the same principle, is much smaller than the one I have - mine is a CHONKY boy like in the pic below (approx 31 cm tall, 15 wide and a whopping 2.6kg).
Hikvision updated the lineup and the same product code now shows a much smaller one, most likely the latest version.

1698526978071.png

Reaction score
Thanks Brink_of_Sweden!

This is useful info - the video seems easy to follow. I'm still deciding about biting the bullet by going for the firmware update and risking bricking the camera.

Did you set up yours the same?

Also, the camera in the video, albeit following the same principle, is much smaller than the one I have - mine is a CHONKY boy like in the pic below (approx 31 cm tall, 15 wide and a whopping 2.6kg).
Hikvision updated the lineup and the same product code now shows a much smaller one, most likely the latest version.
I’m not sure they use the same FW..

I did not copy - past the setup..

+I think I would spend some more time reading into it and do it again…maybe I missed something…

this tread is for the small PTZ in the video (model name is in earlier posts..)

DanilB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to All,
i have your same issue on 2 cameras HIKVISION DS-2DE7A432IW-AEB, i bought this for the zoom and the autotracking function but this last is not working.
I have the firmware V5.8.0 BUILD 230519 and auto traking is missed in ptz menu, i only found the tracking linkage option under the smart event, but it is not working even if the event is right configured because i have the flashing alarm working.
Any suggestion about the firmware to use?

thank you,

Danilo

DanilB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
hope it can be useful for other forum member.
I managed to set up auto tracking via the batch configurator with the current firmware ( V5.8.0 BUILD 230519), it's certainly not as convenient as the web interface, but at least it works.

I attach a screenshot to demonstrate, I hope it is also useful with other models

Danilo

Attachments

Reaction score
Thank you for the update, very useful!
I am on the Hikvision portal, looking at this firmware, but it shows a different build - V5.8.0_221108 - see below screenshot.

Is this the one you downloaded?

1699726143548.png