Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Version tab from Dahua interface
Cam firmwares Dahua.jpg

randy

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Totally confused, it appears your SW ver is older than what I have, but your PTZ ver is newer than what I have even though the camera says its up to date.

Reaction score
dwfj, post #182 in this thread solved the problem for me. Essentially, had to use admin/admin as the user/Password combo on the "Network IP camera configuration". This is even though I changed the admin password to something else.
This my camera's software which is what it shipped with over a year ago: upload_2018-8-7_23-28-15.png

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was playing around with the camera settings last night and noticed a separate tab for the ONVIF account. When I changed those creds and did the 'find/inspect' , the return came back fully populated and now PTZ works ok. Exactly as posted in #182.
This camera replaced a DH-SD29A204SN-GN. That unit did not have any way to change the ONVIF creds, so the only way it would connect to BI was using admin,admin. (I didn't know at the time why that was so). That always bothered me, wondering if there were other backdoor combinations that could also be used to gain access (similar to what @nayr has talked about). I think the username/password setup in BI should be documented more clearly, or maybe it is, but I didn't understand it.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad you got it going dwfj. thanks for followup info.

randy

lcoulon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I consider buying this camera to identify people and read plates at approx. 80 meters ahead.

Do you confirm this model should be a good choice ?

For night visions at x25 full zoom , should i need to add an extra IR canon or it should not be usefull ?

Thank you for advices and your experience on that one.
Regards,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I consider buying this camera to identify people and read plates at approx. 80 meters ahead.

For night visions at x25 full zoom , should i need to add an extra IR canon or it should not be usefull ?

Regards,
Please see the LPR subject area of this forum. License plate capture is an art.

lcoulon

n3wb
Reaction score
Will do, but i don't want to use LPR with this camera i just want to visualize plates ( not list / capture them )

What do you think about the need to use and extra IR source with this camera when zooming at x25 , would it help to have one or camera sensibility should be enough ?

Thanks for your comments and help,

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Regards,
OK, so I grabbed an image from the cam when zoomed out, then another one zoomed in on the car across the street, both using available light

Attachments

lcoulon

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you dwfj

I would say the car in the picture you sent is at approx. maximum 30m far from the camera, resolution is not so bad.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I know, that domes are not recommended for outside, but if it is under the roof out of direct sunlight, it should be OK?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of the reasons that domes and not recommended for outside use are mainly three reasons..

1) Sun glare onto the dome
2) Water droplets cause reflection on the dome.
3) Direct sunlight dome causes discolouration (bit like warn front headlight glass that turns yellow)

If your cameras are away from sunlight and rain drops you will be fine to use them outside.

*EDIT for wrong number

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that. In Los Angeles is not much rain, but we have a lot of sunshine. So, glare would be my main concern.
I'm considering a PTZ camera, but this one won't fit under my roof(+ the above issues), there is not enough depth and SD49225T-HN is huge.

darrenph1

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So i have some presets set up for the camera to go to at specific times. Today I just wanted to watch preset 4 all day. I turned off idle time, and I turned off the schedule but no matter what it always resets to preset 1. I even set preset 4 as the reboot goto and restarted both the camera and PTZ. It still ends up on preset 1... Anyone else having issues with this?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So i have some presets set up for the camera to go to at specific times. Today I just wanted to watch preset 4 all day. I turned off idle time, and I turned off the schedule but no matter what it always resets to preset 1. I even set preset 4 as the reboot goto and restarted both the camera and PTZ. It still ends up on preset 1... Anyone else having issues with this?
You might want to set the cam to factory defaults and start over fresh.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
can someone provide me with the latest firmware, trying to unbricked my cam using the serial method.
any help would be much appreciated.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is this still the BEST Mini PTZ available in 2023 that has Auto-Tracking?