Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

fishtek

n3wb
Reaction score
hey @f13dfx Found a few youtube videos where people (and some from Dahua themselves) configure IVS. Some have a slightly different UI (presumably different versions of the firmware or various features for each model). This is the closest to what I currently have for the sd52c225u.

However what I actually ran into was a browser issue. I was using chrome on my linux box and after drawing and then right clicking to complete the shape, I would get the "error draw rule" message as well. Apparently you can install a chrome extension called ie tab, however what I ended up doing was using my windows box and internet explorer and installing the dahua plugin on that. Once I did that I could complete the IVS drawings without issue.

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey @f13dfx Found a few youtube videos where people (and some from Dahua themselves) configure IVS. Some have a slightly different UI (presumably different versions of the firmware or various features for each model). This is the closest to what I currently have for the sd52c225u.

However what I actually ran into was a browser issue. I was using chrome on my linux box and after drawing and then right clicking to complete the shape, I would get the "error draw rule" message as well. Apparently you can install a chrome extension called ie tab, however what I ended up doing was using my windows box and internet explorer and installing the dahua plugin on that. Once I did that I could complete the IVS drawings without issue.
Ok thanks fishtek! I'll give it a try tonight & report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks fishtek! I'll give it a try tonight & report back

fishtek:

OK it worked! Was able to set 2 Tripwire Rules. Now is anyone using these in conjunction with Blue Iris? What settings do have on Blue Iris to record these Rule Events.

Currently I don't have a Micro SD memory card installed. Should I install one to record these Rule Events. Ideally what GB capacity should I buy (ie. Samsung EVO 256GB)?

IPDaily

n3wb
Reaction score
From reading the cliff notes (found under the Wiki at the top of this page) it looks like Dahua smart events (aka IVS events) can’t be used to trigger Blue Iris, at least not the newer firmware.

I am yet to take delivery of mine, but I would assume basic motion alerts can be detected by Blue Iris, or you could just use Blue Iris’s own motion detection. I plan to just records 24/7 anyway and just have BI trigger alerts when motion is detected.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is how I setup my Auto-Tracking for now. See screen caps of IVS Rule 1 in my Dahua PTZ and Record setting based on any movement in HotSpot area on Blue Iris. Anyone care to comment?

Dahua PTZ.PNG Blue Iris.PNG

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are your operating temperatures for this camera compared to the ambient temperature? Just doing a survey. Mine is in a wooden enclosure which I built underneath the 2nd floor eave. It's 17°C outside & my camera's at 27°C!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are your operating temperatures for this camera compared to the ambient temperature? Just doing a survey. Mine is in a wooden enclosure which I built underneath the 2nd floor eave. It's 17°C outside & my camera's at 27°C!

Sounds about right, my PTZ brother to this runs in that neighbor hood and higher when the IR is on.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi - I have purchased a SD52C225U - runs great - i was thinking about adding another one but its gone from the Dahua website - did they stop selling it - is it EOL already?

Any suggestions for a replacement or something with a higher resolution?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is it silly to get another one of this model vs buying something newer? I need another camera - I have a Sunba 601 which I am thinking of dumping in favor of the auto tracking functionality of the SD52C225. Its not perfect but does a decent job.

The price jump from 2mp to 4mp is pretty extreme. Any advice or thoughts?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So is it silly to get another one of this model vs buying something newer? I need another camera - I have a Sunba 601 which I am thinking of dumping in favor of the auto tracking functionality of the SD52C225. Its not perfect but does a decent job.

The price jump from 2mp to 4mp is pretty extreme. Any advice or thoughts?
The 4mp will have worse night time vision, there isn't anything newer, yet.
I'd stick with what you are happy with.
But typically more fixed cams, are better than an PTZ. PTZ has a high chance of looking the wrong way when something happens.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What's a good way to mount this if you don't have a hollow space above a soffit? Is there any enclosure we can make to mount to an eave or against siding material?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
My soffits are only 4-5 inches in width. Though like your custom mount, looks like this model won’t work for me

Any way to mount this flush against the wall with a 7” protrusion, not sticking out too far?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What version of PTZ firmware is recommended for this camera? I am using PTZ Version3.04.5.RHNP_170613_22963 ( with System Version2.622.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2017-12-28 )

It works well but can be a little flakey with things like changing Alarm Track Track Time to anything other than the default 30 seconds.

Last edited:

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nayr or anyone else feeding this camera into BI? I can't get BI to perform the PTZ functions. PTZ works ok in camera using IE. I set config using Find/inspect, it came back with RTSP port 554, ONVIF 80. PTZ/Control set to Network IP:ONVIF. Anyone have any clues I would sure appreciate it!IMG-3489.jpg

Last edited:

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These settings are working for me.
blue iris cam settings.jpg

Full path: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These settings are working for me.
View attachment 32133

Full path: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Thanks for the quick reply. I had nothing in the path, don't know why it wasn't populated. Tried what you have and now it won't connect, error 80000007a (check port/user/password).