Dahua Starlight 40x PTZ - SD6AE240V-HNI

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried putting it on it's own switch not connected to the internet, tried direct to NVR and direct to PC all with the same results.

Kells

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have video of the noise this camera makes when moving? I noticed the SD59 was pretty loud, does this have the same noise, or is it quieter? Any video examples would be great if someone has time. Thanks in advance!

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thought I would share the commercial quality build of this camera. 285 days in service. Tracks every vehicle that comes down the street in that time. No auto day/night. I've forced day/color mode because I have plenty of ambient light and the F1.2 lens is so fast. 86,000+ pans and still works, sounds and performs like the day I installed it.

SD

SD6AE240 Life Stats.jpg

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Around ~$1000 USD from Andy. Worth every penny. :)

You know I've seen them locally for more than $3,000 AUD. One shop was double that again.....

Last edited:

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What was the landed price for you pinko, given you're in Australia? Andy seems to get the cameras to avoid the aussie gst quite nicely :p

Mats Frost

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the statistics.
The strange thing is that I cannot see my statistics anymore. Don't know when I lost it, but probably with an update. Please see attached pictures.
Anyone recognizes this?

The software versions are really confusing, but I think I have chosen the correct ones.
Anyone who has seen any newer software for the SD6AE240V-HNI than:
System version: 2.800.0000000.11.R, Build Date: 2019-10-30
PTZ Version: 2.301.0000000.21.RHNS_190529_32250

I have been in contact with Dahua support regarding some feature requests and asked for newer software, but it does not seem anyone care about these old cameras any more unfortunately.
I would really like to see a fix for the missing "PTZ action" under the IVS event rules. I beleive this is a bug. It does not make sense that it is missing there. It should work like in Motion Detection.

Cheers
/Mats

1633455357066.png

1633455377739.png

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Most of my Stats were lost/reset a little while ago.
The note-worthy stats that remain:
7.6 Million Focus motor Direction Switches
19 Million Iris switch times

This is still my favorite PTZ. It has been super reliable and has a beautiful image day and night. My only regret is that more people didn't buy this model...

Mats Frost

n3wb
Reaction score
DH_SD-Chen-Nova_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.801.0000000Z.0.R.210926.zip

This model has a new fw. Maybe get one to try?
Thank you for posting this Andy.
I did not see that software on October 5th, and now I also noticed that the camera finally is EOL.

The software update did however not bring back the Life Statistics information, and they had not fixed the IVS PTZ control.

Mats Frost

n3wb
Reaction score
By the way, regarding what I wrote about the missing IVS PTZ control, maybe I should explain myself:

I have the camera preset so that I can monitor any movement on a nearby road. The problem is that I cannot see the license plates from that angle, so when a vheicle passes by in a certain direction I would then like to pan and zoom the camera to a location further down that road, where the license plates would be visible.
The problem is that there are no such PTZ function in the IVS. Which is completely bizarre, because if there is one place to have it, it would be there. Instead you can find in under almost all the other types of Events.
One could think that the "Video Detection" event could be used instead here, but it is not working, because the trigger area will remain after the PTZ action, so the camera will keep living its own life after that. So that function is completely useless for this.

I assume that I am not the only one that would like to use the camera in this way, so I cannot understand that Dahua has not fixed this. Could it be for some commercial reasons?! Not competing with its newer cameras?

Has anyone figured out a way to solve this problem?
Any ideas are appreciated
Thanks
/Mats

IVS.png

Video Detection.png