Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought I'd put this link here since it doesn't look like it showed up as a new thread. Maybe someone has some detailed answers to some basic questions.

Tombstonex

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive been lurking in the background since getting into alarm security and camera installations for a local company. After installing a couple hikvision cameras and blue iris for my own house on i started to fall down the rabbit hole. Mostly exploring the forums in the background, as most things chave already been asked before,

After a break in with video footage around my property that wasnt very usefull i decided to beef up my security. I went onto Ebay and purchased a lot of 20 4MP Dahua IPC-HDBW4431E-ASE and a SD49225XA-hnr. I initially purchased the SD49225XA-hnr after watching numerious reviews and setup videos of this model. I esspecially liked the concept of the auto tracking feature. Little did i know the model purchased was already upgraded past this feature.

So i decided to finally register and ask for some help. would someone be able to send me a working firmware for the autotracking?

tom.b.stone.x@gmail.com

I have:
SD49225XA-hnr

System Version: 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24
WEB Version: 3.2.1.662493
ONVIF Version: 16.12(V2.4.3.580229)
PTZ Version: 3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722
S/N: 5I09F9HBG2A6346
Safe Baseline Version: V1.3

Reaction score
Im happy with the outcome so far. All my areas are well lit.

No the seller was ocean*wave
The proof is in the VIDEO--- any cam can produce really great still pics. Having 4mp on a 1/3 sensor is not usually a good combo because they require so much light to get good video at shorter shutter speeds-- the "standard" is the 5442 series cams with 4mp on a 1/1.8 sensor. I have some cheaper cams with the 1/3 or 1/2.8 sensor-- actually have more of those than good cams, and they just don't compare, but they were cheap. The BEST picture quality is my 2mp ptz from this thread, but my 1/1.8 sensor cams are awesome.

That said--- if they work for you, AND you have good video from them, then so be it. :cool: :thumb:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like all default/auto settings to me. Motion is where you see the limitations. Let's see video of a person or car moving by.

Tombstonex

n3wb
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it fails then that means you have a device that is not compatible with the firmware.

Tombstonex

n3wb
Reaction score
If it fails then that means you have a device that is not compatible with the firmware.
Well that sucks. It shows as an upgrade occured, but the firmware never changed obviously.
Guess ill start looking for another version of the camera and ditch this one.

how old would the camera need to be to be old tracking style?

Total Working Time: 1012day(s)17hour(s)0minute(s)
Upgrade Times: 2
Last Upgrade Date: 2023-04-16 13:31:54

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So your build date shows November 2018, so this is probably the PTZ that came out prior to the version with autotracking. Yes they are sometimes lazy and use the same model name.

It was mid-late 2019 that the autotracking version came out and then sometime late 2020 is when Dahua removed autotracking. But some of the prior models could accept the firmware.

So it is a complete crapshoot on purchasing an older 49225 if it is capable or not.

But with that said, your cut/paste above shows it was last upgraded two days ago, so how do you know the firmware didn't magically take?

There is not an autotrack button or tab in the GUI. It is subtle.

It is part of the setup.

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab. The Dahua PTZs need Internet Explorer or your track time will default to 15 seconds regardless what you put in.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1670008525943.png

If you do not have the above screen with the Tracking Target Size, then you have a version without autotrack.

Tombstonex

n3wb
Reaction score
So your build date shows November 2018, so this is probably the PTZ that came out prior to the version with autotracking. Yes they are sometimes lazy and use the same model name.

It was mid-late 2019 that the autotracking version came out and then sometime late 2020 is when Dahua removed autotracking. But some of the prior models could accept the firmware.

So it is a complete crapshoot on purchasing an older 49225 if it is capable or not.

But with that said, your cut/paste above shows it was last upgraded two days ago, so how do you know the firmware didn't magically take?

There is not an autotrack button or tab in the GUI. It is subtle.

It is part of the setup.

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab. The Dahua PTZs need Internet Explorer or your track time will default to 15 seconds regardless what you put in.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1670008525943.png

If you do not have the above screen with the Tracking Target Size, then you have a version without autotrack.

I definetly dont have the settings, is a factory reset required after the firmware to see any of the changes? in my smart plan it only shows IVS, not Deep IVS.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, best practice is to factory reset 3 times, then apply the firmware, and then factory reset 3 more times.

It seems weird and like wearing a tin hat LOL, but folks that have been able to "look under the hood" at the firmware have said it takes a couple resets before and after for it to take.

What firmware does it show now after it says it updated?

Tombstonex

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, best practice is to factory reset 3 times, then apply the firmware, and then factory reset 3 more times.

It seems weird and like wearing a tin hat LOL, but folks that have been able to "look under the hood" at the firmware have said it takes a couple resets before and after for it to take.

What firmware does it show now after it says it updated?
I just did the factory reset 3x, then tried the update and again received error message of "Bad file format! Some functions have been closed, rebootdevice now?"

rebooted and 3x more factory defaults.

obviously not the version i wanted to buy.

Showing the same info as before.

System Version: 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24
WEB Version: 3.2.1.662493
ONVIF Version: 16.12(V2.4.3.580229)
PTZ Version: 3.02.93.RHNZ_170518_22722
S/N: 5I09F9HBG2A6346
Safe Baseline Version: V1.3

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bummer. Yep looks like you have one that doesn't have the chipset to take autotracking.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That is strange, the PTZ too old, maybe the chips not support if you make hard reset and camera still not accept the fw. This model has lots of version, just 1 version can use that autotracking fw.

Tombstonex

n3wb
Reaction score
That is strange, the PTZ too old, maybe the chips not support if you make hard reset and camera still not accept the fw. This model has lots of version, just 1 version can use that autotracking fw.
Ive opened up the unit inside the reset cover, along the side there is a model .

It lists this as a CA-HZ2025T-S2

is this even the proper camera version? maybe i was sold the wrong model mistakenly by the seller.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt it was by mistake. Post pics of the camera