Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

Reaction score
If you contribute 10 genuine posts to the forum I will send you it :)
Whelp, I'm a freshy Dahua owner trying to figure thisi all out. from what I can tell you seem to be the expert.

PTZ1A225-HNR-XA -- Am I understanding this correctly... The only way you can do auto track is when it' in tour mode and you have configured an IVS rule to trigger autotracking? Am I not supposed to have the live AI tab? It's really hard as a new person to this to begin to understand this. . I have some serious experience with IT and could trade networking\storage\server assistance in exchange for a brain dump or good pointer finger towards a well written page. I've spent the last week sort of cruising these forums and I still feel very confused. I've ended up having to flash my camera twice from a chip clip.. I am glad that they are so easily fixable.

My email is serendipity@volt-xoccula.com. I would say that I could contribute 10 genuine posts to the forum instead of begging my first one... but it would be disingenuous. I would end up just closing my eyes picking a random link and just wordvomiting onto a couple posts. I don't know if I will really be sticking around much. I am planning on replacing the CCD in my system with a MUCH nicer one.. I really only bought it for the chassis, I can promise that in the next ~3 months when I have the money together for an 8mp I will create a post showing step my step pictures of creating a Frankenstein wall-e camera on here. if you could provide some pointers .ect

Thanks,
-Seren

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whelp, I'm a freshy Dahua owner trying to figure thisi all out. from what I can tell you seem to be the expert.

PTZ1A225-HNR-XA -- Am I understanding this correctly... The only way you can do auto track is when it' in tour mode and you have configured an IVS rule to trigger autotracking? Am I not supposed to have the live AI tab? It's really hard as a new person to this to begin to understand this. . I have some serious experience with IT and could trade networking\storage\server assistance in exchange for a brain dump or good pointer finger towards a well written page. I've spent the last week sort of cruising these forums and I still feel very confused. I've ended up having to flash my camera twice from a chip clip.. I am glad that they are so easily fixable.

My email is serendipity@volt-xoccula.com. I would say that I could contribute 10 genuine posts to the forum instead of begging my first one... but it would be disingenuous. I would end up just closing my eyes picking a random link and just wordvomiting onto a couple posts. I don't know if I will really be sticking around much. I am planning on replacing the CCD in my system with a MUCH nicer one.. I really only bought it for the chassis, I can promise that in the next ~3 months when I have the money together for an 8mp I will create a post showing step my step pictures of creating a Frankenstein wall-e camera on here. if you could provide some pointers .ect

Thanks,
-Seren

No the PTZ does not need to be in tour mode. In fact you don't want to because they are only rated for so many cycles and you could hit that in two years on constant patrol.

Yes you need IVS. Here is the quick and dirty:

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1666414898250.png

And then follow this thread on how to setup spotter cams if you have enough cameras and the system to do so, which is superior to the PTZ being on patrol:

drjvar

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm new in this forum and i look at all posts so i can't use auto tracking with is firmware

somebody can help me i want use auto tracking.

anybody can send firmware which using auto tracking sewa_res@hotmail.com

then i think i will learn a lot of thing in this site. if i could use autotracking i never find this site :)

Device TypeSD49225XA-HNR-S2
System VersionV2.812.0000014.0.R, Build Date: 2022-07-23
WEB VersionV3.2.1.1277125.L5.252b.UN.NR
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1235054)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642
S/N8A07306PAJ52E59
Algorithm Version1.0.2
Security Baseline VersionV2.1
Copyright 2022, all rights reserved.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi…

Done my homework and read every page in this topic.
I’vê installed the AT firmware over web GUI with IE. Still couldn’t get the AT function.
Could someone help or my camera isn’t compatible?
There is not a button for AT. It is part of the setup.

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab. The Dahua PTZs need Internet Explorer or your track time will default to 15 seconds regardless what you put in.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1670008525943.png

If you do not have the above screen with the Tracking Target Size, then you have a version without autotrack.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi…

Done my homework and read every page in this topic.
I’vê installed the AT firmware over web GUI with IE. Still couldn’t get the AT function.
Could someone help or my camera isn’t compatible?
I can jump on your PC if you want via Teamviewer and set this up for you if it helps just PM me your User/Pass

V_Pedroso

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab. The Dahua PTZs need Internet Explorer or your track time will default to 15 seconds regardless what you put in.
Done everything like you've wrote

V_Pedroso

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes he does! For future reference, what was the issue so that we can hopefully help someone else out in the future?
oh, right.

You all should recommend, after the firmware flash, a factory reset.
In my case, the Smart Plan and Deep IVS doesn't show up in PTZ functions. After factory reset, all came up and just dial your configs on Deep IVS

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh, right.

You all should recommend, after the firmware flash, a factory reset.
In my case, the Smart Plan and Deep IVS doesn't show up in PTZ functions. After factory reset, all came up and just dial your configs on Deep IVS

Thanks
That was simple.

Actually, we recommend 3 factory resets, firmware flash, followed by 3 factory resets and set up camera from scratch and not import settings!

V_Pedroso

n3wb
Reaction score
There is not a button for AT. It is part of the setup.

Leave min size as 0,0

1670008525943.png

If you do not have the above screen with the Tracking Target Size, then you have a version without autotrack.
Up, in that list, step by step.
Include, "After a firmware flash, do a factory reset and build the config from scratch"

:D

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Up, in that list, step by step.
Include, "After a firmware flash, do a factory reset and build the config from scratch"

:D
My directions weren't for after a firmware flash LOL. It was for a camera that already came with the proper firmware LOL.