Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

sadikhov

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to ljw2k for the firmware. I've installed it on the new model DH-SD49425XBN-HNR. Auto-Tracking works now but somehow some settings are missing. like the RTMP under network.

Device TypeDH-SD49425XBN-HNR
System VersionV2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR,
Build Date: 2020-03-12F
WEB VersionV3.2.1.819501
ONVIF Version18.12(V2.4.5.729857
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, no problem at all and happy to help. First thing and most important is NEVER pay for firmware as I know some people want to charge you for it which is unacceptable and greedy. Always use the search function on the forum and you can find most things from Genuine people who are here to help.

In regards to your problem above - make sure you use IE ( Internet Explorer ) when making or doing any changes for the camera as other browsers will not work.

wikzor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, been lurking for a while and finally decided to get a PTZ as a test.
Sadly import taxes & customs made it very expensive to buy from Andy, but I found a semi old (manufactured 2021-04) sd49225 on ebay that I'm hoping is possible to enable auto tracking on:

Device Type DH-SD49225XA-HNR
System Version V2.810.0000017.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-11-23
WEB Version V3.2.1.984015
ONVIF Version 19.12(V2.8.0.923968)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

Would anyone be kind enough to share the AT-firmware? All links are dead and haven't been able to find anything useful in other places either.

wikzor

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, holy crap, you guys are fast!
Thank you so much! - firmware up(down)-grade went smooth. Now I'll just have to figure out how to get this to play nice with my hikvision nvr :)

Once again, thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster!

Can I ask if there are both options (same price) between the previous and S2 version which is the better model especially for auto tracking?
The S2 version does not have autotracking on it as it was the newer chipset and you will probably brick the PTZ if you try to load autotracking on it.

Dahua removed autotracking from this camera not too long after its release, so anything S2 will not take the autotracking firmware.

People with the original chipset though have been able to successfully load an autotracking firmware to it.

So if you want autotracking you need to find an old one, and in particular one that already has autotracking on it. AND THEN DO NOT UPDATE OR YOU WILL LOSE AUTOTRACKING!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks! Other than that does the S2 version have any actual benefits over the previous (auto tracking) version?

Yes, the S2 version does not have autotracking on it as it was the newer chipset and you will probably brick the PTZ if you try to load autotracking on it.

Dahua removed autotracking from this camera not too long after its release, so anything S2 will not take the autotracking firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! Other than that does the S2 version have any actual benefits over the previous (auto tracking) version?
None, it is simply a different chipset due to the chip crisis and not able to get the original one. It may have marginally better image, but no new features, and certainly not enough of a difference that I would get the S2 over an autotracking version.

Reaction score
I was super excited since the seller listed the model as HNR but lo and behold it looks like I got the S2 version. Just got it delivered today and the first thing I did was check the version.

Looks like it's not going to be worth trying to do the the upgrade?

None, it is simply a different chipset due to the chip crisis and not able to get the original one. It may have marginally better image, but no new features, and certainly not enough of a difference that I would get the S2 over an autotracking version.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was super excited since the seller listed the model as HNR but lo and behold it looks like I got the S2 version. Just got it delivered today and the first thing I did was check the version.

Looks like it's not going to be worth trying to do the the upgrade?
You could be the test for the group and see if you brick it or if it takes it LOL (all at your own risk and expense)

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol have we had any reports of the S2s being bricked? If not :rolleyes::banghead:
I don't think so, but Andy himself has stated that it won't work. I'm going to trust his knowledge of the situation given his close working relationship with Dahua. Plus it would be in his best interest if it did work, so the fact he says it won't speaks volumes IMHO.