Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise and have IE on both.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been using an NVR5216-16P-4FS2 for a few weeks now. I've set the monitor to 1920x1080 but yet I'm still missing the edges on my screen when viewing the OSD with an HDMI wire. I was able to rectify by changing the television from 16:9 to "fit screen" but then when I switch input back to HDMI 2 for my television (television is NTSC 60hz) my set top box doesn't display properly. While I realize I could go back and forth adjusting the picture settings each time I switch back and forth, I figured I'd ask if anyone out there experienced the same situation and how your solved it. Thank you for your valued input.

Last edited:

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See if you TV has a setting for overscan. Some TVs call it different names, but basically in the old analog days TVs did not show the entire picture to allow for the imperfection of analog and the fact that there wa some info in the edges of the screen if I recall. As TVs went digital this was less an issue, but many TVs still had a setting for this and usually default to overscan. If you look on Netflix or YouTube you can find various TV test patterns that will allow you to see if you have overscan enabled.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise and have IE on both.
I dont have IE on my Windows 10 Pro and still cant view through google plugin. Also cant get email to work. never should have upgraded the firmware:angry:

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't ask me how, but I clicked on an email that wanted to open in my browser, clicked and there was IE for Windows 10 and I opened up my NVR and yes all camera feeds there, thanks for all the efforts.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
since installing 3.215.0000000.3, Build Date: 2017-12-11 i can't seem to log into the GUI for the cameras. I go to registration, select a camera and the web page pops up, try to log in and it shows "login overtime" everytime. Any one else having this issue?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
since installing 3.215.0000000.3, Build Date: 2017-12-11 i can't seem to log into the GUI for the cameras. I go to registration, select a camera and the web page pops up, try to log in and it shows "login overtime" everytime. Any one else having this issue?
Anytime I've seen this, clearing your browser cache / cookies has fixed the issue for me

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Searched the manual but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me what this red person means next to the camera named "side" on the pic I attached. Is it telling me that it is detecting motion? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How loud are the POE NVR's really? If they are in one room with the door closed, will I hear it in another room with the door open, across the corridor, in the quiet of the night?

Thanks.

Last edited:

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A side note - I can confirm that the Lorex NR9163 is an OEM (US market) Duaha NVR5216-16P-4KS2 - but, the firmware is crippled with a number of functions removed like IVS. On the plus side - I can also confirm that Dahua firmware can be cross-flashed onto one using the serial console (it will not work using the web UI).

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How loud are the POE NVR's really? If they are in one room with the door closed, will I hear it in another room with the door open, across the corridor, in the quiet of the night?

Thanks.
I just got the NVR5416-16P-4KS2E NVR installed. It is loud. I haven't heard a device this loud since maybe a PC from 1999.

I have it in the living room, and I can still hear it if I go to other rooms downstairs.

Also, I have a desktop; plasma TV, Tivo DVR, APC battery backup, all in the living room too, and those noise levels never bothered me. I could barely hear those if I was 12 feet away.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a Hikvision NVR that was also super loud. The 5216-4ks2 is fairly quiet thanks to its fanless external power brick. There's a pretty solid trend that if the NVR has built-in POE, it's loud. Too bad the manufacturers don't consider the noise level as one of their important design characteristics.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a Hikvision NVR that was also super loud. The 5216-4ks2 is fairly quiet thanks to its fanless external power brick. There's a pretty solid trend that if the NVR has built-in POE, it's loud. Too bad the manufacturers don't consider the noise level as one of their important design characteristics.
So would the setup be quieter if the NVR didn't have built-in POE, but was connected to an external POE switch?

Are there any tips to make the NVR quieter? Can I put a towel over it or something?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So would the setup be quieter if the NVR didn't have built-in POE, but was connected to an external POE switch?

Are there any tips to make the NVR quieter? Can I put a towel over it or something?
The NVR need fan to cool it, or else it's very easy to fail. Better use a cabinet to lock it, this is fine. or put at a remote room.

nuraman00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR need fan to cool it, or else it's very easy to fail. Better use a cabinet to lock it, this is fine. or put at a remote room.
I guess I'll think about this next time. Right now, my TV stand doesn't have a cabinet, it's open. I like that because it makes it easy to access the cables in the back, for any devices.

But, if I ever change furniture, I'll think about getting something with a cabinet for the NVR. I would have to see the overall design, and see if it can fit the devices that I want it to.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

I mentioned the no-poe 5216-4ks2 specifically because I don't know how noisy the no-poe 5416 is. More specifically, my observation is that the high noise level is associated with the fan for the built-in power supply, which AFAIK applies to all nvrs with built-in poe. If the no-poe 5416 has a built in power supply I'd expect it to also be noisy. Switch-wise, some are horribly noisy, and some are fanless. I've noticed fanless switches up to about 8 ports. More ports than that, and there's the risk of a high noise level.

There have been posts from people replacing their nvr fans with quieter ones. There's usually an airflow reduction that goes along with a quieter fan.