Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

4gvnsnr

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the cheapest starlight camera is for exterior use? Don’t need audio or anything just good night time picture quality.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the cheapest starlight camera is for exterior use? Don’t need audio or anything just good night time picture quality.
What will be the purpose of the camera you are looking for ?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I noticed that all links to empiretech amazon or aliexpress is gone. Anyone know what's up?
Andy explained about this in this post

condor11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I've been using a bunch of IPC-HDW5231R-Z I bought 4 years ago. They all have been great! Looking to get a few more cams, turret and same (or better image quality, varifocals). What are the equivalent models these days, as I think that model is not available anymore?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of my old Starlights bricked today updating FW. What's the newest startlight/ low light cams everyone is raving about? I hate losing this one.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have a favorite turret camera? Something that would feel like a stepup from the old Dahua 2mp starlights?

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should really look at the PDF I posted above.
I looked at the PDF, but it seemed like the turret models reviewed and linked that would be what I was looking for are either NLA (at the alibaba links in the reviews), NLA in the US, or out of date. Trying to find a starlight replacement for a IPC-HDW4300C that has built-in mic audio sent over the ethernet (instead of having to run another line for the mic). The 4300C we have now will not transmit motion triggers to Apple Homekit for some reason (using the ONVIF AHK supports). I'm assuming it's because the firmware is from 2014.

EDIT: Looks like the IPC-T5442TM-AS from the IPCAMTALK store may fit the bill. Only question now is which lens is best for a semi-enclosed porch, although the low-light performance seems not super great.

Last edited: