Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't worry about the camera restarting. But It bothers me that the NVR stops recording. Late last night I set up an event in PSS to send me an email when device goes off line but it hasn't worked and it passed the test and sent me an email. And just now I added to get email if I have video loss.. I guess I will try reinstalling PSS and the NVR. I noticed on the 13th that the PSS controls are not working. But since I can control them with the config UI I have to assume the issue is with PSS right? . This camera problems have consumed me. It has taken over my life.
Anyway, here's a screen capture from today. Even though it shows recording until 11:55, at 11:28 while watching recording it auto jumps to 1:11 when I unplugged cable for it to reboot.

Attachments

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where can I find the latest, (last?) Legit official Firmware for this camera?

Rocko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I have an issue with the PTZ controls when using BI app on data and sometimes on LAN, Basically the controls are useless as every time I do a P,T or a Z it is stuck on that command. Come home a few times and the camera is spinning around like a disco light obviously as somone has tried to move the cam and just given up. Is there any settings that can rectify this? I know it’s probably to do with data speed but would be good if there were a setting that adjusted the pulse timing of each command sent instead of getting stuck on that one particular PTZ command

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all, I have an issue with the PTZ controls when using BI app on data and sometimes on LAN, Basically the controls are useless as every time I do a P,T or a Z it is stuck on that command. Come home a few times and the camera is spinning around like a disco light obviously as somone has tried to move the cam and just given up. Is there any settings that can rectify this? I know it’s probably to do with data speed but would be good if there were a setting that adjusted the pulse timing of each command sent instead of getting stuck on that one particular PTZ command
Does this happen if you use the camera GUI to move the PTZ as well?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the cameras isolated from the internet and do not go through the router?

If your cameras go thru the router to get to the BI computer, the router is being overloaded as they cannot keep up with the constant stream of video. These cameras are not like streaming services - these cameras do not buffer like NetFlix does....pull your internet and the NetFlix will still stream for up to 30 seconds...pull the internet on a camera and you lose the stream IMMEDIATELY...

My BI app runs this PTZ just fine. You may also have the data requirements too high streaming to the app and then the connection cannot handle it.

I would look at your network setup first as I believe that is the issue.

Rocko

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera GUI is find, I think it definitely is a network issue. Thanks for speedy reply’s guys, I will check how iv patched it in and make some changes

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Camera GUI is find, I think it definitely is a network issue. Thanks for speedy reply’s guys, I will check how iv patched it in and make some changes
In addition for what's already been suggested,
In the PTZ setup tab for that camera, in BI, change the PTZ protocol from ONVIF to Dahua V4.
If that doesn't help then in the Blue Iris mobile app, go to settings, and turn on "PTZ Auto Step".

Rocko

n3wb
Reaction score
In addition for what's already been suggested,
In the PTZ setup tab for that camera, in BI, change the PTZ protocol from ONVIF to Dahua V4.
If that doesn't help then in the Blue Iris mobile app, go to settings, and turn on "PTZ Auto Step".
Thanks a lot Looney2ns, the PTZ Auto Step function appears to have helped. What exactly is this function? Also, does the Dahua V4 function have any added benefits ?

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm still trying to hone my ptz settings. Seems like I adjust them and when saved they go back to default.
When my camera identifies a target and tracks it once the target stops or disappears behind something the camera almost immediately reverts back to the preset. Is there a way to have it stay put for some amount of time before it jumps back to the original preset? Which setting controls this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still trying to hone my ptz settings. Seems like I adjust them and when saved they go back to default.
When my camera identifies a target and tracks it once the target stops or disappears behind something the camera almost immediately reverts back to the preset. Is there a way to have it stay put for some amount of time before it jumps back to the original preset? Which setting controls this?
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer as this camera is sensitive to the browser.

There is no setting to keep it at a spot when the person stops or disappears behind something.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer as this camera is sensitive to the browser.

There is no setting to keep it at a spot when the person stops or disappears behind something.
I"m using Pale Moon currently. You'd think there would be a delay of some sort available.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try IE. Many of us with this camera the settings only hold with IE. Mine do not hold with Pale Moon for this camera.

Yes, a delay on the motion tracking when it stops would be nice. I have found that if you are not zoomed in tight that it can hold for a little while longer.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try IE. Many of us with this camera the settings only hold with IE. Mine do not hold with Pale Moon for this camera.

Yes, a delay on the motion tracking when it stops would be nice. I have found that if you are not zoomed in tight that it can hold for a little while longer.

Thanks I'll try IE. I've never had it automatically zoom in past about 18x when it's auto tracking.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The zoom in 18X is relative - do you see the whole person or is it just upper body and most of the screen?

I have found that seeing the whole body in the frame will hold it longer because if they swing their hand or tap their foot or sway a little it will stay on them.

If I have it zoomed in to mainly upper body it will lose the track a lot faster.

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The zoom in 18X is relative - do you see the whole person or is it just upper body and most of the screen?

I have found that seeing the whole body in the frame will hold it longer because if they swing their hand or tap their foot or sway a little it will stay on them.

If I have it zoomed in to mainly upper body it will lose the track a lot faster.
Mine is going to be mostly cars/trucks. I have another ptz that I bought a couple of years ago, their 45x model and it is better about zooming in, but bad about zooming out. As traffic comes toward the camera it follows it but never really zooms out and eventually the car/truck drives out of the frame.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Looney2ns, the PTZ Auto Step function appears to have helped. What exactly is this function? Also, does the Dahua V4 function have any added benefits ?
Explained in the apps help. It should solve your spinning PTZ problem.
Dahua V4 for PTZ normally provides a better, smoother control than ONVIF. That might also help with your spinning issue.