Cantonk 4MP Camera

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it has the 12v option. You can probably do your own POE splitter to work with these cameras. The price sheet Is very confusing. You can also add Audio to a lot of their models as well it doesn't list.
So, without paying $6, I can still use my poe equipment to power it right? That's what I'm confused about. I figure if you pay $6, that's for a poe injector if you need it but it's not required?

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Their cameras do not come with POE standard. Some have optional external POE and some have optional internal POE. With either option you still need a POE switch or NVR. Otherwise they are powered by 12v so you could use a POE splitter if you had one.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh cool, thanks for the clarification. I'll definitely want PoE on mine!

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It means for the camera to be 802.1a compliant you need to add POE. Otherwise the camera has a 12v input. You can use a passive power adapter like these of you don't want the POE

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The verbiage on the price sheet was confusing for the PoE, so if you add $6 to it, you get the inline or or just gives you PoE support? It just sounds like you have to piecemeal the camera to get PoE support? By default, if don't opt in for the $6 poe, does it run on 12v only without any PoE functionality?
That is what happens when the Chinese try to write English. I confirmed with Alex that I needed POE and he added $6 for the inline POE.

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UPDATE

Well, one of the three cameras failed...sort of.
The camera suddenly went off color. Cantonk was good about connecting to the camera, dropping firmware and testing. They finally determined that it was a hardware issue. I ordered a replcemtent board and the replacement exhibited the exact same issue.
I have connected it to two different power supplies and two different network connections... I get the same results. I have never had a camera lens fail so I will dig deeper. I have no interest in paying to send the entire camera back.

This is what the camera looks like currently.
Cam image.jpg

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will take it down this weekend for testing. Once I know I will post more information. The other two cameras are doing fine so far.

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, looks like the IR cut filter is not working. I will play with it some more today, but I think a replacement will have to be ordered. Black and white works without issue. ...the testing continues...

IRcut test.jpg

Mystic

n3wb
Reaction score
Cantonk cameras are flashy and good looking but quality is totally bad. You should save yourselves the stress and not bother to try them. Average working time is 3months before you have to start to replace all what you purchased one after the other.