Cantonk 4MP Camera

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]Temporarily set out the KIP-500DR20H I received from Cantonk, huge difference from my analog cam in daylight. I hope it is as good at night. Still need to run a wire for it.

Front Analog.JPG

Front IP Cam.JPG

[/FONT]

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
is it just me, or does the aspect look off in the Cantonk image?
things look normal in the 4x3 analog view, vertically-flattened/horizontally-stretched in the 5MP 16:9 view...

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right now everything is at default, only changed IP. I need to learn what everything is.

How about this one? First was a snip from the utility that came with the cam, second was a snip from BI.

KIB-500.JPG

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
is it just me, or does the aspect look off in the Cantonk image?
things look normal in the 4x3 analog view, vertically-flattened/horizontally-stretched in the 5MP 16:9 view...
Yes, it should be 4:3 picture, unless it's set to 1080p then it will be stretched.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've noticed sometimes the Web UI will be distorted slightly or even a bit dark but it looks ok in BI. I don't know what the difference is I record direct to disk.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With those pictures i wish i wasn't a cheap ass and went with a higher MP from them.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
nice. now you just need another one at the other end of your porch/deck. :)

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I will add a junction box to this to bring in down a bit to cut down on reflection.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
on the one with the porch lights on (@9:52pm) , there seems to be some serious motion blur on the person coming thru the door.
or do you live with the Predator?... :)

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
on the one with the porch lights on (@9:52pm) , there seems to be some serious motion blur on the person coming thru the door.
or do you live with the Predator?... :)
LOL, no one coming through the door. That is a spring bonnet my wife has up for decoration, maybe the wind was blowing.

Hat.JPG

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
ah. that explains it. looking at something i couldn't ID + the reflection off the front door tricked my eyes... :)

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I may have to return one of the three cameras. I have to manually unplug it once a week because it has issues. The last issue was no video and now it is showing a 10sec clip from Sat at 9am in a loop. I am picking up a remote to control the power reset because I hate having to go up into my attic every time.
The other two cameras have been flawless so far.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That should fix the video issue. I discovered another annoyance with these cameras today. The option for POE has to be requested for an additional $6.00. That does not make me happy. I will add more to the review as it comes along though.
So, if you don't get the PoE option, it's powered by 12v instead?

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received a KIP-500DR20H from Alex at Cantonk and it had the inline. I don't like that either. Won't have time today to do anything with the camera but maybe tomorrow.
The verbiage on the price sheet was confusing for the PoE, so if you add $6 to it, you get the inline or or just gives you PoE support? It just sounds like you have to piecemeal the camera to get PoE support? By default, if don't opt in for the $6 poe, does it run on 12v only without any PoE functionality?

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The verbiage on the price sheet was confusing for the PoE, so if you add $6 to it, you get the inline or or just gives you PoE support? It just sounds like you have to piecemeal the camera to get PoE support? By default, if don't opt in for the $6 poe, does it run on 12v only without any PoE functionality?
Yes it has the 12v option. You can probably do your own POE splitter to work with these cameras. The price sheet Is very confusing. You can also add Audio to a lot of their models as well it doesn't list.