Bricked my DS-2CD2032-I from China, need 5.2.5 firmware? Someone please help.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
3. You will most likely be able to unbrick your camera by upgrading it to Chinese 5.2.5 Firmware to make it fully functional again.
Has anyone found a copy of Chinese 5.2.5?
Hik/China FTP only has up to 5.20.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone found a copy of Chinese 5.2.5?
Hik/China FTP only has up to 5.20.
Follow this link and download the "525.zip" file posted by Fenderman

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/hikvision/1784-hikvision-2532f-getting-audio-2.html?1784-Hikvision-2532F-IS-not-getting-any-audio-through=#post20608

That will get you the Chinese 5.2.5 version. You will have to TFTP it to the camera and it may take several tries if your camera is in a state of constant rebooting that interrupts the process.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Follow this link and download the "525.zip" file posted by Fenderman

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/hikvision/1784-hikvision-2532f-getting-audio-2.html?1784-Hikvision-2532F-IS-not-getting-any-audio-through=#post20608

That will get you the Chinese 5.2.5 version. You will have to TFTP it to the camera and it may take several tries if your camera is in a state of constant rebooting that interrupts the process.
If I understand it correctly the above firmware is both English & Chinese versions, the flavor is determined by the camera's region flag when installed.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I understand it correctly the above firmware is both English & Chinese versions, the flavor is determined by the camera's region flag when installed.
I believe so, but since your camera is from the Chinese Region, it will be in Chinese when you TFTP it to your cam. You could then Telnet into the camera and replace a file to make it multi-Language. I believe it's different from the permanent region hack that was done on cameras that originally had 5.2.3 or older, so make sure you are doing the right hack that works for 5.2.5...If you can get this far (5.2.5 in Chinese) and want to convert to English and not sure which hack, just let me know and I'll track down the specific post that explains this hack.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks wxman for the offer but I'm fine for now, all my cameras have the CBX hack.
I was trying to understand and clarify info on the firmware.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks wxman for the offer but I'm fine for now, all my cameras have the CBX hack.
I was trying to understand and clarify info on the firmware.
Oh I see. Well yeah, if you've got CBX's hack, then (from my understanding) you would be in all English if you install that 5.2.5 Firmware listed above.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
well if you still haven't fix it look at my posts and you will find the correct 2.5 firmware to sort out your rebooting camera or Ill make this easy for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdbjxlaukrehh15/AADOSefrwU0D7PRyr5whK4aFa?dl=0

As to the cost, why would you pay $109 on Amazon when you can pay $74 delivered on AliExpress and pay no import duty that's the unbelievable bit.
we all make mistakes but no there is no need to be condescending about it. As to finding a Hik dealer don't bother wasting your time, As they are marketing salesman and could not support you even if you fell over.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well if you still haven't fix it look at my posts and you will find the correct 2.5 firmware to sort out your rebooting camera or Ill make this easy for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdbjxlaukrehh15/AADOSefrwU0D7PRyr5whK4aFa?dl=0

As to the cost, why would you pay $109 on Amazon when you can pay $74 delivered on AliExpress and pay no import duty that's the unbelievable bit.
we all make mistakes but no there is no need to be condescending about it. As to finding a Hik dealer don't bother wasting your time, As they are marketing salesman and could not support you even if you fell over.
this will work on 2332 cams? is this English firmware or chinese?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This will work on all 2cd2xxx & 2cd3xxx as they all use the same firmware, This one has been set for the chinese firmware camera's, if you have EN,ML region camera's use HIKTOOLS to change the region flag from 2 to 1.

The load with tftp

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my camera has hacked firmware and is chinese camera so should work ok.

mirage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, may i ask for some help from you too.

i wanted to update my Hikvision DS-2cd2432f with the latest Firmeware Release (v5.3.0_150513) from the Hikvision Page. (Which finaly i identified was not a good idea,... :sick:)
I run the update via the Cam GUI and it processed without errors or warnings with 100% progress. After 100% it said it will restart the cam but since than the GUI doesn t returned any more:-(
Even there was no obvious issue it seems the firmeware upgrade failed or is incompatible with my cam, and just than i realised it would have been a good idea to inform me upfront,... my bad.

So since that upgrade i cant reach the cam via Browser anymore.
I still can ping the Cam so it stick to the fix ip i gave the cam before but nothing else is working
Also the cam get still found via SADP tool but wondering that in SDAP the Software Version say V4.0.8build 140610. ?
The Cam previously had the V5.2.5 Mulitlanguage Version preinstalled by the retailer from China.

I did some research and found this conversation and tried to follow the given instruction to get back to the V5.2.5 firmware.
Unfortunately i failed,..
The issue is that TFTP obiously don t find the cam and therefore don t performe firmware upgrade.

I set my computer to the recommended 192.0.0.128 but was wondering as my cam still has the fix IP that i should use that IP frame.
So the cam has fix 192.168.11.60 and i gave my computer fix the 192.168.11.128. however TFTP does not start to flash the cam (just say initialized)

if i look at the cam the Alarm LED is shine and the Link LED is flashing (as usual having a link to the switch)

May i ask you for some help and guidance what else i could try to get my cam back running.
Thanks a lot in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also the cam get still found via SADP tool but wondering that in SDAP the Software Version say V4.0.8build 140610. ?
This is the so-called 'mini-system' recovery mode that is used after a failed or incompatible firmware update. It's a basic Linux kernel with no web server (so no GUI) or applications loaded.

You should be able to get your camera back into a working state as follows:

Download the firmware from here: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English and extract the digicap.dav file.
Place it in the folder where the tftpserve.exe resides.
This tftp server must be the Hikvision-specific one - it says 'Hikvision tftp server' in the window title. A normal tftp server will not work, it doesn't respond to the Hikvision-specific handshake.
Change your PC IP address to 192.0.0.128, subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Start the tftp server.
Ensure that both the PC and the camera are wired as usual into your LAN router or switch.
Power-cycle the camera and watch the status window of the tftp server for messages. The update can take several minutes.
If successful, shut down the tftp server and power cycle the camera. Find it on SADP and set the IP address as required.

If nothing happens, it's likely that your Windows firewall is blocking access to the tftp server, depending on the answer you gave to the prompts about the firewall when tftpserve.exe was first run.
In Windows firewall 'Advanced settings', check that full access is allowed to UDP and TCP for both private and public networks for tftpserve.exe, modify as required.

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fyi It does not work for me. I ended up with chinese version 5.3.0.:cool:

This is the so-called 'mini-system' recovery mode that is used after a failed or incompatible firmware update. It's a basic Linux kernel with no web server (so no GUI) or applications loaded.

You should be able to get your camera back into a working state as follows:

Download the firmware from here: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English and extract the digicap.dav file.
Place it in the folder where the tftpserve.exe resides.
This tftp server must be the Hikvision-specific one - it says 'Hikvision tftp server' in the window title. A normal tftp server will not work, it doesn't respond to the Hikvision-specific handshake.
Change your PC IP address to 192.0.0.128, subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Start the tftp server.
Ensure that both the PC and the camera are wired as usual into your LAN router or switch.
Power-cycle the camera and watch the status window of the tftp server for messages. The update can take several minutes.
If successful, shut down the tftp server and power cycle the camera. Find it on SADP and set the IP address as required.

If nothing happens, it's likely that your Windows firewall is blocking access to the tftp server, depending on the answer you gave to the prompts about the firewall when tftpserve.exe was first run.
In Windows firewall 'Advanced settings', check that full access is allowed to UDP and TCP for both private and public networks for tftpserve.exe, modify as required.

mirage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot alastairstevenson for the answer, i was finally able to manage it.

Scanning google I found a lot of threads where several people run in the same trap.
So for those who also are in trouble find here some hints how i finally managed it:

I had my pain with this Tftp, it just did not found my cam (probably i had the wrong one as alastairstevenson mentioned it must be Hikvision specific).
Hovever, SADP (Tool from the standard hikvision TOOL Kit) could find my cam. So checking the Hikvision Tool Kit a bit closer i finally realized that there is a tool called "BatchUpgrading".
And starting that tool i realized that there you could choose the Cam based on the list of cam´s which SDAP found ! here we go ! yeah!
So i used the 5.2.5 digicap.dav i had from whoslooking and hit upgrade AND the tool told me that there is a multi language mismatch. So one step further,... i knew then i had the wrong firmware file,...
Scanning google now for a other 5.2.5 i found this thread: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3522-Where-can-i-find-a-working-firmware-for-my-DS-2CD2432F-IW-camera
There is the guy 'georges orwell' who uploaded the original firmware which his Chinese seller sent him.(for with the manufacturing date 01-2015)
I used that firmware with the "Batch Upgrading Tool" and i got back happy !!
yeah i have my cam back ! and all my settings was still there, so nothing lost (just wasted a lot of time,..)

hope that help the next one to save some time if you have similar issue.
cheers

Last edited by a moderator: