Blue Iris Trial?

Reaction score
What are the options for Bit rate? You have selected 'Customized'. What are the other options? That is not the same as my firmware.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your firmware is newer than mine.

Maybe Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) can link to the latest firmware.

You still have not posted a screen shot of the video tab as requested twice.

Where did you buy this camera from?

Is the bite rate changing even if you do not power the cam on and off?
I purchased the camera at Andy's Empire store on Amazon.

The bitrate does not change until a power cycle.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are the options for Bit rate? You have selected 'Customized'. What are the other options? That is not the same as my firmware.
Two drop down options: 4096 and 6144. Neither survives a power cycle.

Is there an update for the IPC-T2431T-AS camera? I can't find it.

Sorry for missing some of your requests. A lot of postings and you folks work fast.

Reaction score
I do not know if there is a more up to date firmware than what you have. I am a little concerned by the actual number: V2.820.15OG000.0.R

While I am not an expert on firmware, every time I have seen the version number with '150G' it has been a beta test version of some sort. Usually the official version numbers are like V2.800.0000000.13.R

Why don't you send @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) a message and ask what the latest official firmware for your cam is? I would bet that he can send you a link to it on IPCAMTALK for it.

For the time being, select the 6144 from the pull down and stop power cycling the cam.

As far as which browser to use, I have not had any issues using EDGE with an of my cams that have firmware newer than 12/25/2018. For older firmware I use Chrome with the NACL plugin without any issues. But I am on WIN10Pro. I currently have 21 Dahua cams, ten of which I use EDGE and the rest use Chrome. Chrome even without the NACL plugin works, you just do not get the video feed in the browser. But that really is no big issue since I just bring the cam up in BI as I am adjusting things anyway. I see the changes to the video in BI.

Last edited:

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When the camera was initialized with the ConfigTool there was an option to turn off cloud access.
I would like to go back to review that setting but the tool will not allow another initialize.
What is the cloud option about - whose cloud? I can't find any camera settings about any cloud access.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cloud is the Dahua Cloud in this case.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Found this in the IPC-T2431T-AS that looks odd to me. UPnP is not enabled but Start Device Discover is enabled with all failed status. Why enable discover when the service is not enabled? Any reason not to disable Start Device Discover? Does anything depend on this discover when UPnP is not enabled?

snip_20220513-141019.png

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your firmware is newer than mine.

Maybe Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) can link to the latest firmware.

You still have not posted a screen shot of the video tab as requested twice.

Where did you buy this camera from?

Is the bite rate changing even if you do not power the cam on and off?
I purchased the camera from Andy's store on Amazon and posted a message to Andy last Wed on any newer firmware question.
What should be my expectation on Andy's response time?