Blue Iris Trial?

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the
1000′ Spool Extreme Weatherproof Waterproof UV Rated Shielded Cat5E Solid Copper Cable
product in the store currently available to order?

Is there a data spec sheet for it?

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not know if there is a more up to date firmware than what you have. I am a little concerned by the actual number: V2.820.15OG000.0.R

While I am not an expert on firmware, every time I have seen the version number with '150G' it has been a beta test version of some sort. Usually the official version numbers are like V2.800.0000000.13.R

Why don't you send @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) a message and ask what the latest official firmware for your cam is? I would bet that he can send you a link to it on IPCAMTALK for it.

For the time being, select the 6144 from the pull down and stop power cycling the cam.

As far as which browser to use, I have not had any issues using EDGE with an of my cams that have firmware newer than 12/25/2018. For older firmware I use Chrome with the NACL plugin without any issues. But I am on WIN10Pro. I currently have 21 Dahua cams, ten of which I use EDGE and the rest use Chrome. Chrome even without the NACL plugin works, you just do not get the video feed in the browser. But that really is no big issue since I just bring the cam up in BI as I am adjusting things anyway. I see the changes to the video in BI.
After applying the update from Andy it shows:
System Version V2.820.0000000.45.R, Build Date: 2022-03-31

And now the 6144 and 1024 video bit rate settings stay unchanged through a power cycle.

TLCTimFL

n3wb
Reaction score
The Windows 7 issue is resolved, the Blue Iris trial is installed, and the camera is added.
I see a lot of settings - a lot to learn.

Right off I need to set camera data storage to another disk.
In Blue Iris Settings / Clips and Archiving the location of BlueIris/db can be changed.
When I change the BlueIris/db location will that change the location of all the folders in the list below (New, Stored, etc)?
Are there any other data storage location settings?

The IPC-T2431T-AS camera is still in default settings. Are there recommended settings to improve the video?

I read somewhere that recording can be set to the lower quality Substream then upon a trigger event the higher quality Mainstream will be recorded. Is this correct and how is it set?
The best way to setup your hardware is to add an extra internal hard drive and save all data to the added drive. This allows windows to do its thing on your main drive and the saves all happen on the added drive. Files will save faster. I tried using a NAS drive for the saves but remember, that's a lot of traffic over the network.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed the admin password on my IPC-T2431T-AS and now when I add the camera to BI using the new password the inspect window shows bad response, does not get the manufacturer info, and the video stream main profile looks wrong.
When I browse to the camera ip address the admin acct only logs in with the new password.
When I use the old password in BI it all looks right.
Either way the BI live camera view shows in BI.
I thought BI was storing the old password so I installed BI on another windows system but had the same results.
The camera only shows one account, the admin account.
How can this be? What am I missing here?

Camera version:

Device Type IPC-T2431T-AS-2.8mm
WEB Version V3.2.1.1210837
ONVIF Version 21.06(V3.1.0.1170003)

New password:

Video Stream Profile
Main (default) /
Sub (none)

Opening 192.168.1.111 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2000-01-07T06:05:05.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
etc.

Old password:

Video Stream Profile
Main MediaProfile_Channel1 /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Sub (none)

HTTP Get / request...
OK
2000-01-07T06:00:15.000Z
Manufacturer: Dahua
Model: IPC-T2431T-AS-2.8mm
FirmwareVersion: 2.820.0000000.45.R, Build Date 2022-03-31
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I changed the admin password on my IPC-T2431T-AS and now when I add the camera to BI using the new password the inspect window shows bad response, does not get the manufacturer info, and the video stream main profile looks wrong.
When I browse to the camera ip address the admin acct only logs in with the new password.
When I use the old password in BI it all looks right.
Either way the BI live camera view shows in BI.
I thought BI was storing the old password so I installed BI on another windows system but had the same results.
The camera only shows one account, the admin account.
How can this be? What am I missing here?

Camera version:

Device Type IPC-T2431T-AS-2.8mm
WEB Version V3.2.1.1210837
ONVIF Version 21.06(V3.1.0.1170003)

New password:

Video Stream Profile
Main (default) /
Sub (none)

HTTP Get / request...
OK
2000-01-07T06:05:05.000Z
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
etc.

Old password:

Video Stream Profile
Main MediaProfile_Channel1 /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Sub (none)

HTTP Get / request...
OK
2000-01-07T06:00:15.000Z
Manufacturer: Dahua
Model: IPC-T2431T-AS-2.8mm
FirmwareVersion: 2.820.0000000.45.R, Build Date 2022-03-31
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
etc.
This is a common problem unfortunately when someone changes the admin password.

What happens is the ONVIF user password isn't changed and that is why the old password still works in BI.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password and use that.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a common problem unfortunately when someone changes the admin password.

What happens is the ONVIF user password isn't changed and that is why the old password still works in BI.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password and use that.
Thanks. I set my other camera as well.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm testing speaking to and hearing someone in front of my IPC-T5541H-AS-PV camera - with the Dahua DMSS on my phone inside our LAN it worked.
I hear the camera audio in my headset on windows.
What I can't figure out is how to get my windows microphone sound to the camera speaker.
The mic is the default recording windows device.
In BI audio settings the mic is enabled audio capture hardware and shows active in the sound bar.
Am I missing a setting somewhere in BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm testing speaking to and hearing someone in front of my IPC-T5541H-AS-PV camera - with the Dahua DMSS on my phone inside our LAN it worked.
I hear the camera audio in my headset on windows.
What I can't figure out is how to get my windows microphone sound to the camera speaker.
The mic is the default recording windows device.
In BI audio settings the mic is enabled audio capture hardware and shows active in the sound bar.
Am I missing a setting somewhere in BI?
it has been awhile, but I think you have to click and hold in the mouse key on the mic for it to work in BI.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it has been awhile, but I think you have to click and hold in the mouse key on the mic for it to work in BI.
I tried that - but I hear the mic input in the headphones - there is no sound from the camera speaker.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The IPC-T5541H-AS-PV has RCA audio output. I remember someone added an external speaker to the camera but is there sufficient power in the RCA output or is PoE power also used?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am confused about camera video streams. The IPC-T5541H-AS-PV camera video configure stream profiles show no substream whereas in the camera the substream is enabled.
I read somewhere that the substream is used to reduce recorded video on disk until an event trigger(?) If this is possible I have no idea how to setup.
Help appreciated to point me in the right direction.

1655499357767.png

1655499810219.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI by default only uses mainstream.

You need to use the pulldown at none to select substream.

If nothing is there then copy the mainstream above it and change subtype=0 to subtype=1 and you will have substream.

Aronder

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI by default only uses mainstream.

You need to use the pulldown at none to select substream.

If nothing is there then copy the mainstream above it and change subtype=0 to subtype=1 and you will have substream.
Thanks. I'm not sure if I need the substream or what to do with it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will want to use the substrates- it keeps the CPU % way down.

Look at the optimization wiki and do all of them.