Blue Iris and CodeProject.AI ALPR

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the full image that you are trying to ALPR, it needs to be like the below image
1678723181127.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does the full field of view image look like? I cannot tell if that is digital zoomed or just cropped.

WhyAydan

n3wb
Reaction score
Its a image on google.

Here is one from the camera and it dosent detect it. The cameras are 4K but I dont know if there is a way to make this work.

Detects thats its a car though lol

Image Deleted

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The plate needs to be bigger.

Ideally the field of view should be not much bigger than the vehicle as shown in the example above that @MikeLud1 posted.

Keep in mind that this is a camera dedicated to plates and not an overview camera also. It is as much an art as it is a science. You will need two cameras. For LPR we need to OPTICALLY zoom in tight to make the plate as large as possible. For most of us, all you see is the not much more than a vehicle in the entire frame. Now maybe in the right location during the day it might be able to see some other things, but not at night.

WhyAydan

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah makes sense, so I should put a camera at the entrance pointing to where the number plate would be.

Ill get that done :) thanks!

mrtoast

n3wb
Reaction score
I found that it wasn't always triggering when I added it as an alert. The camera I'm using is dedicated to LPR so I'm only using the license plate model and I only have the DayPlate and NightPlate on the trigger page.

Not sure what's happening here, but I know it's working. I get alerts whenever a vehicle drives by regardless of whether or not it recognises a plate.
View attachment 155036
What Database is this that you are searching?

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@MikeLud1
Is there anything I can do to contribute to make the ALPR better? It's been working well so far during the day but when it's dark it's not capturing any plates. I currently have Rekor Scout with OpenAPLR running if that helps.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1
Is there anything I can do to contribute to make the ALPR better? It's been working well so far during the day but when it's dark it's not capturing any plates. I currently have Rekor Scout with OpenAPLR running if that helps.
I am still trying to figure out the best way to improve the ALPR module. If you can send me some samples of the night images that has issue.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out the best way to improve the ALPR module. If you can send me some samples of the night images that has issue.
Any chance this could be added to the arm64 versions of Codeproject? I am playing around with a Orange Pi 5 which is is maybe 80% faster than a RPI 4. I am trying to compare that to my old Xeon server running windows.

I also might run this on an M1 Mac which can run ARM docker files... That processor appears to really haul ass..

That said, all my benchmarking shows the oldschool xeon E3s running codeproject.ai on windows as being the fastest still?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any chance this could be added to the arm64 versions of Codeproject? I am playing around with a Orange Pi 5 which is is maybe 80% faster than a RPI 4. I am trying to compare that to my old Xeon server running windows.

I also might run this on an M1 Mac which can run ARM docker files... That processor appears to really haul ass..

That said, all my benchmarking shows the oldschool xeon E3s running codeproject.ai on windows as being the fastest still?
There is a Docker arm64 version of CodeProject.AI see the below link. I have not tried the arm64 , let me know if it works for you.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to get a License Plate Reader onto Blue Iris? Is CodeProject the Best? Is Deepstack better? or is Docker Desktop the best LPR? or is there something else that can be used. I have had no luck getting any of these to work so far.

Rick

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to get a License Plate Reader onto Blue Iris? Is CodeProject the Best? Is Deepstack better? or is Docker Desktop the best LPR? or is there something else that can be used. I have had no luck getting any of these to work so far.

Rick
The best is CodeProject.AI Windows version.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best is CodeProject.AI Windows version.
OK, question. I am trying CodeProject again. In Docker Desktop are you supposed to run platerecognizer/alpr under images for CodeProject?

Keeo getting an error "AI not responding. When I go to check it under codeproject explorer and check an image it times out every time and gives the following message "The request timed out (#reqid {request.reqid})". Also CodeProject keep going offline.

Rick

Last edited:

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score